If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Do kids actually watch Adventure Time?

2»

Comments

• You can change. You can.

^^What about Avengers.

Hrrn. I actually don't remember what I finished first. Maybe it was Avengers? Even then, Avengers was during its relatively weak period because lol Loeb.

I'd watch Gravity Falls were I not a very lazy bum who's lazy.

• I liked Korra, even though the pacing was kind of rushed and I prefer its predecessor.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Pretty much all of Korra's problems can be explained by the much shorter length and having only two writers.

• You can change. You can.

Two really bad writers at that. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

As someone who doesn't watch Avatar, the reactions to Korra were interesting. At first, everyone was fangasming out, but the reactions changed, slowly but surely, as the series went onwards. Usually, I don't take pleasure in expectations being crushed like that, but this time, it was just kind of cathartic in a "told you so" kind of way. 

By all accounts, it appears like the original series ought to have been the extent of the series. While Korra apparently isn't nearly as bad as the film, the fact that nothing but the original series has been exceptional implies to me that Avatar has quickly become a victim of Star Wars syndrome. This is the point at which a franchise is probably best left completely alone for a while until the original creators can come back with fresh experience and new ideas. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

By all accounts, it appears like the original series ought to have been the extent of the series.

The weird thing is, the original series ends on a sequel hook...and I haven't watched Korra, but from what I've heard, it's not the sequel series the original series implied was going to happen.

• Said sequel manifested as the comic book series Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, which I have yet to read.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ah, okay. Good to know.

• Said sequel pretty much tried to shoehorn every "defining moment" the characters experienced into the story again, despite the fact that said "defining moment" had changed them tremendously, and I personally felt there was an air of insincerity to it all, that all the beats rang out false.