If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Fast Eddie's communication with the moderators

Comments

• And it wouldn't have been easier to just say that, why?
  • Regarding scrye's ban chatlog: I became the leader of IJBM and nobody even had the decency to tell me?

OT: Most questions I've asked the mods have been answered with "I don't know" or "FE did it, so there is no way of knowing."
  • ack, heated discussion, must diffuse! 

Olivia munn with see-through panties! 

• And it wouldn't have been easier to just say that, why?

It isn't, but since I said "X and Y" are different, I decided to explain why.
  • That's a weird contest.
  • Phil is a weird guy. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "Very few of them do this, actually.  Usually they'll at least wait until a specific offense and then give an explicit reason for the ban so other people may avoid the same.  Then again, most other moderators have the goal of keeping their forums healthy, and Eddie seems to regard the TVT forums as more of an annoyance and grudging accommodation than a key part of the community."

Heh, Please Be A Giant Dick So We Can Ban You.

"IMO Scrye had his issues, but little more than anyone else on the forums, especially given his background.  He was a perspective a lot of us probably needed."

I'd disagree.  Most posters are pretty cool guys when not being assholes.  It's the asshole part that makes the big difference.

"This is because creative, humorous people are repulsed by assholes. I'd rather hang out with creative, humorous people. Wouldn't you?"

Well, I think Eddie fails to account for creative assholes, but more relevantly to his point, I think what he actually means is this:

1. Shitfests/dramafests take up valuable moderating time.
    2. Shitfests/dramafests are a bandwidth drain.
    3. Shitfests/dramafests aren't what the site is about, and can give the site a bad rap.

"and who was the longest staying troper banned recently?"

I know that BonSequitur was around for a while, but he mostly was active on IRC rather than posting on the forums, and his activity was also mostly limited to political philosophy threads, with occasional posts in electoral politics and rarely anywhere else.

"Yeah. I doubt Scrye cares that a few people think he's an asshole, but people(including some people I usually respect) ganging up on Chagen and feeding his insecurities and persecution complex is not something I'm fond of."

I don't get this either.  So, yeah, he has a record of being a conservative with a persecution complex, and he was also involved in that gigantic gender issues thread that I made.  So?  I honestly don't see what it is with people and badmouthing him or turning him into an "oh it's that guy again" topic.

If we're saying that he should be banned for his persecution complex behavior, well, let the moderators decide whether it's enough of a problem.

That said, as Funnyguts observes, he has calmed down a bit lately.

> This conversation is actually pissing me off more than usual. Going to go listen to Linkin Park until I feel better.
    > Linkin Park

wut

"EDIT: Fucking formatting, how does it work?"

You need to toy with the raw-HTML toggle button.  Get to where you need to be without it, then turn it on and type in your blockquote tags, then turn it back off and watch magic happen.
  • Oh wow, Khwarizimi, I'd nearly managed to forget Cosmetor. Much harder to forget AODtrix, though.
  • So glad I wasn't on the fora back then.
  • Dammit, all this fora history I don't know. :c
  • I'm interested in one of the earlier posts about betting on who gets banned next.
  • I mostly remember Cosmetor for getting us on fandom_wank.

I'm pretty sure the only reason DLC was never on there was because she's a minor.
  • We need a forum mythos page.

I have very, very little tolerance for Chagen and get the feeling I'm one of the people you're talking about who bullies him.
  • I don't think so.

You seem to have a short fuse at times, but I wouldn't say you were a bully towards anyone.
  • It seems like Fast Eddie has been more liberal with the Google bans lately. I thought they were supposed to be  reserved for stuff like big edit wars/obvious trolling etc.
  • >implying i'm not an obvious troll/attentionwhore
  • I don't think there are more arbitrary bans, but rather they now affect people we give a shit about, and are being paid much more attention with that of the deletion of IJBM. Nobody cried for, say, Drunk Samurai, Sloth Bait, rallyfan or shinfernape, or even Smokie's second ban, and their bans were much more arbitrary. Seriously, Scrye's ban perfectly deserved, the guy was a dick, consistently, and showed no interest in changing that.
    It does seem as Google bans seem to be the only bans being applied right now.
  • edited 2011-01-14 15:13:12
    Hey, I cared about rallyfan's ban. Or rather, I cared about his reason for a ban being a quote mined sentence.

I thought people did care about Smokie's ban, and begrudgingly seem to agree it was deserved.
  • I never knew Smokie.
  • I found rallyfan irritating, but the reason he was banned was frankly pretty shady.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    With rallyfan, I always assumed it to be the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Remind me, why was he banned again?

I do recall that he'd been warned about his behaviour more than once.
  • I remember him saying he was the rebel who didn't abide by the rules, which is apparently as good as breaking them.
  • Rallyfan was banned? I thought he flounced.
  • Nope, banned, IIRC.
  • Yeah, he was banned for saying that he was the rebel who refuses to follow the rules set by the moderators.  But then, I remember Bobby being incredibly exasperated by his antics long before that.
  • Wow, I didn't know so many people were just plain dicks.
  • I think a google ban's pretty harsh, especially considering what Scrye did, which was say that a certain segment of society can "eat a dick".  Besides, with regards to the subject ("Is America Imperialist?") he had more of a right to have strong feelings on the matter than nearly anyone else posting...considering he is currently on the sharp end of government policy. 

Short form.  He's about to go kick down doors and might get shot.  As a mod, even if I didn't agree with his viewpoints, I'd have cut him a little slack. 

His banning smells like a political decision, as well as an example being made.  Personally, I'm packing my bags, as well as staying out of heated debates in OTC and YF.  I have friends on the site I can't see anywhere else. Were it not for that, I'd have left already.
  • edited 2011-01-14 21:50:25
    (void)
    I think that the excessive emphasis on the straw that breaks the camel's back is counterproductive.

Scrye has shown a consistent pattern of excessive dickery.  He should have been banned before he was.