If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

What do you consider to be your worst trait?

2»

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    [Contents of this post removed because I remembered that I'm perfect in every way and thus can't be said to possess any negative traits at all]

If you were perfect, you wouldn't have to remove the contents of your post. 
  • edited 2011-12-22 07:23:42

Well, sure, you might think that, but...
    um...
    fuck, yeah you're right.

Really though, it was just emoshit, and I've done more than enough of that this week.

So that I have at least something to contribute to the topic though...

I'm really really really lazy.

Like, I have a group project that I have to present in like 7 hours and I haven't started doing any research for it yet.

Work on it, or i'll find you and shove your face into your homework. >:|
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ If there's anything that should motivate you to be less lazy, it's a group project; I know I'd hate the thought of my grade suffering because of a slacker or two.
  • @DYRE

I'd say it was a step in the right direction.
  • a little muffled
    @Everest:> implying group projects aren't always done by one guy anyway

• Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ I know; they just ought to not be one guy every time.

Though most of the ones I've worked on actually were team efforts.
    Though most of the ones I've worked on actually were team efforts.

envy
  • edited 2011-12-22 07:54:35

^^ If there's anything that should motivate you to be less lazy, it's a group project; I know I'd hate the thought of my grade suffering because of a slacker or two.

If it were any other group project, yeah, no way I'd be slacking on it.  Thing is, nobody in my group (including myself) gives a shit about it, because it's really really easy.  Or at least we think it will be.  It's only like 10 minutes, and hopefully like half of that will be a really really short meditation which means I need to be able to talk for like 2 minutes tops.

I'd say it was a step in the right direction.

My original post before I blanked it?  No it wasn't.

I think his point was more that the step in the right direction was blanking it.
  • edited 2011-12-22 08:10:41
    I would say that while lack of discipline is a close second (only because it's something I've slowly improved on over the years), my worst trait is probably my inability to forgive myself.

While yes, I've said and done a lot of stupid things in my life, the same can be said for absolutely everyone else on the planet. Making mistakes is part of growing up, and as long as I learn the necessary lessons in the process and make the necessary amends I shouldn't continually beat myself up over it.

The thing is, there's a disconnect between knowing what I typed above, and actually implementing it. I still get anxiety spikes over things I did more than a decade ago, despite the fact that the other people involved have long since gotten over it, if it was even a big deal to them in the first place. It's just hard to shake that horrified "I can't BELIEVE I could have been so stupid" feeling I get when the memories of those situations pop into my head.
  • @Juan

No, DYRE got what I was saying.
    ah, nvm, then.
  • No rainbow star
    Elbeem: I know that feel
  • Pessimism, cynicism and laziness. Also greed. I think I mentioned (jokingly) a trope about eating your enemy in another thread recently. If I were the hero of a story, the resolution would indeed probably actually involve me getting hungry and abandoning the quest to find a sandwich.
  • edited 2011-12-22 17:33:11
    Loser
    Elbeem,

I feel like that is a pretty common problem to have. Forgiving people seems tough in general. I think what you said about the difference between knowing that you should get over things and actually getting over them also really rings true for a lot of people.

I wish I knew the solution to the motivation/laziness problem too. From what I have heard, some people can overcome it a little bit by scheduling out time and doing a few small tasks to make the other stuff a bit easier to handle. I guess other people prefer to have their friends call them to remind them to get to work. Then there is the whole "spoonful of sugar" technique of mixing things you do not want to do with stuff you do like (i.e., doing work and rewarding yourself by eating a snack or playing a game). I am not sure whether any of those suggestions really help though.

As for the topic at hand, I tend to have significant problems with cowardice/lack of drive, selfishness, and jealously. 
  • Talking to myself. I think too much.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Getting easily worked up over stupid, pointless shit (but that seems to be normal around here). Also, my temper (a good mixture these two). Also, my laziness and my apathy (although the latter may also be one of my best traits, if it only were always directed at the right things).
  • Cowardice and laziness
  • I'm too lazy post +1
  • I'd say my raging Hitler fetish, definitely.
  • edited 2011-12-26 17:45:17
    ^ Your name isn't Becky (forgive the spelling if you're different) is it?
  • no my name is Bob
  • I have still never used lad.