If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I wonder what's gonna happen when they do it to Tarantino's. Also, are they also going to remove plot-irrelevant sex scenes? 'Cause I wouldn't mind.
  • These sound like existing TV edits, so anyone who remembers seeing them on TV might already know. Buuut I'm not seeing any titles I recognize as Tarantino.
  • I just finished two weeks worth of university errands. Hopefully I won't have to do anything else there.
  • edited 2017-06-15 19:20:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My opinion on them is that I take them as is -- if I find them entertaining, then they work fine; if I don't, then I can blame the cuts if applicable.  And I don't pretend that the clean cuts either supersede or are necessarily worse than the originals -- the originals still exist and I respect that there are now two versions of it.

(I don't like crusading against censorship in every way possible and irritating everyone around in the process.)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Meanwhile, of my recent order of six books, the one I was looking forward to the most was the last to get confirmed, and it finally has been confirmed.  Here's to my passport back to Lugnica.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    what books did you get
    what books did you get

Amazingly I misread this as spelled like something you're more memetically known for.

Anyway:
    * a couple of Algebra workbooks, to find problems for helping a tutoring student
    * UN Food and Agriculture Organization's 2010 Forest Resources Assessment report
    * a World Bank book about Costa Rica's forest policy
    * Re:Zero vol. 1 (light novel)
    * A Certain Magical Index vol. 1 (light novel)
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    So, our interests continue to not overlap. Good to see
  • Sometimes I wish that drinking always made me feel better, instead of enhancing whatever mood I happen to be in at the time. Last night I was planning to, but something put me in a shitty mood, so I held off. On the plus side, I guess maybe the fact that I was capable of exercising restraint (instead of just going "I don't care if it'll make me feel worse, I need booze in me!") means I'm not an alcoholic or anything.
    > C:\PaleMoon Portable\Downloads

Oh hey, PaleMoon Portable is downloading things to here, instead of C:\Users\username\Downloads.

I like this.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    oh my
    I AM FREEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    free from what?
  • edited 2017-06-16 15:47:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    >Fluffy thinkpiece that presents Solange Knowles as a deity (or popular at all)
    And people wonder why magazines are dying.

I swear if I see another fashion piece called "The [Whatever] Edit" I will break something.

Now to take my own criticism of fashion cliches and go all 180 I am dying over the neo-cowlneck windbreakers from Nautica's Spring/Summer line.
    free from what?

from annoying garbage generally, but not just that.

I'm also free to go to Washington today. Kind of. Provided I don't tell a whole lot of people IRL.

Got my plane tickets and everything. Gonna go visit Wild Waves with somebody I met
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I'm not gonna ask questions
    I'm not gonna ask questions

Good ^_^
  • edited 2017-06-18 07:00:20
    Vorpy wrote: »
    free from what?

from annoying garbage generally, but not just that.
    I'm also free to go to Washington today. Kind of. Provided I don't tell a whole lot of people IRL.
    Got my plane tickets and everything. Gonna go visit Wild Waves with somebody I met

nice
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Slashfic forever /hasn't read slashfic in years
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    update: hasn't read slashfic ever
    I'm another year older again.
  • happy year older
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    congratulations on surviving another year.
  • edited 2017-06-19 01:17:30
    I'm another year older again.

:P
    (Happy birthday :) )
    Thanks guys~
  • The power at home went out around 9 o'clock last night, during a storm.

It wasn't fixed until 6:30 this morning.

So now I'm up really early because I slept last night when there was no Internet or TV.
  • I'll now be doing administrator stuff at work. I was already doing some of it but now it'll be my main job. I'm not sure I'm okay with this. Responsibilities suck.

Also while rummaging through high school stuff I found my academic aptitude test scores, it said I was more apt for studying math than anything else (with my actual career not far behind). Maybe I should have done that instead?
  • edited 2017-06-22 08:50:23
    Sometimes it's tempting to post thoughts that I feel strongly about but y'all have probably heard to the point of being sick of hearing of it.

Well I try to keep track who's gotten sick of which opinions, but sometimes it's not perfect.

I mean right now I'm rambling about my opinions on Madoka Magica again, in another part of the internet. I'm pretty sure I've thrown them on here in the past. Thing is I do have strong opinions on the show, and contemplating it (such as by watching AMVs related to it), especially in ways that are related to my favorite character in the show (Homura), just makes me want to voice those opinions again. Even if -- or perhaps especially -- in defiance of an "established reality" (in this case, the canon of the story). And perhaps it resonates with how I sometimes feel about real life itself.

Homura remains an inspirational character to me. One can say that Homura represents the idea that things shouldn't have happened the way they did, but should have happened differently.