If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: when something that might or might not have been a joke

edited 2013-05-07 23:34:07 in General
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

flies over my head.  I can't tell with certainty whether it was a joke or not and thus I can't figure out the proper social response to it.

Dangit, Poe's Revolving Door.  You're making me dizzy.

Comments

• Where's the context for this Glenn. I can't help but stop discussing this topic until I have received proper context about the situation.

• You know, that would have been a reasonable point if you'd composed your thread a little better. But you didn't, so... y'know. You're being a bit obtuse.
  • So it's only a good point in relation to how my threads are structured?

Good to know then.

• edited 2013-05-08 00:18:13

It wasn't about "your threads"; I haven't actually seen them enough to draw any conclusions.

Yes, I'm talking about the "A video got removed from youtube" thread.  I'm still not sure whether it was a joke or not and that's making me feel oblivious and dumb.  And that feel just bugs me.

aww, Yunica, why can you get away with being adorably oblivious and dumb

• No. What I'm saying is, you posted the thread as though the situation in question was a thing that actually happened-- a thing that you wanted to use to begin a dialogue on a certain topic. And when people asked for more information (so they could respond to the topic in a way conducive to discussion) you avoided the questions and acted like people should have known what you were talking about the whole time.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh Clocky was responding to you not me.  Oops.  Derp.

• Btw. Yes, it was a joke, though I don't fault you for not knowing it wasn't a joke, tone is a great indicator as whether or not someone is joking about something, and as tone is not very well defined in written text, any sort of remark that relies upon the viewer understanding the tone of the statement would inevitably be lost.

Also, off-topic for this thread, but I would've liked to see that hypothetical video.

What I'm saying is, you posted the thread as though the situation in question was a thing that actually happened

It did happen, I said to refer to another IJBM poster to learn of the specific video I had learned of this happening and people still couldn't just discuss the issue at hand rather than be hung up on semantics.

and even then I feel if I had be completely transparent, it probably would've been easily forgettable. /shrug.

• edited 2013-05-08 02:46:08

Sorry to continue making a fuss of this, but just curious, what was supposed to be the point of it?  Just a prank, or a criticism of people monetizing previously-public intellectual property?

• ^^You make no sense. And semantics have nothing to do with this. There wasn't even any text (or video, for that matter) to get into semantics over, because pshh. But, to be frank, this isn't even about your thread, or how you composed the OP.

It's just you not responding well to light criticism.
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I think Clocks was just confused by the criticism, more than anything.

• In the Updates thread, yeah, but here and in the actual thread, she's been nothing but snide for the last few comments. But it's whatever, I need to quit goofing off and finish drawing this page.
  • Wow imagine being pointlessly snide.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, I'm pretty sure there have been real instances of someone taking their video off youtube to monetize them, so it's an interesting point to ponder anyway.

• edited 2013-05-08 14:50:30

e: oh yeah, that's a waste of time.

• Truly, sarcasm is the epitome of wit.

• edited 2013-05-08 15:01:22

Shut up, Penis Addict

• Ugh, I'd make a proper retort, but typing is a chore with fistfuls of cocks in one's hands.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    HA

HA

BENIS

:D

D

D
  • Not for me. I'm a Juggle-OH!.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

fug :DDD

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!
    If any one here knows about multitasking with lots of penises nearby, its me.