If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2017-06-22 16:52:49
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Peace Bear is clearly not working out. Do I have to form a drum circle in a heavily gentrified neighborhood or something?
    Yeah, sorry, I should have dragged this into the anime thread.

(I'm not sure I get the reference in your latter sentence.)

Though I guess now @lrdgck can enjoy being shocked and amused at how profusely this blew up. heh
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Drum circles+Gentrified neighbourhoods are all the fun and mysticism of free love without any of the actually having to live by your principles. Y'know, things Peace Bear is very about.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    fucking hypocrites
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    You know, I do draw some lame kind of pride from the fact I accidentally started one of the longer debates seen on this site these days.
  • I see I have missed a lot on Mandoca Mágica stuff. I remember I started reading Oriko Magica but didn't finish it. If I ever go back to it, what should I watch/read next? (Besides the original TV series.)
  • Drama CDs. Even the ones that don't fit with the show.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I never watched it, but I know about Mami's Mammies.
  • The original anime series holds tremendous emotional significance for me. Certain scenes still make me sob like a little girl. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that I viewed it, completely unprepared for its content, during an extremely tough period of my life.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    *patpat*
  • edited 2017-06-23 09:34:54
    The original anime series holds tremendous emotional significance for me. Certain scenes still make me sob like a little girl. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that I viewed it, completely unprepared for its content, during an extremely tough period of my life.
    I know that feel. It didn't quite happen that way for me with MadoMagi itself but it happened for me with other series, such as Kiddy Grade.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    update: I still only own one cowbell.
  • and I still only own one traffic signal
  • edited 2017-06-24 01:43:43
    update: I still only own one cowbell.
    [BillyMays] DO YOU NEED MORE COWBELL IN YOUR LIFE?! =D
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I got a fever and the only prescription is
  • I still own no Touhou stuff.

I have some sticker paper left over. Maybe I should print some Toehoes?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    sure why not
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I still own no Touhou stuff.

I have some sticker paper left over. Maybe I should print some Toehoes?
    Steam sale this year is Sticker Star Symphony
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Damn, I missed the Madoka Blowout:

Hitomi is a horrendous plot device.
    I like Homura's design but I hate her with a passion. Saving the Few at the expense of the Many is an unambigously evil act in my eyes. That's why I love the ending of the movie where she becomes Satan, that's what she deserves.
  • I was serious about the traffic signal. Check it out!

• edited 2017-06-24 05:01:06
    vandro wrote: »
    Damn, I missed the Madoka Blowout:

Hitomi is a horrendous plot device.
    I like Homura's design but I hate her with a passion. Saving the Few at the expense of the Many is an unambigously evil act in my eyes. That's why I love the ending of the movie where she becomes Satan, that's what she deserves.
    I disagree with the premise that makes the act unambiguously evil, and thus disagree with how the story treated her, but the moment has probably passed for me to continue that topic...

Anyhow it's funny that I'm also a fan of Nanoha and she is nicknamed the "white devil".

Though in her case that's for wearing mainly white clothes and for her line "It's fine if I'm a devil...I'll just have to use my hellish powers to make you listen!", which refers to her tendency to invoke the Defeat Means Friendship trope through a combination of (1) being able to talk to and connect with people on a personal level and (2) forcing people to listen to what she says by subduing them using immense amounts of magical power.

(Note: I am aware of racial implications of the phrase "white devil", but that term was coined by the Japanese, originally to describe Amuro Ray from the Gundam franchise, and then used by Nanoha fans to describe Nanoha due to their similarities. Nanoha's magic color is pink so presumably it might be more accurate to call her the "pink devil".)

(Speaking of pink, I recently discovered this: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=73953 )
  • edited 2017-06-24 06:43:42
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I disagree with the premise wordswordswords

[Peace Bear Alert] If we're going to do this some more we should move it to the Anime thread.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few
  • I keep reading "Peace Bear" in the same tone as the "you must gather your party before venturing forth" guy from Baldur's Gate.

I am not sure why.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Update: I have a Frosty.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Update: I have a Frosty.
    Do you still prossess a Frosty?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I have consumed it
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I should get a Frosty
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Everyone should have one now and then