If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    I highly doubt there haven't been at least yearly shooting incidents in your immediate vicinity if you just Google it. It's very easy to miss if it's someone dicking around with a gun or a fight that doesn't end with someone dying, since it doesn't make headlines for long. In my estimation, the world has always been this way, it's actually getting less and less dangerous all the time, statistically. 

Also, lol @ Clinton stans always being petty past-their-prime dudes (save perhaps for the chickhawks). 
  • Heh, "chickhawks". Haven't heard that one before, but I like it and believe I shall start using it.

And yeah, you could be right about shootings. Even decades ago if I'm actually right about it being rare back then, I'm sure at least one person per year got killed.
  • ^^ I kinda wonder how many of those gunshots at night within audible distance resulted in someone getting injured or dying.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Wisdom teeth removed this morning. Mouth still sore and bleeding. Ugh.
  • Hope you feel better soon.
  • edited 2016-06-18 02:13:42
    So I decided to give a little place called "Heapers' Hangout" a try.

Howevs (that's a word I've only ever seen used in one Empowered story and nowhere else, but I wanted to type it just now), you can't just register and log right in anymore. You need an invitation code.

To get the invitation code you need to e-mail asking for one.

It's been about a day since I did that, and no response. Is that normal?

EDIT: Oh cool, I just got a thing saying I'm in. Never mind.
  • Fighteer not immediately being shown the door has, by far, been the biggest disappointment of TVT's new administration.
  • ^ I thought at this point he was the administration.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm a year older again #_#
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Feliz cumpleaños.
    Thanks guys~
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Happy birthday fourteenwings!~

I would say that I have been revisiting Aoi Eir's albums that you introduced me to, but then all you'd do is complain that I haven't picked up the latest ones... :P
    Hip hip hooray! (never use this around Jewish people though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hip_hooray )
    Thanks guys~
    "Jerusalem is lost"
    ok then
    but then all you'd do is complain that I haven't picked up the latest ones...
    You can skip AUBE, but I will add "hasn't heard D'AZUR" to my "why GMH" list.
    >"White men shouldn't try to argue with me"
    *proceeds to write article on why person in question is wrong, to be published tomorrow*

Looks like we're really doing this left-libertarian thang. On the bright side, the concepts of implicit bias and filter bubbles will now be introduced to an audience of old people who will instead focus on how the university system has turned me into a delusional idiot cloistered from hardship on the taxpayer's dime (which is true in my case, but still). Will provide translation on request.
    Post-Mortem of Panama in the America Cup Centennial: It was obvious we were going to lose to Argentina, but Chile, goddamn, I feel bad. Also, our ex-president went to our matches, the currently requested for wire-tapping one. Stupid shit. Why can't he be taken back to face justice yet, is beyond me.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is Brazilian soccer unusually sucking lately or is it just my perceptions?
    The proper answer is decline.
  • edited 2016-06-24 12:04:43
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Ahh, getting throttled to 128kbps on my phone finally makes the images thread take a lot longer to load. Also reminds me of how the internet shoukd stop being bandwidth-wasteful in general. lol @ being spoiled the past few years

I used up all my higher-speed data for the month and my phone plan is such that the data speed is throttled after that.

I don't actually mind that much. I do very little on my phone that requires higher-speed data. The only reason this happened now is because I spent a few days wasting most of my high-speed data allocation on watching YouTube reuploads of Rescue 911. Which is of course totally worth it because it's Rescue 911.

Funniest thing is, I'm pretty sure 4G LTE high-speed mobile data is actually faster than my own home internet service.
    Why yes, you should certainly let your dog roam freely next to a railroad. You have a gate on your fence, use it. We have enough suicidees causing train delays without doge pancakes adding to the pile. 
  • edited 2016-06-26 08:34:27
    I had this livid (Freudian?) nightmare where a bunch of my professors (some real) hated my guts for some reason, I couldn't figure why and they wouldn't tell me, and seeked to humiliate me in front of class, asking me to answer stuff on the blackboard with a thin chalk and worn out eraser, or asking personal questions as if they were related to class, all completely realistic. I woke up all sweaty.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I've just read that with UK leaving the EU, English may cease to be an official EU language. We'll have to see if Ireland and Malta (which both have English as a second official language internally) have any opinion on what to do with it.

Also, England just Brexitted itself from Euro footy championships.
  • I just learned that you can close the huge blue "microsoft blocks the site's e-mails" message in the main page, and now it feels off.
    You're right...
    >1,5 hours cycling to remote senior home because Google Maps can't estimate cycling times for the life of it.
    >too late for class, go back home. 1,5 hours of useless cycling.
    >Turkish security guard thinks jukebox is bomb since last night's terror attack after I leave it with the register lady while shopping
    >bike is broken to the point it now resembles a malformed jousting artifact
    >train delays due to suspicious package
    >literally run so out of options on OKC you message the gal into bimbofication by pointing out that you also like turning up the stupid ("look, I'm in a bad pub star's clip for 2 seconds")
    Kill me now, spare me the indignity that is life. 
  • Last Monday, I noticed a new street sign had gone up in my neighborhood...but with a typo:

See, "Chaple" isn't a word. It's supposed to say "Chapel", like all the other signs do. For instance, this one from when the street first opened in the 1990s:

I noticed the misspelling on Monday. I contacted 311 about it on Wednesday, and to my surprise...by Friday, it was fixed!

If I'd known the city responded this quickly to complaints about traffic signs, I would have started bugging them years ago! :P

• I just realized to open a page in a new tab rather than right-clicking a link then left-clicking the Open Link in New Tab you can use two right-clicks instead. For some reason I feel this is going to make browsing much more comfortable.