If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You probably can't see the skeleton closest to the door, and the two at the back on the corners.

• Are all of them (the ones I see) armed with crossbows?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No; the skeleton with a crossbow is marked SC.

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, wait, whose turn is it?

• Right now? Probably Hobbes.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Um. Shit. I'll go when i get home from work.

Sorry T_T

• ... how are you moving and full attacking?

Fuck.

So...I guess just the first attack then. So...miss. :/

• And it's Rede's turn again.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Don't know what to do, as per usual.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I am confused as to when do I get a turn.

• Oh, man, sorry. I thought you'd already taken yours... luckily, there was no dramatic change in the battlefield, so you can pretty much do whatever you wanted to do anyway.

Don't know what to do, as per usual.

Don't know, got any buffs?

Resistance.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

this battle really dragged out.

A combination of slow posting and too many enemies. Numerous enemies might work better at higher levels, but are a pain now.

But that's what experimentation is for.

• Also, that door. That fucking door, man.

Learning experience!

Fucking around with low-level characters is painful. Throwing anything with the slightest bit too much power at them results in messy, messy death, and I've never mastered the art of figuring out what enemies make appropriate enemies at first and second level.

That's why I've made the first two levels an entirely seperate missions, with undead as a justification for weak and stupid enemies.

• edited 2012-12-01 12:51:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, the power level here is fine. The problem is that the door, while it does its intended job of providing a tactical consideration, means that we can more-or-less just fight one enemy per round. So instead of being one battle, it's really more like six battles (or however many skeletons there were).

Original intent was- well, I guess it's useless to talk about it.

The good thing about DM'ing a TRPG is that when I fuck up with tactics, I can change it, in the hopes of making the battle go faster.

So, rather than sending in one enemy at a time, I can limit your movement on the other side of the battlefield, which still slows it down a bit but the only other real alternative is just skipping to the end of the battle and saying "Okay you guys won and Hobbes took like three damage." Which would be a total cop-out.

It's still Rede's turn, right? I mean, there might not be much for her to do, but maybe there's something.

You guys can skip my turn. I'm busy with something very important atm.

So, that means it's Thevel's turn, right?

It's CU's turn, and I've nudged him on Steam. I think keeping track of two people's turns is throwing him off a bit.

Yeah :c

Sorry :c

Going now.

Well, that was a waste of a turn.

Is Djanain next? Is it okay if I ask for a quick map update again, just to be entirely sure what's happening? ._.; Because I feel like it's time to step into the action, but I wouldn't know where to go. :c

There. I think, unless CU or vandro tells me they moved elsewhere.

(Also, yes, Hobbes did suffer an attack of opportunity from the first skeleton; I resolved it on #ijbm, and it missed, so I didn't bother bringing it up in favour of just moving things along.)

• edited 2012-12-07 12:26:20
    Has friends besides tanks now

Thanks! Would the skeleton closest to the door be able to take an AoO at Djanain if the door shares the same corner as him and the skeleton?

You have to leave a threatened square to provoke an AoO. Hobbes provoked one because he entered the door's space- a threatened square- then left it to move on to the next square. I don't think you'd provoke one, if I understand you correctly and you want to move five feet to stand on the door's square.