If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Juan: it's a no go?

The neighbor's puppies are really yappy right now and he just keeps making wolf noises at them. It's very weird.

• edited 2012-06-29 18:20:36
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

Yeah, Haven, bad puns are pretty much a No Go-area.

God, I'm such a fucking tool.

Great and I get ninja'd by the same crap.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Three minutes to the conceeeeerrrrt!
  • Just as planned.

^ Have fun!

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

The TVTropes starts here, if you're wondering.

It was a problem with PYF the mock threads in general that the people doing the mocking ended up being as bad as the mockees. It's been brewing since the Reddit thread, really.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Also, I just decided to check out Draven and 

what the fuck how did I not notice when I was on here that he was an anime pedophile jesus christ

• a little muffled

Because he was here for like, a day.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:26:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

how did I not notice when I was on here that he was an anime pedophile

Because he was probably here for less than a day.

I hate getting ninja'd.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:26:36

Yeah, IJBM doesn't exactly keep around known pedophiles. Nice job with that, INUH.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Alice Cooper put on an amazing show of course. Even got beheaded. He didn't do the Gaga cover but School's Out transitioned to Pink Floyd which was fucking awesome.

Also his live version of Black Widow sounded better to me.
  • edited 2012-06-29 19:29:20
    You can change. You can.

the romanov person?

Just to be clear, I believe the anus thread was of more use and general interest, and was much less disturbing. This is how I feel about your mock threads. I prefer goatse.

guys

i think i'm in love with an internet person

• edited 2012-06-29 19:31:36
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Yeah, IJBM doesn't exactly keep around known pedophiles. Nice job with that, INUH

But your ban reasons for him are about him importing drama and not about him being a pedophile 

i think i'm in love with an internet person

The funny part about that is that he sought out mod permission and everything to make the thread, and then the mods gassed the thread because when they approved it they didn't think he was being serious.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Malk:That is awesome and I have the jealous.

how did I not notice when I was on here that he was an anime pedophile

he wasn't even an anime pedophile

he wanted to do actual little girls, not just look at drawings

just

an honest to god actual pedophile
  • JHMJHM
    edited 2012-06-29 19:31:22
    Here, There, Everywhere

Cease To Hope got the SA thread nuked? My love for him can only grow now.

The concept of Alice Cooper covering Lady Gaga is at once a strange and unsurprising one.

Also, Forzare is correct. Draven was the real deal.

• How is being an open pedophile not importing drama?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

He imported drama by going "hey, I'm really pissed that TV Tropes banned me for being a pedophile, which I totally am."

Had it been something milder, it probably would have been a warning or tempban.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:32:19

^^ I think "importing drama" means attracting drama from other sites (i.e. bringing in arguments that originated elsewhere, etc.), not just doing/saying things that cause drama.

• You can change. You can.

Ugh, this is one of those morality debates I'm really not interested in discussing right now, but whatever. All that matters is that I agree with INUH's decision to ban him as well as his reasoning for it.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:34:57
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/profile/967/TheDarkEricDraven

No mention of pedophilia in the ban reason.

He imported drama by going "hey, I'm really pissed that TV Tropes banned me for being a pedophile, which I totally am."

That's fair enough.

this is one of those morality debates I'm really not interested in discussing right now

Here, let me help.

pedophilia = bad

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-29 19:35:58

Draven is more than that... or so he says. He was apparently a Dark-Elf Deku Scrub(yes, from Zelda) who thinks a girl in his math class was his "lover"(read: Sex slave. When he fought in the Sino-Japanese War. I don't know either.) and wants to be reunited with her.

He also thinks his pedophilia is a character trait. 

• a little muffled

@CountryPumpkin: Because "being a pedophile" isn't against the rules.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:37:17

See, if someone made a heartfelt confession about how they were a pedophile and needed to see a therapist about it or something like that, I don't think I'd ban for it. It's his attitude about his issues that actually caused problems.

The thing he did to break the rules was starting/importing shitty drama. That the drama was about his pedophilia made it a million times worse.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:37:56
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The pedophilia itself wasn't so bad as his attitude towards said condition.

I continue to be of the opinion that we shouldn't necessarily attack someone for being a pedophile. It's a mental illness. If their reaction to it is something like "oh god what's wrong with me why do I feel this way" that's one thing. They can get help and they probably won't actually hurt anybody.

Draven on the other hand just sat there screaming to the heavens "GEE IT SURE WOULD BE NICE IF IT WOULD BE LEGAL TO FUCK LITTLE GIRLS. DON'T WORRY I'VE GOT IT UNDER CONTROL. ALSO I SEE PEOPLE AS FICTIONAL CHARACTERS AND CALL LITTLE GIRLS LOLIS. WHY IS EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME????" That attitude is horrible, and it just contributes to shitstorms every time the dude opens his mouth. Like Chagen.

Not to mention it's very very unsettling.

But also this is an argument I've had like a million times and I don't feel like having it again?

(inb4 someone labels me a pedo apologist)

edit: inuh, y u ninja me to say basically the same thing with less words
  • edited 2012-06-29 19:41:24

And another thing: don't assume ban reasons are necessarily inclusive of everything the person has done wrong. For example, IIRC, he tried to do the "I'll get therapy if you don't ban me" bargaining thing, which is also a bannable offense.

If someone really, really needs to get gone, the ban reason is generally the easiest thing to point to in the rules.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:42:02

Now I've just found the actual thread and apparently I did post there.

Geez, I'm a jerk.

e: Of course, why would you even want to preserve the NSFW tropes from TVTropes anyway?

• JHMJHM
    edited 2012-06-29 19:43:22
    Here, There, Everywhere

All around, Draven is/was pretty deplorable, and even completely disregarding his, err, dispositions, it seems that he would have been banned for crappy, divisive behaviour anyway.

^ Because... I don't want to go there.

• edited 2012-06-29 19:44:24
    You can change. You can.

pedophilia = bad

Oh man. Goon morality is never not hilarious.

Here, let me explain how this works:

Yes, pedophilia is a problematic attraction, to put it as softly as I could. Yes, being attracted and willing to have sex with kids is awful, too. 

But treating someone with a mental disease (Because let's face it, that's pretty much what it is) with contempt and outright hatred is still wrong.

When someone commits such a crime as raping a kid, then it's alright to shun them into prison and punish them for commiting a crime. When somene's outspoken about pedophilia as if it was a good thing, then it's excellent to call them out on it, as much as I'd call out anyone who said something like "Having MPD would be so cool, man" or whatever. But I'm not gonna fall out on calling someone with a mental disease a bad person yet just because they're sick in the head and not because they have comitted a crime.

If that means I'm a horrible person with a sick standard according to you, so be it. But if treating people like people is a sick standard, then...well. *shrug*

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Here, let me help.

pedophilia = bad

I'll bite this bullet. 

Paedophilia is no doubt a negative aspect of any person afflicted with it, but I daresay it's not a choice. Some people find themselves sexually attracted to young children, and while that's not quite "okay", it's not damning as long as they don't act on it and seek ways within their means to suppress or eliminate the condition. 

I don't think anyone deserves to be treated like a leper, and that includes paedophiles. I also expect such people to do everything within their power to fix their situation. This is by no means an easy situation or a simple scenario, so I don't think it can be narrowed down to a black and white dichotomy. The only thing I know for sure is that everyone deserves an opportunity for improvement and redemption.

As for Draven, it's clear that he's a severely troubled and psychologically fractured person. I hope he recovers one day, for his own good and the good of those around him. This kind of scenario reflects on the social scenario presented by TV Tropes; it allowed him to engage in his fantasies without criticism or reality check, which has probably set him back psychologically a fair distance. 

But pedophilia is bad. Like, that's inarguable. I mean I agree that there are varying degrees and that someone seeking help is less deplorable that someone trying to rape kids and all that jazz, but at the end of the day, pedophilia is a Bad Thing that should be treated because It Is Bad.

• a little muffled

Nobody is saying otherwise.

But that doesn't mean you should treat people badly, especially if they understand that it is indeed a bad thing.