If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Seeing an artist you really really love have a concert near where you live

edited 2011-09-17 20:31:56 in Meatspace
When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I see that nobody cares about good music
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I would cut off all four limbs if I could go to All Tomorrow's Parties this year...
  • Pretty much the same thing happened with me actually, re:Jeff Mangum playing in Boston last week, though it was more a case of "the concert already happened" rather than the tickets being sold out.  Though they sold out really fast anyway so it's not like I would've had a chance of getting them anyway.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Jeff's music doesn't sound like it lends itself to live performances very well, anyhow.
    I do know that the crappy sound quality of Aeroplane, the crappier quality of On Avery Isle, and the ungodly shitty quality of Everything Is would be hard to duplicate.
    dude, it's not crappy, it's LO-FI
    OK that makes it good now

/I'M PLAAAAAAAYING GUITAR JESUS CHRIIIIIIIST
  • a little muffled
    Eh, I still think having a band you like playing a concert at the exact same time your flight to the other side of the country takes off is worse.
  • You can change. You can.
    You just want everyone to know about your pain. >:|
  • I for one don't care about good music.

Rather spend money on food and games.
  • Clean your room little Billy
    I'd go for Portishead, but that's about it.
    I'd go for Portishead, Company Flow, Fear of a Black Planet, Battles, A Hawk and a Hacksaw, and maybe Mogwai and Thee Silver Mt. Zion.

come to think of it, that's not really a lot
  • I live in Scotland, hardly any of my favourite acts come here. If I get lucky they might show up at T-In the Park or Glastonbury but not likely. 
  • You can change. You can.
    I live in Colombia

We don't know what is this music you speak of.
  • $80+ per session
    I'm very fortunate to live less than a mile away from Merriweather Post Pavilion.