If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Going Out and Seeing the World

edited 2012-05-03 07:57:35 in General
A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

EDIT: I have made a table that summarises the data collected in this thread. I will do my best to keep it up-to-date, but I am just one man.

Basically, this is a thread where we talk about which countries we have visited, and which countries we want to visit, at some point in our lives.

I'll start off. Countries I have been to include, sorted by date of first visit: Australia (obviously), the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, France, Norway, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, Germany, Switzerland and Spain. (Although I've never spent a full day in Singapore, Thailand or the UAE, nor have I ever spent a full hour in Germany.) Countries I want to visit at some point include, in alphabetical order: Brazil, Canada, China (both of them), Finland, India, Israel, Japan, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, the United States and Vietnam.

Comments

• I've never been out of the USA.  That said, I'm going to Paris for a week, from the 21st to the 28th, as part of a school trip.

I would love to travel the world, really.  I'm a photographer, its kind of a prerequisite desire.

• Vietnam

Yay, somebody wants to go and visit my country! :D

On topic, I spent much time in New Zealand, since I went there for high school. Really nice place, and the scenery was gorgeous.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

I visited the Czech Republic with a school class for a few days. Other than that, I never saw another country and probably won't in the near future.

Still, I'd like to visit other countries some time. At the moment, I'd be most interested in Finland, France, Canada, pretty much everwhere where I can see remains of Aztec and Incan civilization, Japan and China. Only the first two seem at least somewhat realistic, though, being in Europe and all.

• edited 2012-05-03 04:08:45

I would go to German if given the chance due to having an inexplicable love for the German language and literature.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

German: the language in which even "Merry Christmas" sounds like an order of execution. :)

Oh, and chances are I'll have one more country visited soon. So far it's like five, passing through doesn't count.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

↑ Ah, that reminds me — add Poland to my list.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

South Africa

People know the place I live in exists!

As for places I'd like to visit... China, the Czech Republic, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Switzerland and Japan.

• First of all, I have obviously been in Denmark. I have been on holidays in Norway, Sweeden and Germany which shouldn't be too surprising since all those countries are really close. In addition to that I have been on holiday in the UK, the Czech Republic and I have been a week to France with my high-school class back in the day. Right now I have been living in Japan for about 10 months, though I'll be returning home soon.

I have also spend a few hours at Austrian and Chinese airports, but I don't really think that counts.

In the future, if possible, I would love to go to China, Russia, the US, India, Italy, Greece, Austria, Iceland, Greenland (a part of Denmark in a manner of speaking), Egypt, Brazil and probably quite a few more places. Realistically all of them are very unlikely to happen. :p

• The U.S., the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, and Ireland(year abroad). However, if I visit other countries in the future, I want to do it in another way or for another purpose than simply going on a vacation there: it feels a tad useless. Teaching abroad might be doable.

• I've been to America, England, Belgium, France, and lived extensively in Shanghai and Singapore.

I'd like to tour Europe again one day, go to Australia, and see some other things. 

• edited 2012-05-03 08:03:04
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Ugh. I was ready to put a really nice-looking table in the OP, but that would have made it way too long...

Oh, heck. I'll put it on my Dropbox and link to it in the OP. You guys should probably look over it and tell me if it's correct or not.

• edited 2012-05-03 09:54:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Outside the US, I've been to...

• Germany

• Switzerland

• Austria

• Italy

• France

• England

Places I want to visit...hmm...there are a lot of them :/ 

I'll type them out later.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-03 10:03:28

I've been to Mexico and Jamaica before. I'd like to visit Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom and possibly Japan, though that last bit is more about learning about learning about certain historical aspects than the typical "weeaboo pilgrimage."

• You can change. You can.

I've been to US, Chile, Argentina and almost every city in Colombia. That's about it.

I want to go to Canada, England, Germany and Egypt.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

US and Canada. That's about it. =| It was always kind of embarrassing in college when all my (much richer) friends talked about where they'd been around the world.

In any case, I'd love to go to England, France, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, Italy, China, Japan, Cuba, Venezuela, and probably more places if I ever got the chance.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I suppose Canada, Ireland and Japan are three countries I'd like to visit. I'll probably think of more later.

• Champion of the Whales

Why do people want to go to England but not to the rest of the UK? oO

I've been to Spain (twice), Portugal, USA (twice) and France. I guess I want to go to Germany, the Low Countries, Canada and Austria.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've briefly been to Mexico and the Bahamas (we went on a cruise seven or eight years ago, and spent a day or two in each), and I'm going to London for three months this August for school.

I live in America.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I was born in India, and live in America. Most of my family is still in India, though it's been a while since I last visited.

• edited 2012-05-03 11:45:06
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

In this order: Montenegro (although it still wasn't independent when I visited it, so I don't know if it counts), Bulgaria, Macedonia (only passing through by car), Greece, Romania.

I haven't been outside of the Balkan Peninsula, unfortunately.

• edited 2012-05-03 11:41:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Incidentally, for those wanting to visit Italy, I strongly suggest starting your stay in the small town of Bellagio. Best place on the planet to recover from jet lag.

• I'm a damn twisted person

I've live in the US(although living in Phoenix and Milwaukee have both been very different experiences), briefly been in Canada and Mexico on vacations and went to Germany for a month on a school trip. I wouldn't mind going back to Germany and hitting up some other countries in the EU, but I dunno, time and commitments and stuff. Maybe Japan and China if I could find a way to plot out the most efficient way to look at the architectural sites.

• I've visited France, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Belgium and Sweden. Also Monaco, if you count that as a separate country.

I keep telling myself I'll visit the US one day.

• I'd like to visit Battleship Island off the coast of Japan, if only for the potential for a look at a possible post-appocalyptic environment. The closest thing we have to that where I live is Centralia, PA, though the possible carbon monoxide poisoning that results wouldn't be pleasant.

• Kichigai birthday!!

I've only been in Italy and Andorra.

I want to visit a fuckton of countries

• edited 2012-05-03 12:57:17
    Definitely not gay.

I've been to Australia.

You do not wanna be in Australia.

I went to Singapore on the way there and the Phillippines on the way back though

My parents went to Mexico when I was still 4. Can't remember much about it

• I've been to Venezuela (naturally) and the US. Would like to visit France, Canada, Japan, China, and...

I would go to German if given the chance due to having an inexplicable love for the German language

• No rainbow star
    I live in Canada (Alberta, specifically. I've visited BC, Saskatchewan, and Nova Scotia)

I've been to the states (Hawaii and Utah, specifically)

I want to go to Japan, Scotland, Australia, South America (Likely Brazil for a specific country), and England, not necessarily in that order
  • A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Updated the table. It has now surpassed 40 kilobytes in size, apparently.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

You guys are all so lucky. I've never even been outside Australia.