If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2011-10-14 15:34:58
    Kichigai birthday!!
    @AHR: moot put some English Nico Nico ads,and made an announcement saying they got in a partnership with Funimation to stream anime in their channel. Being /a/,this led to a wave of >streaming posts,after which moot changed the board title to  "stre/a/ming & c/a/sual" which made everyone pretty buttbothered.

@Obi Juan: No but I did see one Spanish thread in /v/ yesterday.
  • Nick: Man, you missed the Chavo thread. Madokafags everywhere. For some reason, this also lead to Chavo jokes.

There've been two so far. I saved the first one before it got 404
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    @ObiJuanKenobi: Of course you're online when I have to leave for my dad's house in twenty minutes. When will I get to play against someone with my new deck?

;_;
  • bluh bluh, talk to me in Facebook when you need me to. Or play a quick game. I'll do the room. Besides, I have zombies. You'll die in ten mins.
  • BTW, room is at 4748. Not 4747.
    I know the room. And I'm playing aggro too, so the game might go quickly. Let's see what happens.
  • Hmmm, my zombie deck needs more little drops. Or token creation. Either of.

Sad that we didn't finish that game, cuz it would have been hella cool. Anyway, I really recommend you get acquainted with Cockatrice's shortcuts. It will keep you sane.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So...today I need to tell my parents that I'm going to need to leave my school and transfer to a new one. They've picked me up an we're on the way home.

They keep gushing about what a great school I picked and what a great education I'm going to get there :(
  • Hey, you're lucky. At least your parents are not resenting your decision to keep studying film even though you could prolly fail the semester.

which, when i think about it, is kind of a dumb decision. But the prospect of just failing...I dunno. I have two days to think it through. 
    Well, I probably am going to fail if I don't withdraw. They don't know that either.
  • Lucky. Mine just dropped out of nowhere and decided to talk with the dean for some reason. bleh.

so, basically, i now got my mom berating me every morning. Fun times. Of course, I can't blame her. She's on a tough situation as well.

It's just...I think I can pass. And the idea of losing three months of progress, most of my friends and so on is too daunting for me. Whereas doing a lot of exams and work seems...feasible. I mean. I've done it before. 

Hmmmm, decisions. decisions.

Also, I think it's time to lift the ban. I already cooled off. 
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That's it, I'm done downloading new stuff until I finish everything on my computer. :l
    ^^Did that.

I'm sure you can manage.

For me, it's less a matter of how hard I've been working and more that I'm just not very quick to learn programming languages, which makes obtaining a Computational Media major impractical.

At home. Still haven't told my parents. They're still bringing up how awesome Georgia Tech is.

Is there a term for when someone tries to say something really nice but accidentally says the worst thing possible?
  • edited 2011-10-14 18:04:47

Is it just me, or is Tvtropes's Live Blogginations section updating a lot slower than before it got kicked upstairs, er, got transferred from the forums?

I am surprised the site doesn't have a Pooh's Adventures page yet, but damn. That is so laughably amateur that it stops being laughable.

• You can change. You can.
    Is it just me, or is Tvtropes's Live Blogginations section updating a lot slower than before it got kicked upstairs, er, got transferred from the forums?

Definetly. Mostly because, let's face it, it's a lamer interface. If that's even possible. Not to mention that commenting feels goddamn dull. It's a lot better when it's done in thread form
  • About the college thing, whatever happens, good luck (yes, luck is involved).
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Oh wow.
    Aaannnddd...still haven't told them.

Argh. Why the hell does so much of my life have to be devoted to maintaining the good will of people I don't even like?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I know that feeling. I still can't manage to tell my father that I feel he's pressuring me into going back to university when I spent two years in misery, wasting money and ultimately getting nowhere.
  • edited 2011-10-14 20:08:45
    ^^Go live on your own. You'll never have to maintain good will ever again!
    ^At the moment, that would involve a cardboard box on the street.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    So Comic Con was fun....

what happened -after- Comic Con however....
    Hot damn, EoE is getting intense (just finished episode 9).
  • a little muffled
    Man, I've still only seen the first three...
    ^^ Eden of the East?
    @Nyktos: Go watch more, then. Mod's orders. . . . Okay, not really, but it's awesome.

@Brozare: Yup.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Oh guys. I now have a Hatsune Miku plushie. How much respect have you lost for me?
    It's okay. I have a maid!Yui figurine.
  • edited 2011-10-14 22:12:29
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^,^:

Eden of the East is awesome though. I wish the second movie would pop up on Netflix already, though.