If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

There's No Good Way To Search For A Trope You Don't Know Exists

edited 2011-07-25 10:34:53 in General
I've noticed a trope, mostly occurring in American superhero comics. I'd propose YTTWing it, but I'd like to know if it exists. But because of the awkward way TVTropes is written, along with the obtuse titles we give tropes, I can't search for it.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    If you can still post, why not ask on the forums? Or here for that matter.
  • ^^ Well cause I know that those avenues exist, it's just that the fact they need to exist bugs me. I should be able to make an educated guess at a tropes title and be able to find it. I am going to tho...oh I will!

The trope in question, is when a character from his own series, gets absorbed into another. Kind of like the opposite of a spin off.
  • And another one:

A young person tries to show they are the shit by challenging the local martial arts master.

The young person attacks with everything they have.

The master is able to casually slide around, avoiding each attack.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Shouldn't people be able to point it out when you try to run it through YKTTW?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

For what it's worth, it was only when I tried asking on the forums that I was told to go to Lost and Found.

FYI: the place to ask questions about these things is Lost and Found.  If you think your trope hasn't yet been documented, you can also go to YKTTW.

That second trope seems similar to The Worf Effect.

For what it's worth, I totally agree that tropes are hard to search for if you don't know it has been documented or don't have a clue about its name.