If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

April Fool's Day

edited 2012-04-01 06:22:06 in General

I hate it.

Comments

• edited 2012-04-01 10:58:59
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I use Unfriend Finder, which is a greasemonkey script for finding people that have defreinded you on Facebook. It almost gave me a heart attack because it said that four of my friends had defriended me, including my girlfriend. APRIL FOOLS, THEY DIDN'T REALLY DEFRIEND YOU! hahahaha fuck you

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^ Well, that's fucking mean.

• No rainbow star
    I like April Fool's Day myself

It's neat seeing all the different pranks pulled :D
  • I like seeing all the creative April Fool's jokes websites come up with.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It bothers me, for April First is not fool's day here and I still have to suck up that most sites I go to make a lame joke.

• Happy birthday Kasane Teto~

and that's the extent of my fucks given for April Fools day. XD

Although one time I called my anime-loving friend and told her Liam O'Brien died.

• No rainbow star
    XKCD went all out

The comic changes based on location, browser, time, and even size of the window
  • So far I've only gotten two: the nanobot-Lincoln one for Firefox, and the bright circle for everything else.

• I got the flipped turtle test one, and the non-stop snake one (I don't get it).

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Change your browser window size.

• edited 2012-04-01 15:20:34
    a little muffled

I've only managed to get the Toronto earthquake one. I'm assuming that it varies based on location, but exactly how I don't know. Or maybe it only happens in Toronto? I'm not sure how this works.

Edit: In Chrome I see the northern lights one. That one I'd seen someone else post a screenshot of, and there version was different. (Referencing the characters being in the US vs being in Canada for mine.) So I'm guessing there must be other versions of the earthquake one too. The events depicted actually did happen in Toronto, but I don't know if that's a coincidence or not.

Edit 2: In IE I get the snake one, which I'd also seen someone post somewhere. I don't think the content of it varies based on location.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I only get the snake one. Even changing the window size

• No rainbow star
    You guys could screencap these (the panels are each a different image) and post them you know
  • a little muffled

I found a Miami version of the earthquake one, so I guess that answers that. (The last panel was a snowstorm in the Toronto version, naturally.) I guess it really is just an amusing coincidence that Toronto totally freaked out over a tiny earthquake not too long ago.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I want to see a version of that in San Francisco
  • edited 2012-04-01 15:31:21
    a little muffled

Seems like it's a snowstorm for a number of other cities too.

Edit: Apparently this shows up in Alaska. I lol'd.

• edited 2012-04-01 15:37:38
    a little muffled

Testing something.

Looks like nothing different happens from clicking the link here. Some people were reporting getting different results coming from links, but I guess it's only from specific sites.

• edited 2012-04-01 17:20:51

XKCD went all out
    The comic changes based on location, browser, time, and even size of the window 

And yet for all that it's still no more funny than the average XKCD comic. I know it's been said before, but it really is as if Randall Munroe is some sort of otherworldly visitor who only kind of gets this whole "humor" thing.

• Fucking Adblock showing pictures of fucking cats in place of fucking ads. Fuck.

• edited 2012-04-01 16:34:39
    Loser

gentlemanorcus,

I like seeing all the creative April Fool's jokes websites come up with.

Ditto, I liked IJBM's too even though it's pretty simple.

Anyway, I'm thinking it might be neat if somebody (or some company) made some real super special important announcement on April 1st, then refused to comment on it for months afterwards so everybody would think it was a April Fool's day joke and then finally went through with it when pretty much nobody believed it was true.

Maybe you could call that trolling, but it's the kind of trolling I can get behind.

• "And yet for all that it's still no more funny than the average XKCD comic. I know it's been said before, but it really is as if Randall Munroe is some kind of otherworldly visitor who only kind of gets this whole "humor" thing."

Someone is bitter.

• edited 2012-04-01 16:41:51

Fucking Adblock showing pictures of fucking cats in place of fucking ads. Fuck.

Obnoxious inconveniences are very funny.

Clearly, the people who do this sort of thing should've been beaten more when they were children. Somehow I doubt they'd think their shit was so cute after it got them a few dozen cracks with a leather belt.

• Someone is very bitter.

• edited 2012-04-01 16:46:52

Someone is very bitter.

Or perhaps I just have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

• Someone is veritably bitter.

• edited 2012-04-01 16:48:30
    (void)

If your tolerance for silly jokes is lower than your tolerance for child abuse, you must be incredibly bitter.

• edited 2012-04-01 16:49:27

Anyway, I'm thinking it might be neat if somebody (or some company) made some real super special important announcement on April 1st, then refused to comment on it for months afterwards so everybody would think it was a April Fool's day joke and then finally went through with it when pretty much nobody believed it was true.

Maybe you could call that trolling, but it's the kind of trolling I can get behind.

Here.

• You can change. You can.

Yes, some kitties are clearly inconvenient and fuck with my internet browsing forever.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Best April Fool's Day thing I've seen today is SWTOR's.

Second best goes to Blizzard.

Also lighten up, Berl.