If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

New blog for reactionary rationalists

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

That explains more or less nothing.

• Poot dispenser here

So, prudishness and possible racism, or what?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^^ Actually, that's pretty dead on.

Think some weird hybrid of Rottweiler (before he mellowed out) and a cyberpunk-obsessed Randroid and you've got the gist.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Think some weird hybrid of Rottweiler (before he mellowed out) and a cyberpunk-obsessed Randroid and you've got the gist. 

You make it sound a lot scarier than I've always pictured it.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

It doesn't just sound kind of sad yet hilarious?

• They're somethin' else.

... Rotty mellowed out?

Good for him.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yeah, he's pretty chill now. Still snarky as all hell, but way less dogmatic and judgemental.

• I'm a damn twisted person

He's still snarky? So he just tries to be funny about his raging condescension now? 

• edited 2013-02-03 12:03:39
    They're somethin' else.

Glad to hear it. He still with... what's her name, that troper with the feminist blog?

Leigh, and yes.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^^ He's lost most of the condescension, really; mostly, he's just playful rather than smug. It's definitely a change for the better, although I'm not precisely sure what precipitated it. I have my theories, but it would be rude of me to speculate in an arena like this.

• They're somethin' else.

Yeah, this is drama importation, however slight. I'll edit my previous post :V

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yeah, I realised too late that my initial post was going to lead to this massive digression, and I somewhat regret it.

• >mfw we can all guess what was meant by "theories"

>mfw when I remember that they were both into p0ne

>mfw when there is no bleach in the house

>mfw when the top part of this post is going to be blanked anyway, but someone had to say it

Anyhow, now that's out of the way, are those blog bros also active outside of internet navelgazing? I'm sort of interested in their grassroots affiliations.

• Is it wrong that I actually remember watching that show?

• @InsanityAddict I don't know but I doubt it. They keep making statements about how the Nietzschean uber-bros of the patriarchy will sweep away all those feminists and progressives but never actually seem to talk about get-togethers or activism or running for office or any of that shit.

I really hate this schlocky pop-philosophy that's become popular recently.

Not that I know anything about philosophy, but I know crackpottery when I see it, and whenever the end-aim of your mission statement is basically "and zen we will RULE ZE WORLD!" you're doing something wrong. With your life in general, not just your philosophy talk.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yeah, if the words "will to power" feature into your basic philosophy, you may wish to rethink it vigorously...

• Apparently they are having trouble going through with this because the domain name "MoreRight" is taken and they won't change it.

• a little muffled
    What, with every single TLD? Surely moreright.xxx is available.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2013-05-02 05:06:17

-_-

• edited 2013-05-02 05:38:20
    a little muffled

Man, "Less Wrong" is actually a pretty good title for a blog. "More Right" is just...awful on every level.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Internet 101: Never trust a man with an 18th century avatar.

• question

This doubles up on what Zennistrad said a little bit, but I sort of have a question. For those people who can reasonably understand what this stuff (LessWrong, reactionary rationalists, philosophy in general) is saying, how did you learn how to figure it out?

I am not saying that I expect people to know all of the secrets of philosophy (if that is even possible) just that I am curious about how people got interested in philosophy and became skilled enough in it to sort through what some people would probably consider pretty opaque, esoteric stuff. Did you take a bunch of philosophy classes in high school or college or it is more about just having a knack for this kind of thing?

• http://www.moreright.net/against-moral-progress/ This is kind of impressive in it's inability to do things other than to argue by implication and innuendo.

I thought More Right would be openly terrible, which it is, but I didn't know it would be a distillation of the slimiest just-asking-questions-est parts of Less Wrong. 

• edited 2013-05-15 00:40:29
    (void)

"You know what I don't like about Eliezer Yudkowsky?  He's too anti-slavery!"

• Who actually thinks that?

• The person that Myrmidon linked.