If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2015-12-03 02:42:52
    Whatever you do, keep your temper, and don't let feels > reals

So I learned that Walter Lewin (the MIT physics prof. with lots of good lectures on the 'net) has (apparently) been involved in sexual harassment of online students. The blowup doll demonstration just got creepy.

On a related note, I've taken on studying physics stuff again.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Sexually harassing online students is like licking a lollipop through a sheet of glass. It's like he was in it just to be rude.
  • Well, to be specific he allegedly had students cyber with him.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

That's still the "I want to but I'm afraid" of sexual harassment. Pretty lame.

Mhm. I'm probably stretching the edgy limit by now, and I've got a feeling any attempt at continuing seriously is going to be even edgier in some different way.

• Is it weird that I'm embarassed I don't have a dealer? I could probably get one via via, but I do not know one directly, and once again a bunch of peeps asked me where I get my drugs(ugh, it's called having no social awareness or boundaries, neuronormies). 
  • You don't have a dealer? If you don't at least have your own plants that's going to be a -10 to your street cred.
  • An uncle just passed away, from kidney related problems.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Sorry to hear that. :(
    That is awful.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Condolences. If it's a weight on you, my inbox is open. 
  • Ahh, thanks everyone.

I'll miss that uncle, he was a really sweet person.

And I just realized my aunts and uncles are old enough that they can end up passing away anytime now. I guess I shouldn't miss any more family gatherings.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

"Stop trying so hard to be different." is usually what I say.

I've just made an interesting observation.

Last winter (or should I say, last "winter"), I said that I've probably got those seasonal mood swings, what with depressive moods hitting me particularly hard that part of the year. Now, I've been thinking I'm doing better, but then I realized I'm angry all the time. So it's like, I still get these awkward moods, but now it's angry instead of miserable.

An interesting corollary to the interesting observation: the Pepe the Sad Frog meme evolved into the Angry Frog, and then Smug Frog. So I'm like in the second stage. By internalizing the powers of the Pepe, I await many uplifting feels next winter.

• There was a previous, happy Pepe.

Also, smug pepe is smug because he's delusional, so it's not all that great

Just saw Force Awakens.

*spoiler warning*

SNAPE KILLS TEH DUMBLEDORE!!!1

Just saw Force Awakens.

*spoiler warning*

A proficient effort, but it felt like a summary of the original trilogy.
    Didn't see Force Awakens.

*spoiler warning*

Aeris dies
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    gmh why
  • It just fascinates me: folks trying to outcompete each other in creating an atmosphere in which everybody's a winner. 
    Hey Naas, I found you: https://hummingbird.me/users/Ryan
  • edited 2015-12-22 14:04:16
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    The big Christmas giveaway: Are shops discounting too early?
    Arguements for; Black Friday didn't work out for non-Americans so now we're trying to make footfall a thing again through lots of eye-catching but bottom-line-damaging promotions.

Arguements against; it's the winter coats fault. All of it. It's perfectly sane to force footfall for the whole market if winter coats didn't sell.

This is wrong, Naas' waifu is Ultraman.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    Okay, the Homogeneous Christmas Rom-com Channel is starting to bug me. All of these movies are starting to blend together.

Watch Jack Frost (there are two films of that title mind you, but you know which one), Santa's Slay, or Silent Night, Deadly Night. Or this French film, which seems to be some kind of a cross between Home Alone and First Blood:

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    the Homogeneous Christmas Rom-com Channel is starting to bug me.
    I watched like thirty minutes of one of those things and the only thing I could agree with was the villain saying "What's more Christmassy than shopping?" (also I guess when she replaced a mall Santa with Abercrombie & Fitch models because duh).
  • edited 2015-12-25 04:29:07
    Merry Christmas, everyone!

And Happy Birthday, Sir Newton!
    Merry Christmas! My dad got me a ballin' copy of Le Morte d'Arthur, with gold-trimmed pages and everything. It's now the centrepiece of my bookshelf. 

Not everyone was paying attention, but on the 12th of December, an international treaty was signed in Paris wherein the majority of the world's nations pledged to keep global warming under the 2.0C threshold. That's a gift we and, our children, and many generations thereafter will benefit from. Here's to a better 2016, and many better years to come.
    I hear that they agreed to aim for 1.5 degrees Celsius, but current "Intended Nationally Determined Contributions" are on track to exceed 3 degrees Celsius, so the countries of the world will have to beat their own estimates to actually get that 1.5 goal.
  • Happy Yule/Saturnalia/Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, may your holidays remain free from cultural appropriation by Mithraic sects.
  • edited 2015-12-25 15:07:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    very hot yule here in the eastern united states

i blame that curvy jet stream on a decreased temperature gradient
    We've had some good ten degrees during the day. We're all waiting for Easter to assume the role of "the white holiday".