If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Naas_Human: Funny you're the one with the Homura avatar here while I'm the one with a Homura avatar over on HH.
  • edited 2016-01-15 12:03:22
    Have you accepted the glorious truth that Movie Megucas > series versions*?
    *Besides Madoka herself, oddly
  • edited 2016-01-15 15:25:21
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Have you accepted the glorious truth that Movie Megucas > series versions*?
    *Besides Madoka herself, oddly

I don't believe in the movie versions.  In my timeline, they have not happened.  At least, not yet. :P
  • edited 2016-01-15 16:07:14
    Diet NEET
    After co-opting ponies, creepy white dudes have now been steadily stealing the lingo of teen girls to further their own political ends ("gross", "wow, just wow" and "um no", etc.).
  • "um no"

Made me think of this.
    > um no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-MRecYDNo
  • Google Trends data shows no correlation between a rise in findom/netorare/related kinks and a rise in cuckservative/coalburner/other "stealing my waifu" fears. Three possible conclusions: the gay preacher 2.0 story is quatsch (duh), the whole cuckservative panic is media reporting on themselves ("me and my friends got mocked on Twitter, clearly this must be happening to everybody"), or Google Trends is a horrible metric to estimate anything (also duh). 
    Correlation does not imply causation, unless it's sufficient funny or serves your desired political narrative/worldview.
  • "Actually" is apparently feminized, weak language according to this nonsensical app: https://debuk.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/crap-apps-and-female-email/
    I thought it was the parlance of mansplainers.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I'm no expert, but it just sounds stupid.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    So... empowerment via phrase-policing?
  • That first paragraph reminds me of that person who claimed that Clippy is a mansplaining shitlord.

Besides that, I wonder why is it (from what I've seen anyways) so common among economists to do graphs where one axis' values start above 0 (and not because they're trying to mislead or anything).
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Bought a specific box of assorted chocolates (12 chocolates, 6 types) and only ate four out of the whole thing. Thrice.

Whenever I place them in a cabinet with zero intention of ever fetching them again I hear (well, read in my head) GMH's posts about wasting food.
    Bought a specific box of assorted chocolates (12 chocolates, 6 types) and only ate four out of the whole thing. Thrice.

Whenever I place them in a cabinet with zero intention of ever fetching them again I hear (well, read in my head) GMH's posts about wasting food.

hahahahahahahaha

I still have this chocolate bar cracker thing in the shape of a cat that I have yet to eat, which I got as a gift on Halloween.

There were a couple other pieces with it; I ate those around (U.S.) Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    That feel when you drive to a gas station and it turns out the prices fell since the last time. I could totally post a smug Pepe or that Serbian paramilitary guy.
  • edited 2016-01-21 22:17:58
    Diet NEET
    >police making house calls to people who mildly Twitter about protesting against refugee centers, warning them it could be construed as incitement (examples: "We can't let this happen, #protestheazcs" and "The government is ignoring the sentiments of the silent majority, make yourself heard!")
    >this is justified by calling it an extension of your friendly neighbourhood police actually trying to build a relationship with the community

Fuck 'em. This is the same nonsense as arresting that black activist for shouting "Fuck the King" previous summer. The fuzz constantly make blunders on social media of local divisions, which get a quick delete without even an apology. Other people should also be treated to that hands-off approach. Effective chill instead of chilling effects. 

Since you mentioned that. On my way to work (sort of), I pass by a mural. "May every arab know, this country belongs to us". You know, the typical rhetoric (I adjusted the translation a bit but the message is the same).

As the word "arab" is written in the lower case, I have no idea though what do they have against purebred horses.

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    So, Georgi Armani dies on the 7th moobie

That feel when you are assigning grades to students.

• With great power comes great responsibility. (i.e. don't completely mark off a problem for basic arithmetic errors.)

Speaking of math, I started learning set theory. It's harder than it looks, I'm not sure I'll get very far.
  • edited 2016-01-27 00:28:45
    Diet NEET
    My 50-ish barber apparently would bang Taylor Swift, and is suave as fuck if his stories are to be believed. He's wonderfully entertaining. 

And the 70-ish dude in my creative writing class wrote an erotic story of a Cadillac in a car wash.

And the lady fellow international introductory week crew member talked about 1 Man 1 Jar.

And the BA fellow student talked about getting her news from sites that talk about how the government holds back the cure for cancer.

And some random girl used her nails to manually force open the toilet while I was sitting on it.

It's just one of those days, apparently. 
  • Alright, I know I'm bad at remembering my e-mail passwords, but I've had to work around lost passwords enough times, including with many obvious passwords, that I now believe someone keeps hacking my accounts.
    If you got your computer stolen at some point, maybe someone is using that to mess with your accounts?
  • Yeh, that could be it.

I wonder if I'm really getting hacked, though, or if I'm just getting confused about these accounts. Whatevs, I changed my security settings anyways.
    Burger King's new "buttery cheeseburger" is...a thing.

I'm not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing yet.
    Cool stuff to put into a videogame:

The four cardinal directions provided the fundamental grid for both
    the Maya communities and the surface of the earth. The most important
    direction was east which was associated with the color red. Maya
    cartographers would typically place east at the top of the page. North
    was associated with cool rains, and is represented by the color white.
    West is the dying place of the sun, represented by the color black.
    South was associated with the color yellow and was considered the
    right-hand of the sun.[1]

The four cardinal directions were seen in relationship to the
    center which was represented by the color blue-green. Running through
    this center, the Maya envisioned an axis called Wacah Chan which was symbolized as a tree with its roots in the underworld
    and its branches soaring into the heavenly area above. The world of the
    human beings was connected to the Otherworld through the Wacah Chan.
    The Wacah Chan did not exist at a specific geographic place, but could
    be materialized through ritual at any point in the natural or human-made
    landscape. Through bloodletting rituals, the Maya king would bring the World Tree into existence to open the doorway to the Otherworld.[1]

http://astrology.wikia.com/wiki/Maya_cardinal_directions

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    So, not only was my university application accepted (attending community college right now, transferring in the fall), but as it turns out, I'm also eligible for a scholarship! So, uh, hell yes?
    So, not only was my university application accepted (attending community college right now, transferring in the fall), but as it turns out, I'm also eligible for a scholarship! So, uh, hell yes?

Congrats!
    So, what it was that you are studying?
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Mathematics, mostly. The university in question offers a math/comp-sci joint major.