If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    for a while the local burger king where i was living had $1 icees

i hadn't had them for years, possibly decades, before that
  • I like Frosties

Granted, I am a bit of a Wendy's fangirl because they started in my hometown
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ARE YOU UNHAPPY?
  • edited 2017-06-30 06:45:33
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Vorpy wrote: »
    ARE YOU UNHAPPY?

these people are
    [/convenient excuse to post news article]

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/actors-behind-popular-video-games-epic-strike/
  • Boo, t411, the only site I knew of reasonably stuffed with stuff in French to digitally transfer to your computer, has been shut down. I'll have to find some other.
  • There was this book that I looked for everywhere and got from MegaUpload, having to find it by guessing the URL (based on another volume's URL). Of course, MegaUpload has since died. Ever since then whenever a digital acquisition website goes down I wonder if some of the stuff I got from it no longer exists on the internet and I'm now holding something special.
    Historical mistakes are an interesting thing philosophically.

Like, the only way we can enjoy Nosferatu today is because not all copies of it were destroyed despite a copyright enforcement ruling ordering such.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    fuck copyright
  • Or how zombies (as we know them) are part of the popular culture (probably) because the distributers of Night of the Living Dead fucked up its copyright.
    Are there any popular mythical creatures currently owned by somebody?

I was always confused on D&D's Mindflayers and FF's Mindflayers being really similar but them coexisting legally. I know they changed the Beholder to Death/Evil Eye and replaced the tentacles with smoke tendrils instead on FFI.
  • Maybe it's because Mindflayers don't show up that often and aren't too important. I'm more curious about Bahamut.
  • edited 2017-07-01 23:47:43
    I think early D&D got sued for using "hobbits" as a term, but that's just naming since you can't really own the concept of "basically humans except shorter".
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I have a burrito.
  • I've just eaten a ham and cheese sandwich with strawberry preserve, and I have to say

it's pretty nice
    My GF is going to cook me some hamburger helper tonight :3
    I never got why it's called "Hamburger Helper".

People don't make it to put it into a hamburger. It's not like something that helps you make hamburgers. Nor, for that matter, is it something that goes with a hamburger.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    I don't even know what the product is, just that people wrote it as Hamburger Hepler to harass that Bioware writer.
  • "Hamburger" in "Hamburger Helper" is used as a synonym for ground beef, not in reference to a hamburger sandwich
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    it's cow
    I never got why it's called "Hamburger Helper".

People don't make it to put it into a hamburger. It's not like something that helps you make hamburgers. Nor, for that matter, is it something that goes with a hamburger.
    Yeah basically for the simpletons of America "hamburger" is what ground beef is called, and having it titled Ground Beef Helper lacked the alliteration to make it catchy.

Ground Beef G_____.

Ground Beef Bonus?

Yeah can't even think of a name for the "Hamburger Pasta Kit"
  • I wonder if I should seek external validation more often, stuff to convince myself that whatever I'm indulging in at the moment is not pointless.
    It's good that you've shared this instead of keeping it inside.

Snark aside, things do not always need to have a point to be worth indulging in. Protestants can go take a hike.
    I just want to make a "Let's Overreact to Everything Trump Does" thread
    I wonder if I should seek external validation more often, stuff to convince myself that whatever I'm indulging in at the moment is not pointless.

the path to external validation is a dangerous one.
  • Vorpy wrote: »
    I just want to make a "Let's Overreact to Everything Trump Does" thread

• Bovarian Mammarian
    Trump was eaten by a shark
  • edited 2017-07-04 16:56:05
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Trump was eaten by a shark
    dis our new president: a shark.

did his senior advisor feel seaworthy?
    *RSS Feed of Trump's Twitter rings and I grab it off the nightstand*
    "Sir, sir, at long last have you no decency in tarnishing the American(1/33)"
  • edited 2017-07-08 17:38:48
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    [NSFW]

SEE THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT