If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Going Out and Seeing the World

2»

Comments

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Why do people want to go to England but not to the rest of the UK? oO

Actually, I'd rather go to Scotland or Ireland (not UK, I know). England would still be good, though.

• a little muffled

I've never left Canada. Especially annoying as my parents travel all the time and constantly are all, "one day I should take you to [place I just went]" and I'm like "nothing's stopping you man".

Countries I want to visit: All of them.

More specifically: Sweden, England, Scotland, Japan, Australia, maybe China, honestly I'd love to visit pretty much any country at this point though, even the States.

• edited 2012-05-04 16:12:30
    You can change. You can.

nobody wants to visit colombia :<

even after the secret service thing illustrated that hookers are errywhere as long as your foreign

:<

ETA: England attracts me more than Ireland and Scotland because...well, pop culture, I guess.

• edited 2012-05-04 17:39:23
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Oh, if any of you would ever think of going to Serbia, I could manage to find you some free accommodation or even let you stay at my place. So remember me if you ever plan to go there.

• edited 2012-05-04 17:52:32

nobody wants to visit colombia :<

I would, though that probably has more to do with ease of travel and cheaper stuffs than anything.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Dude...

ELN

cartel

coke

• You can change. You can.

Guerrilla groups and Carteles are nowhere near as big as they were in the late 90s/early 00s. 

Granted, there's still violence, but still

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Mexico has it worse, from what I hear, and a bunch of people in the thread have been there.

Meh, I probably shouldn't be the one to judge, since

huligan

genocide

Niko

I was joking.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I can't believe how many people here want to go to Japan. Dudes

I was joking.

I know, but I still feel like it was worth pointing out, man. People still think Colombia is this gigantic drug hole with no progress. 

• edited 2012-05-04 18:30:11
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Western culture tends to paint Japan as a great place

I know it isn't as great as some say, but at the same time I would love to visit the areas outside of the big cities

Juan: Your sarcasm and hatred would be lethal to all non Columbians, though. It's a health risk

Milos: I'll keep that in mind

Juan: Your sarcasm and hatred would be lethal to all non Columbians, though. It's a health risk

why do british columbians have juan immunity

• No rainbow star
    ^ Well, they'd be unstoppable if they had more than one immunity

...I'll grab my jacket
  • No offense, Juan: but your nation is tropical and I don't want any of that shit any more.

that is perfectly fair.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'd go to Colombia, as I hear the South American metal scene is pretty awesome and exotic ladies hurrah. However I would be sure to carry a flamethrower at all times, because mosquitoes. 

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

However I would be sure to carry a flamethrower at all times, because mosquitoes.

I was about to ask you why you don't always carry a flamethrower over here, in Australia of all places. But then I realised... who says you don't?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

We don't get tropical population level mosquitoes here, though. A can of deo and a lighter work just fine.  

• edited 2012-05-05 09:30:03
    You can change. You can.

I can say that mosquitoes stop being a thing if you go to high enough altitudes, and considering that you're going in to check the metal scene, then it's most likely that youre going to end up in Bogota or something (Which is at 2,625 metres (8,612 ft) above sea level)

That made me check out what Bogota's climate is like. It's way colder than I expected, and appears to be staying in a perfectly comfortable range across the whole year, without cold winters or hot summers. Sounds extremely pleasant.

Yeah, it's pretty cool there. Me being someone who's always lived in Barranquilla and the atlantic zone of the country, however, always feel incredibly cold and shaky there, but I actually enjoy it because I just fucking hate heat, man. 

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I live in the United States, and have only ever traveled to Canada and the Bahamas.

I need to travel more.

• Nohaynicklibre - So we should avoid Japan, because it's inhabited by particularly badass Elvis fans?

Juan - The public perception of Colombia is a bit unfair, but basically Colombian drug dealers were the go-to bad guys in the 80s and 90s. Every damn action film or cop show had some, and I think that people also associated it mentally with bad stuff going on in other South American countries at the time (e.g. Peru). It'll take a long time for that image to fade completely. 

• edited 2012-05-05 11:41:34

For whatever it's worth, I haven't heard horror stories about guerrilla kidnappings and stuff going on at the border since a long time ago.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Nowadays, the whole "evil Southern drug dealers" image has moved from Colombia to Mexico.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

My newspaper left me with the impression that the Colombian president is Crazy Awesome borderline-caudillo. Also, I just added that one more.

Uribe has authorized some risky military operations, but that's about it. And they were kinda illegal.