If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Do kids actually watch Adventure Time?

edited 2012-06-19 16:20:06 in Media

It's hard to imagine. I figure most of them would be too creeped out by it.

Comments

• Clearly they do and no why would they be creeped out by it?

• My little brother absolutely loves the show. If anything, being creepy sometimes is why he loves it.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Not really seeing Adventure Time as creepy most of the time. Too bright an energetic really. Not that there aren't some creepy episodes like the time Finn broke his legs and Jake went crazy while all the candy people disappeared. Or the Ice King's backstory. Or the candy zombie apocalypse. Or Goliad deciding to mind control everybody.
  • Are you joking? Kids love creepy. They're addicted to it.
  • ^ Well I watched Invader Zim as a kid, but what I've seen of Adventure Time is just bizarre.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    You never had make believe adventures with other kids where all of you would run around and just go wild and let your imaginations throw any cool idea you had out into play, did you? I ask, because Adventure Time captures the spirit of that kind of play perfectly.
  • Eh.  I can appreciate the writing now, but the art would've just creeped me out too much to pay attention as a kid.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Those stories would not hapen in a surreal art style for sure.

• My brother and sister love it and they're 9 and 4, respectively.

To say nothing of me having liked it since I was 12 but I guess that doesn't count.

• edited 2012-06-20 15:57:21

Sounds like somebody never watched Billy and Mandy as a kid.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Oh, I loved that cartoon.

Sounds like somebody never watched Billy and Mandy as a kid.

Who missed this funny spectacle?

• Time for a Grim Adventures derail?

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-06-20 17:00:05
    Here, There, Everywhere

One of my friends watches Adventure Time! with his diminutive younger brother, who apparently loves it.

I am similarly enthused about the show, but mental age doesn't count here.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I remember Billy and Mandy. Apparently they made all sorts of D&D references that went over my head at the time, and that have now earned my respect.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Also, Nergal. I got that one.

Nergal was fucking awesome.

• Ah, man. The one of the most memorable episodes for me was the one with the singing giant space brain.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Brains, brains, it's okay...

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    My reaction to Billy and Mandy as a kid alternated between "oh God what" and "that's kinda funny", though at that age anything that wasn't Dragonball Z or Naruto was just window dressing. I'm pretty sure that I would like that show more if I watched it now.
  • edited 2012-08-17 19:14:24

Alright, so kids like Adventure Time. I can see why now.

Now onto the more pressing question: do kids actually watch Regular Show?

• They're somethin' else.

My friend works at a boys and girls club. This group of 6th is completely obsessed with both the Regular Show and Adventure Time, and they more or less introduced my friend into the mad mad world of shipping.

You think I'm shitting you. I am not.

• Those same siblings I mentioned earlier also enjoy Regular Show. Heck, on my suggestion they named their pet frogs Mordecai and Rigby.

Also I found out about it when I was 11 and I'm still a rabid fan now. Only show that might be piquing my interest more nowadays is Gravity Falls but I think that's more because of its relative newness.
  • just gonna pop in to say how much I miss Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

• You can change. You can.

man i miss watching cartoons

the last cartoon i finished was korra and that was horrible. 

• They're somethin' else.

It was good, until the shipping shit took over and the badguy like, lost his shit n shit.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^What about Avengers.

Also, I think there's stuff in Gravity Falls you'd enjoy, specifically the Twin Peaks inspiration.

• @Waltzy: I agree. As much as I like newer stuff nowadays, Foster's will probably always be my favorite cartoon to ever exist ever.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I never saw Fosters. It seemed to air exactly at that point when I didn't have cable.

Maybe netflix has it.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

there are very few cartoon network shows available for streaming, FYI