If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    hair flip
    mid-2000s_homura_dot_jaypeg

Yeah she's pretty gorgeous.

Wait, you're putting the file extension into the file name?  mind=blown
  • why does he keep doing that with the book
    hey look it's kyubey
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    why does he keep doing that with the book
    hey look it's kyubey

and he's still just as annoying as he was back then
  • something
    asuka_with_rei.jpg
    seriously, check the voice credits.
  • edited 2016-03-19 23:28:39
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I always wondered why there weren't that many parallels drawn between Alyssa Searrs and Fate Testarossa, actually.  They both have roughly similar color schemes (blond hair, dark clothing), they're both artificial ability users, and Fate's "other name" (so to speak) is "Alicia".
  • edited 2016-03-20 07:00:17
    Can't say they ever seemed all that similar to me. 
    Chiwa Saito writes a song
    Why haven't I watched this show with audio commentary before?
  • No mention of Backstroke of the West is complete without the dubbed version:

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^ Knowing the context kind of ruins it.
  • edited 2016-03-22 17:48:17
    it's tough when friends die on you

pot lid
  • edited 2016-03-22 21:25:34
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Ah, why shouldn't I join?
    linky
    That's what I call, "use your head"!
  • Should probably link that instead of embedding.
    what's this?
  • edited 2016-03-22 21:27:53
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^ + ^ kinda meh in comparison in my opinion, but did as you say.
  • edited 2016-03-23 19:38:17
    Still more suitable for sequels than "Glass Trap".
    ----

• Sakura and Kyoko
    Naming coincidences amuse me.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-26 00:48:39
    I kind of want to see this one with a "why would you post that" caption.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Now that  

is a godawful stance. 
  • It was different a few seconds before that.
    firey Garo
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-27 18:11:01
    MadassAlex wrote: »
    Now that  

is a godawful stance. 

I guess it's okay if you're intentionally trying to /wrist.

I can see that happening transitorily if you deflect something with the left forearm (hope your armor is REALLY good!) while rushing forward for a stab.

But like, as a static stance it's like "please dislocate my shoulder now".  Reminds me of that ridiculous overhead bow draw in Avatar.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Didn't they have something similar to that stance in kung-fu forms with jian?
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-27 22:24:41
    Jian's a bit weird, since it's supposed to meld in with the rest of kung-fu.  You're fully expected to be making strikes with your other limbs there, and the entire art has some screwy balance that they make work through nonconventional means.  It's not exactly the sort of thing you can pull off in full plate either.

Even then, the kinds of stances that happen there don't tend to involve blocking your own weapon's entire potential swing or thrust arc with your forearm, and don't pitch your sword arm that far back.  The shoulder can get a surprisingly good amount of leverage to deflect things at high angles, but at back angles you're going to dislocate something.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It was different a few seconds before that.

The issue is essentially the same. When you hold a sword in any position, an opponent is overwhelmingly likely to seek openings where your sword isn't currently situated. A sword at the height of your upper torso on your right side, therefore, encourages opponents to attack a target on your left side. But you'll notice that the extended hand closes the wielder's sword path to their own left side, making any defenses to the left very slow. The general posture, along with the position of the left hand, is begging to be struck. And not in the "I'mma intentionally take an open guard to invite an attack so as to counter" sense. 

lrdgck wrote: »
    Didn't they have something similar to that stance in kung-fu forms with jian?

I'm by no means particularly knowledgeable about Chinese martial arts, but I do know that jian is included in approximately one hell of a lot of them, and sometimes used in remarkably different ways. Some forms of jian use closely resemble European rapier, for instance. As Bee noted, others are more integrated into "unarmed" systems and might be better compared to German messer sources (as they cover a single sword with an empty hand) or later single sword systems.

Naturally, no European source is an entirely proper fit for jian instruction, but I'm calling upon a frame of reference we share. 

The point here is that silly extraneous posture elements are silly, which I bring up as a reminder to keep things simple where possible. Human combat behaviours can reach such complexity with simple motions in the first place that introducing additional complexity is like suicide by small intervals. 
  • edited 2016-03-28 16:10:36

Most of these seriously don't apply considering the armor looks about as fantasy as it gets. And in that particular scene his opponent was too far away (and way too slow) to exploit any openings.
    fire
    Although Leon is written as not having the best fighting technique considering he loses to opponents that weaker knights manage to beat later, which I can't recall ever happening to any other Garo.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-03-29 06:47:20

• edited 2016-03-30 03:55:57
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Most of these seriously don't apply considering the armor looks about as fantasy as it gets. And in that particular scene his opponent was too far away (and way too slow) to exploit any openings.
    Although Leon is written as not having the best fighting technique considering he loses to opponents that weaker knights manage to beat later, which I can't recall ever happening to any other Garo

Pedantic Alex is pedantic is all. On that note:

(Also, when considering armour of this type, we'd want to be seeing narrower blades at the point and/or half-sword-like postures anyway. But armour in fiction is often made of paper so)