If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Disney acquires Lucasfilm, Episode 7 has been greenlit

1235»

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I don't know anything about Star Wars, but Jedis are cool.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Oh I don't give a shit about the orders.

I just want a laser sword and magic powers and to go on heroic adventures.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    I do too. I just also want my boss to not be a complete tool.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

I just want a laser sword and magic powers and to go on heroic adventures.

This.

Also, I want to be like Obi-Wan when I'm an old man. 

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Lasers and magic and heroic adventures are all pretty bossin.

• I'll take being a member of the NJO as well, since I can own property and get married and don't have a really stupid and constricting code about my emotions. Plus, Kyle Katarn.

"I was a middle-ground Jedi before it was cool.  Also, GET OFF MY LAWN."

• Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!

@Legionnaire Is your choice of avatar trying to tell me something?

• Champion of the Whales

Jedis are pathetic without the force (except Mary Sue Katan)

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

That's kind of like saying Wizards are pathetic without spells, isn't it?

• Champion of the Whales

That's kind of like saying Wizards are pathetic without spells, isn't it?

Depends on whether wizards can be stripped of their magic

By the same token, it would depend on whether the Force can be stripped away. Having the Force be some kind of exterior, measurable power seems counter to the themes of Star Wars to me, and reeks of EU shenanigans. Because the ultimate role of the Force, originally, was not meant to express raw power, but to express internal empowerment through understanding.

Yeah, saying the Jedi are pathetic without the force, is kind of like saying humans are pathetic without existence. 

and if someone brings up the Uzhan Vong I will shank them.

• Champion of the Whales

Yeah, saying the Jedi are pathetic without the force, is kind of like saying humans are pathetic without existence.

Not really, its an interesting point about dependency of the force

Not really. Jedi don't have mana or something like that, their powers come from a natural understanding of the universe around them. It's not like a mutant power that you can just put a collar on and turn off.

The point is that, in Star Wars, all living beings have a dependency on the Force. It's just that the Jedi have a gift with it, and understanding that allows them to manipulate it. The Force isn't some kind of discriminate, mindful being that only works for Jedi; it merely exists, and all manner of "mundane" circumstance could be attributed to it. 

• +1 for the Thrawn trilogy adaptation.

• edited 2012-11-05 16:42:04

Jedi are nothing without the force is true in the same sense that say... Green Lanterns are nothing without power rings, or Koji Kabuto is nothing without Mazinger Z, no?

• KotOR 2 you guys. KotOR 2.

Particularly with the restored ending, but even without it, KotOR 2.

• ^^ See, something like that would be cool for a parody, but...it doesn't make me too hopeful for the real thing.

• Kill them! KILL THEM ALL!

Would anyone prefer to see Star Wars movies from the Old Republic Era? 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

We have ;P

Good ones might be interesting.

That's one option, but I'm afraid of it being the same old. The Star Wars EU suffers from a common cyclical effect that often arises from creative content based on existing content; rather than give the audience something new, they often repeat the well-established patterns with new names attached and a host of superficial differences. The Old Republic era is a fantastic example, because despite being set thousands of years before the original films, we're still dealing with the good republic against the evil empire.

What I'd like to see is a "current era" Star Wars film, including all the grime and spit and gum that made the aesthetic of the original films so endearing, essentially made as an adaptation of Seven Samurai. Not all the "samurai" have to be Jedi, either; I think it'd be enough to have one Jedi and another Force-sensitive character to bounce off one-another, with the other "samurai" being other forms of combat professionals. Perhaps an ex-Stormtrooper, a Rebel veteran, and a smuggler. Seven "samurai" is probably too many, with five distinct characters being plenty. 

It could happen during the reformation proper of the Republic, before their military and police forces have had enough time to properly extend their control over former Empire territories, leaving them vulnerable and without aid. But it might just be enough time for Luke Skywalker to take on a few students and have one on long-distance missions, with the instruction to report back rather than get involved themselves -- which, of course, can go horribly wrong, trapping the student Jedi in the same situation as the vulnerable colony/space station/whatever.