If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Y'know a great way to make people shout less in text?

edited 2013-09-15 21:31:35 in Tech
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Make capital letters cost two character counts.

Comments

• edited 2013-09-15 22:12:16
    a little muffled

Define "capital letters".

• I'll give you a penny to SHUT THE FUCK UP

$0.26.

• what if we write like this?

• Kichigai birthday!!

Look at my post, it 's emphatic in 4 different ways

• Textual experiences all across this forum.

• Reminds me of something I came across many years ago: One URL-shortening website attempted to be Twitter-friendly by using Unicode characters in its URLs in addition to the basic ASCII set. More possible characters = more possible combinations = fewer characters required in each URL. Simple, right?

As it turned out, a number of third-party Twitter clients at the time weren't actually counting 140 characters, but 140 bytes, under the naive assumption that one character always equals one byte. So some of these fancy characters, when pasted into said clients, were counting as two or three "characters" despite appearing as only one.

• a little muffled

Yeah, things like that are unfortunately still pretty common. English-speaking developers don't bother to test their software with non-English input.