If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

ITT: words I am tired of seeing

2»

Comments

• Yes, but that would be called prejudice/xenophobia/discrimination/bigotry by Tumblr logic. Racism/racist is a power word stronger than all the preceding, and by manipulating the definition so that it only applies to minorities within the modern nation-state structure(which, by means of colonization, was a popular white export product), you're in theory making white folks more aware of their baggage.

In practice, it leads to confusion, distaste and butthurt, but since callout culture operates on the logic that disagreeing is derailing and thus a validation of the struggle for equality, it's a win-win either way.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ Yeah, you never mail plates; you ship them.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Could you describe "That Girl" to me? I'm afraid I lack the background having not gone to school for many years.

Sure. In this case, That Girl refers to the chick who notices every teeny tiny potentially-problematic (or potentially-yaoi-ish, in the case of some of us) thing about a text and insists on bringing it up regardless of whether the author intended that interpretation or not. She also builds fan theories that make only the smallest amount of sense because she thinks novelty is the same thing as relevance and that every work she enjoys should reinforce her worldview rather than challenge it.

• Oh, that's interesting.

I guess i was That Guy, once upon a time (minus the yaoi). Possibly still am.

regardless of whether the author intended that interpretation or not.

Well, to be frank, the creator's intepretation of a work isn't necessarily the be-all-and-end-all; there are works whose alternate interpretations have had big societal impacts.

• Judging by her outlandish attire she's some sort of free-thinking anarchist

Indeed. Like I said, I still do it, but I'm not spoiling for a fight over every detail like I might have been when I was younger.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

"Voting against [one's] interest". First of all, it feels like it divides the voters into those who vote like we do, and those who would obviously vote like we do, but just don't know what's good for them and so need to be told. Second, it works only when we're clear on what exactly is "one's interest". Consider a gay businessman.  What is in his interest, to vote for the pro-gay option, or for pro-business? Even if there is the seemingly perfect option of some sort of progressive liberal, he might still prefer a different choice, and he certainly wouldn't vote for it if he felt it wrong.

"the wife"

such as "myself and the wife", or "two guys with the wives", etc.

Why "the" wife?  What about "my wife"?  Is "the wife" some sort of societal institution or someshit?  No, she's a human being, just like you, and you and she just happen to be married, that's all.