If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Chainsaws as a non-improvised weapon.

edited 2013-03-31 19:23:47 in General
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It just gets to me. Chainsaws are actually incredibly inefficient weapons. They require fuel, are pretty heavy, and stuff that they aren't expressly made for cutting generally tend to fuck them up.

It's okay in most horror uses, like in Evil Dead or Army of Darkness where they're just working with what's on hand and the fact that they're loud and messy make them pretty scary. But when they use it as specialized weapons like Vampire The Masquerade's chainsaw duels or any video game where you have it all the while having twenty different more efficient weapons just annoys me.

Comments

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

All I know is that chainsaws are so much fun in GTA. And GTA would suck hard if it tried to care about realism.

• You can do what in Vampire?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It's a past time of the Sabbat, evidently.

• Funny how they initially tried to justify having a chainsaw on the signature gun in Gears of War by saying that regular bayonets literally just couldn't cut it when it came to the enemy aliens' ridiculously hard skin, but then they went and added in guns with regular bayonets anyways in Gears of Wars 3.

Anyways, what Milos said about realism, except for most video games.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I don't have anything to add except that I concur. I'd use a chainsaw if it was the best option available to me, but I'd take a fire axe or an improvised spear over one any day of the apocalypse. 

• But you never had any to begin with.

It's a past time of the Sabbat, evidently.

...But the Sabbat are insane anyway.

• I actually don't like chainsaws anymore.

• Poot dispenser here

Serious Sam has the chainsaw with the freakin' fuel-cell thing, so that's not a problem.

That chainsaw is explicitly said to stop working after a few months, though. :P

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

A chainsaw...with a fuel-cell?

Wouldn't that cause a big reduction in the scare factor? I mean, even a nuclear-powered chainsaw wouldn't be very loud, now would it?

Your first problem is taking Serious Sam seriously.

That is also your second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth problem.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Just slap on a speaker.

• I saw this thread and "Doom" entered my mind. The memories...

Speaking of: you know Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and the Forge which was sadly rejected due to a minority of hate letters? Zombies with chainsaws for hands where to be included... although I feel not even chainsaws might save the Heroes of Might and Magic zombies...

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Chainsaws/swords/fists are cool, that's pretty much it. But I am under no pretension that they're good weapons in real-life.

• edited 2013-04-01 11:33:57
    But you never had any to begin with.

[swords] are cool, that's pretty much it.But I am under no pretension that they're good weapons in real-life.

Incoming Alex in 3...

Even I can see the context here, y'know. :B

Chainfist is not a concept that makes sense, therefore, he must be referring to normal swords. :|

• >not killing people in Quake 3 with the chainsaw gauntlet

• Speaking of: you know Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and the Forge which was sadly rejected due to a minority of hate letters? Zombies with chainsaws for hands where to be included... although I feel not even chainsaws might save the Heroes of Might and Magic zombies...

I guess they would've just looked awkward. Heroes always looked far more low-tech than the "main" Might and Magic universe, at least that's what I hear.

Chainfist is not a concept that makes sense, therefore, he must be referring to normal swords. :|

Warhammer 40k has chainfists. :>

I stick to my original statement.

• What if Snikbub Wolverine had chainsaws instead of claws?

• Then he would cut himself to pieces as the teeth ripped his flesh apart faster than he could regenerate.

• Well, if your choice is between a chainsaw and a tube of lipstick...
  • Depends on how pretty you want to be in your obituary.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    False choice there Bastion.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yeah, my usual choice is between a chainsaw, fifty tubs of ice cream, a mother-in-law, and a lawyer.

• edited 2013-04-02 21:16:48
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

My usual choice is between Tinky-Winky, Richard Nixon and a jar of almonds.