If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Not enough swordsmen on these forums.

edited 2011-09-29 19:30:51 in General
One foot in front of the other, every day.
I sometimes feel a little lonely, throwing out fencing references that I know no man-at-arms but me even gets. Everyone here seems to be a manga fan or a TV junkie or a gamer freak (which wouldn't be so bad except I've met nobody who has an appreciation for the graceful simplicity of Jedi Academy) and when they're interested in swords, it's through the auspices of media -- they're talking about fictional techniques that I can't see value in because they're dumb as shit.

I mean yeah, you all know what "I know something you don't know" is about and probably know where the "I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD" meme is from, but if I made a throwaway reference to an actual historical fighting manual, or if I told you that I'll Zwerchhau if you Zornhau, would you know what I'm talking about? Would you?

*Goes to wallow in mead and whores, like the awful semi-medievalist I am*

Comments

• ~plays the part for Alex~
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I know how you feel bro. You're the only one that understands my constant Warhammer 40k references.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Thanks guys. :3

'Specially Clocky. <3
  • No rainbow star
    To be serious for a moment, I actually would like sword fighting some time
  • You can change. You can.
    funniest snowclone.

I approve
  • I like swords this much: lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

But arms only strong this much: llllllllll

:(

• I dun like swords.  =/ 
    I like polearms.  =)

• Clean your room little Billy
    I actually took fencing instruction...for all of a month. Bad times.
  • edited 2011-09-30 15:23:39
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I was in our school's fencing club for a few months. I got stabbed really hard in the balls by my friend a few weeks in.

Suddenly sword fighting didn't seem like much fun anymore. >:
  • Erudite Meathead
    ^Ouch, damn.

I always wanted to try some sort of armed martial art, but never got around to find the time and coach for it. I think I would prefer something with more swing than stab though.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    In that case, most non-rapier forms should suffice.