If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rowan Atkinson as Dr Who

edited 2011-12-20 13:47:11 in IJAM
No rainbow star

I have a feeling this needs to be a real thing

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh, hey, The Curse of Fatal Death. Awesome.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ D: I'm confused
  • edited 2011-12-20 17:06:55
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    His name is The Doctor.

Not Doctor Who.
  • Ical I shall explain.

Doctor Who is a tv show about a time traveling alien who calls himself The Doctor, when people hear this they always ask "Doctor who?" thus the name of the show. 

It's much like the main character from the comic series Shazam, the main character actually being called Captain Marvel.

In any case, there was a film based on the series from the 60s and the main character (played by Peter Cushin) was named Dr. Who.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    >
    He's not called Dr. Who you son of a bitch! Only Peter Cushing was called that! 

Yes well your name isn't 'Silly pedantic nerd who gets hung up on tiny things' but I still think I'm gonna call you that. =P
  • David Tennant had the name in the credits changed from «Doctor Who» to «The Doctor».
  • No rainbow star
    ...:< Well that's confusing

I'm just going to keep calling him Doctor Who :D
    A lot of fans do anyways. Don't worry about it.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >
    A lot of fans do anyways. They are terrible people.
    FTFY
  • No rainbow star
    ^ But what if Doctor Who had to see a doctor?

"The Doctor will see you now, The Doctor"
  • I WILL KILL YOU ICAL! I WILL COME INTO YOUR HOME AND KILL YOU! And then, I'll start calling Pikachu, Pokemon and see how you like it!

Seriously though, whenever he has to pass as human (like if he needed to see a Doctor) he usually gives a fake name typically John Smith.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ If you kill me, then won't I be too dead to care about you calling Pikachu Pokemon?
  • You can change. You can.
    I don't see what's confusing about that. I mean, by that logic, Samus would be Metroid, Link would be Zelda, etc
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    I imagine that The Doctor would have more problems than names if he ever had to see a doctor. And he has actually used the "The Doctor will see you now!" joke on at least one occasions.
    wasn't Martha a doctor, anyway
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    She was only a student doctor before she got recruited by UNIT.
    but she and the Doctor had adventures when she was a doctor in season 4! It totally counts!
    ^^^^In Tom Baker's first appearance he calls himself the original doctor: 'The Genuine Article'.

Seriously, I don't get why this is such a big deal, it's not like it's different as Captain Marvel/Shazam.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Because I can annoy people by calling him Dr Who instead of The Doctor Because it just is :<
    Seriously, I don't get why this is such a big deal, it's not like it's different as Captain Marvel/Shazam.

It's a big deal because someone called Doctor Who is horribly tacky. Except it's not a big deal and everyone's just mock raging.
    People here are mock raging.

This is a serious issue on other parts of the intertubes.
  • I thought tackiness was sort of the point of Doctor Who.
  • No rainbow star
    ...It has potential to do a variant of that Who's on First sketch (if he ever calls himself Dr Who)

"I'm The Doctor"
    "Doctor Who?"
    "Exactly"
  • Yeah, I never understood why people think it's that a big deal, I do call him Doctor Who when discussing him with non-fans.
  • No rainbow star
    ...Are they the same kind of people who freak out if you call Red Ash or call Blue Gary (Or for the obsessed who freak out if you call Blue Blue instead of Green...)
  • A popular joke at my primary school -

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?"

"Doctor"

"Doctor Who?"

"You just said it! Ahhahahahahahaha!"

I think even at 8, we all knew this was rather lame.

^^Isn't Green the girl?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Not in the Japanese ones

Yeah, I'm talking about THOSE purists
    I say.

They're letting all sorts of riffraff into the pokemon fandom these days.