If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I think I'm turning into a weeaboo.

2»

Comments

• Wait where was this?
  • Why the hell did you not submit this to FSTDT?
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    @ ninjaclown,

It was at the Animenation forums and I remember reading that about five years ago.

@ Changen,

what the heck is FSTDT?
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:05:41

• Because you never know what you might see.
    "Weeaboo" is just a more insulting word for a Japanophile (or a fan of anything Japanese whatsoever, depending on who's using the word).  Unless you're taking it to ridiculous levels, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Did you know I made a thread with the same title a long time ago and a couple of morons flipped shit at me over it? What nerve. Fucking teenage nerds, they need to stop being so dramatic.
  • The problem with "weeaboo", as with most things, is it gets Trope Decay and used inappropriately.

If it was reserved for extreme Japanophiles, as it's defined, few people would have a problem with it.

In practice, though, it often is used for "Person who watches anime" or "Person who disagrees with renaming the Tsundere trope".
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    My basis:

* Rename Nakama to something less horrible

* Ax Kuudere and the other one that is totally irrelevant.

* Keep Yandere and Tsundere, because as it turns out, Western Animation uses these character tropes better than most anime anyway.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Camaraderie?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > But...they look better...

I don't know about you, but I find that real-life women in real-life swimwear are far more sexy.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    I don't know about you, but I find that real-life women in real-life swimwear are far more sexy.

I agree with this.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    So do I.  Most people probably do.

But since we're talking about Chagen's subjective preferences, I'm not sure what the point in disagreeing is.