If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Film Critic Hulk just dropped a monstrous article on his time with Rian Johnson at Comic-Con.

i have no idea how managed to get a writing plug with Entertainment Weekly, but's a good read, from the little of it that I've managed to penetrate.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Hey, it's Wicked.

Hi, Wicked. 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

oh hey it's that guy with the face and stuff

I am Spain Sun.

But moreso. 

le deadmeme

le

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes, he very likely knows that.

Let me have my fun.

....anyone? No? Okay. 

• Goddamnit you bastards, stop making stuff for the thing and making me play it more.

And by "stop" I mean "proceed".

Oh man, same. Just when I get back into it, they add a patch that lets me play my favorite class again, and now this.

• Finally got around to watching The Avengers. It's been a while since I had that much fun watching a movie. I pretty much had a grin plastered on my face the entire movie.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

plus une deadpool?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> utilizer Français en memes

> knowyourmeme.com "+1 deadpool"

sorry if my french sucks

• You can change. You can.

Finally in Canada after the longest trip in my life. 

• Huh, I'm 26 now. 

Finally in Canada after the longest trip in my life.

Welcome to North America! glad you made it in one piece.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

26? Whoa, I didn't think you were so old.

• Me either. :B

So far my celebration consists of opening up the six MTG packs I won at the prerelease last weekend. Got a Loxodon Smiter and an Angel of Serenity, so a pretty good haul.

• You can change. You can.

Happy birthday, Havomination.

Welcome to North America! glad you made it in one piece.

had to murder, main, blackmail, steal, hump and glare my way in, but it was worth it

now to pursue the canadian dream

• Thanks!

had to murder, main, blackmail, steal, hump and glare my way in, but it was worth it

As Canadians are known for.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    >Be frustrated because of how boring my dreams are (I always dream things like going t school or the mart)
    >Decide to play Yume Nikki for inspiration
    >Tonight I dream I'm playing Yume Nikki
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Bahahahaha. :D

I always have strange dreams, although that doesn't mean they're always entertaining. Often, they're in this strange place between a regular dream and a nightmare; just they're "off" enough to be unsettling variations of what I know to be reality. But they're not scary or frightening in the traditional sense. It's like looking at the world through the lens of abstract cinema gone high drama, where my life is the central plot and the people I know are all caricatured alterations of themselves. But sometimes they're startlingly accurate, too, breaking the sense of abstraction and unreality. 

Not that I dream particularly often. But when I do, waking up is often a relief. 

GOOD JOB, NOHAN.

Have you played Yume 2kki and dotFlow?

If you have already, have you also checked out The LSD Dream Emulator and Neftelia

I'd also recommend Answered Prayers for putting a unique spin on that particular genre, though said spin does not become immediately obvious. But be aware it's still a Beta, a lot of the game's unfinished. 

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I've played Yume 2kki and Lcd Dem, I'm thinking of trying .flow or Me next.
    I'm also interested on LSD Dream Emulator, but I don't have a PSOne and I doubt an emulatlr would work in my laptop

Well I don't know about an emulatlr, but an emulator would probably work fine. :B

PSOne ems are surprisingly low-stress, even my crappy red laptop could handle them smoothly. 

I'd recommend .flow definitely, it's miles ahead of LcD DeM (which I honestly think is probably the worst well-known fangame, tie between that and Yume Nisshi). After that, check out Answered Prayers.

Neftelia is worth it if you can get it to work, it's famously esoteric to set up, and it's interesting in that it doesn't have the "dream" premise (or indeed, any premise). If you can't get it to work, Mike Mnemonic LPed it before he turned into a raving ball of ranting about bronies and PewDiePie.

I've not heard of Me, what's that? 

• edited 2012-10-06 07:27:11
    Kichigai birthday!!
    A fangame made by an Uboachan user, apparently it is quite big and with lots of content, but many people criticize it because it seems it tries too hard to be .flow.
    Also yeah, I was pretty disappointed in Lcd Dem, it felt empty, but not in a good way.
  • edited 2012-10-06 07:35:40
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I was more disappointed by the "twist ending". Which made zero sense and lacked any even symbolic foreshadowing.

Don't bother with Nisshi, either. It has a different variant of the same issue. I also wouldn't bother with ^SICKMIND^, Hallucigenia, or any of the other tier-2 fangames save Answered Prayers. They're largely unremarkable.

There is a fairly interesting one that seems to have a ghost or living shadow as the main character (it's not Amnesia, it's a very different looking ghost), but that seems to have disappeared.

Oh, Dream Journal 2: Electric Boogaloo had a lot of promise too, for being a funny version of the premise, but I don't know if that ever got anywhere, and whether or not it lived up to that promise if it did.

Hey Ninjaclown. Movie for you to watch.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^ Yeah, I wasn't really interested in any of those fangames reading about them on the wiki. I guess I'll stick to 2kki updates.

I wonder if Kikiyama is still working on the original, he said it was unfinished and there would be more updates but that was back in 2008

She.

I think the last contact from Kikiyama was sometime in like 2010, she's probably moved on to other stuff by now.