If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Parents who assume that you are retarded and will not think otherwise.

edited 2011-09-30 19:52:45 in Meatspace
[tɕagɛn]
Mom, please shut the fuck up. I am not going to get run over by a car. As little as you want to believe it, I do look both ways, I do have an actual sense of awareness, and stop fucking assuming that I'm just going to bolt into a street without checking for cars. She has never seen me do something that stupid, and yet she still admantly believes that I do that. Nothing I say will convince otherwise, even though she's accusing me of doing something I don't do in the first place. And then she gets pissed at me when I tell to shut the fuck up. Okay, she kinda has a right to be pisses then, but fuck it, actually shut the fuck up and listen to me once. /White people problems

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Don't you have to cross at junctions anyway?
    Jaywalking or something like that?
  • Didn't we already establish that your mother was basically a douchebag of epic proportions? 

I'm just judging by previous of your threads. 
    I strongly advise you kill your parents. 

Speaking of which, have you read the manga "Anne Freaks"? 
  • No rainbow star
    Chagen, she's just worried. Parents are like that. Just accept it
  • Don't just accept it. 
    Call her out on it.... with weapon in hand. Give her a big old speech about how she is a terrible parent and must pay for it with her life.... then kill her. 
    Then burn her thoroughly, take the remains and dump them in the ocean. 
  • The worst thing you have to look out for when driving is not how good a driver you are... Once you get a decent skill of driving, that should be enough... but the most dangerous thing on the road will be the other drivers - My sister
  • edited 2011-09-30 20:09:49
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Eh, all parents are a little overprotective.

My mom always tells me to drive safely when I go out, even though she knows I'm almost too cautious sometimes when I drive. It's just a parent thing.

And telling her to shut the fuck up is a bit of an overreaction.
  • You parents assume they have all the answers and it would wound them greatly to admit otherwise.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Well, I mean parents are overprotective but...

assuming Chagen is retarded? I mean come on.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Dude, this is just something all parents do. It's not worth more than mild annoyance.
    My parents never assumed I was mentally handicapped. In fact my parents disowned me for being lazy if I got B.

That said, telling her to shut the fuck up was not a good response Chagen, though you probably already figured that out.
  • My mother got my younger brother tested to see if he was mentally handicapped because I set the mental bar too high as a kid. 

• "assuming Chagen is retarded? I mean come on."

He did not mention that in the post. That's how he chose to interpret it.

And with that, I take my leave (it's not so much Chagen as some of the responses).

Ah ok. I thought it was implicit this was something she actually said. My bad. Yeah, okay. Not as bad as I thought.

And seriously, don't swear at your folks. It never ends well.
  • Okay, I didn't actually say "shut the fuck up". I said "shut up".

I just put that in to show my RAEG
    Even so. Parents don't like backtalk. If you ever want to win you have to be a lot more reserved.

Not that it always works but you might get out of getting grounded...

or whatever punishment kids these days get.
  • edited 2011-09-30 20:32:35
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Even so. My mom isn't telling me to drive safely because she thinks I'm bumfuck retarded enough to drive seventy in a residential area. She's saying it because she loves me and wants me to be safe.

Also telling parents to shut up is stupid and never ends well.

Ninja'd
  • Uh, Chagen?

Haven't we established the idea that your parents are kind of, y'know...

pricks?
  • They're somethin' else.
    So, you have not taken our advice to try and have them arrested, huh? Alright.
  • To be fair, my mom kinda...."flips" from mood to mood really fast.

They buy me shit and keepna roof over my head and food in my stomach, I can endure them.

That, and they, somewhat tragically, do this because they love me. Unfortunately, their more conservative parentings styles....are not commonly used anymore for a good reason.
  • Man...I wish I had parents.
  • $80+ per session
    No one cares for you a smidge.
  • When you're in an orph-anage.
  • It's a hard knock life for me
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • Your parents generally sound like pricks but this particular thing doesn't sound that bad. I'd probably just roll my eyes.