If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Better Political Test

2»

Comments

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-09 16:37:06

You are a Social Democrat. 12 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 80 percent are more extremist than you.

Suffice to say any other decade I'd be about 30% further right on the communist/capitalist bit, but there was a bit of topical bias in the realm of "why we can't have nice things" as it directly relates to my age group personally getting screwed.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

You are a Social Democrat. 12 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 89 percent are more extremist than you.

244309_eng.jpg

I still think these suffer from having loaded questions. But given only 12 percent went my way, it might just be me.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-09 19:01:47

That's mostly a result of having a bazillion categories.  Their algorithm appears to class you as social democrat if you skew left on economy, slightly left on everything above it, and aren't too ludicrously far in either direction on the last two.

From what I can tell, the categories on this thread account for just under half their sample space, and they're mostly identical kinds of liberal in everything but scale.

• You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 15 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 67 percent are more extremist than you.

All Nines, ClockworkUniverse and Icalasari are now officially my homies.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

But you know what, this test kinda shows why I don't think of myself as right-winger. I'm just righty in comparison. That said, I'm using the phrase here as it is usually understood, as in personal definitions anything can happen.

• You can change. You can.

Did you guys get the results you thought you would? I thought I'd be more on the nationalistic, ecological and secular side than I was. For that matter, I thought we'd be closer to the ecological side.

that has more to do with the fact that a lot of the ecological questions involve thinking that verges into "Would you starve in order to save the animals" territory than our actual positions, in my opinion.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, here's the problem with the "ecological" thing being based in dichotomies like that.

What if I don't believe that those dichotomies exist, unless you completely suck at making policy decisions?  Granted, most people do suck at making policy decisions...

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

My high secular score makes sense since I added emphasis to the "can't have values without religion" question.

Dear gods and grebes, had I weighted any of my questions, I probably would have read as an anarcho-communist or something...

I'm not sure if I would mind that, to be honest. I like Kropotkin.

• edited 2013-04-12 13:12:39
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat . 15 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 24 percent are more extremist than you.

i r extremist

• You're pretty extreme, Nova.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

i r extremiest lol

• But you never had any to begin with.

extremists unite

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

the internationale unites the human race

i read that as:

the intersectionale unions the human race

• edited 2013-08-24 01:23:52
    Loser

Long Version:

You are a social democratic Cosmopolitan. 12 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 95 percent are more extremist than you.

political test long version

Short Version:

You are a Neo-Conservative. 3 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 91 percent are more extremist than you.

political test short version

I do not really understand what this stuff means, but whatever.

It probably means a lot less because trying to compress a huge number of issues with various nuances into a single set of labels necessarily loses some data.