If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I think I'm turning into a weeaboo.

edited 2011-03-18 17:01:34 in General
It's A Long Story.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    That...stupid...word...

-twitch-
  • I'll get the paddle.
  • Then you should watcha Maria+Holic with me. ^^
  • I think the word's fine, then again, I was raised on the internet amid goons.
  • I was hoping the OP would be Chagen.
  • He already is one.
  • Right.

But I don't think he knows that yet.
  • I am too popular to be a weeaboo. I am more of an upper-class pedigree anime/manga fan.
  • edited 2011-03-18 14:50:08
    You're only a weeaboo if you start doing stuff like replacing "cute" with "kawaii" in your conversation. Otherwise, you're just an anime fan.
  • So I'm not a weeaboo for wanting to be like Takumi from Chäos;Head?

Not that I want to. Though all the anime-related stuff would be nice...
  • No, Chagen, you're a weeaboo for claiming that anime girls are always better than actual girls.
  • But...they look better....
  • edited 2011-03-18 15:28:48
    @ Chagen

I disagree.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Although I don't watch much anime or manga, I'm really interested in the Nico Nico Douga community. What does that make me?
  • ^ A guy who's more interested in the community surrounding something than the thing itself.

(I myself don't like heavy metal that much, but I really appreciate the culture that surrounds it)

• edited 2011-03-18 15:31:54
    You're only a weeaboo if you start doing stuff like replacing "cute" with "kawaii" in your conversation. Otherwise, you're just an anime fan.

I'm not much of an anime/manga* fan, though, although I like the style and have done so since before I knew it was Japanese. It's just that I think something being Japanese is having an effect in how I appretiate it.

* If you ignore that pile of Touhou doujin I'll never read.
  • A guy interested in an internet culture. That's it.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    To me, a weeaboo is someone who puts Japanese media or culture over other things simply because it's Japanese. There's also the idiots who desperately want to be Japanese,not live in Japan,BE Japanese.

About NND, I was talking about MAD movies and stuff. They're normally better made that their Youtube counterparts.(Though I never watch them in Nico itself due to its SSLLOOWW load times)
  • (Though I never watch them in Nico itself due to its SSLLOOWW load times)

That's the thing I don't like about Nico Nico Douga...
    I don't normally use the site much, but sometimes I do and... yeah.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Anyone whose a fan of things, and the majority of the things they are a fan of are from oriental style societies (ergo, japan, best korea, china etc.) and it makes up roughly 70% of their interest.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:05:54

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Everyone has definitions to weeaboo to either spite others, include others, or include themselves.
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:05:49

• I'd define Weaboo by nohaynick's definition myself.
  • "But...they look better...."

• I like UD's definition 

Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.

• ^That's the definition I tend to go with. I've always seen a weeaboo as, not someone who's merely interested in Japanese culture or even takes it to an extreme, but tends to be really annoying or elitist about it.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    I've seen pretty bad weeboos.  One of worst was some dude that couldn't see why Nazi Germany and Imperial Japanese racism were bad.  He really seemed to believe that "Asia for Asians" propaganda.  Plus regrets being born not Japanese and wish badly that he was.
  • "couldn't see why Nazi Germany and Imperial Japanese racism were bad."

ಠ_ಠ
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Yeah, had this crazy notion that the Japanese were the superior race and from what I can tell he was European.  That attitude didn't exactly endear him with the non-Japanese Asians of that board.