If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Homestuck

Comments

• I've never been a fan of jailbreak. It's more plotless than Problem Sleuth and the "humour" seems to be mostly either the "people vomit and shit themselves" variety or the "wacky things" variety. It just doesnt really have anything to interest me, other than maybe getting a reference or two in Problem Sleuth and Homestuck. At this point in jokes like "What Pumpkin?" aren't even dependent on reading Jailbreak.
  • "Also, chum is shark bait. So... I think they're suggesting that they feed their friends to sharks via an instant-message program?"

Is this a joke, or do you not know that chum is an old slang word for friend?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Is this a joke, or do you not know that chum is an old slang word for friend?

It was a joke.

Like I said, it was 4AM. It seemed vaguely amusing then.
  • edited 2011-09-14 04:02:20
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Been a while. Giving myself time to forget everything completely.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Grrr...

How would I get this to work?
  • Why not just untogglebox it and let people with slow connections deal with it?
    Not the slow connections I'm worried about. It's the annoying way that pages load the pictures and force me to continuously scroll.
  • You can change. You can.
    Upload the content without format somewhere else, then let someone who knows their shit fix it?
    This is far too much effort for just a crappy liveblog

I'm sure this is meant to be amusing in some way.

I don't see it though. All I see is some guy talking about his friend and his adventures in some way that seems kind of LOLRANDOM which stops being about anything after the first paragraph. Also, there's like, a lot of try-hard humour, bro.

Log:

John? Who is this "John" you speak of? You are quite certain there has never been, nor ever will be... 

Yeah, this is a really shitty disguise. 

While you are wearing the items, they remain on the card, but it is temporarily removed from the deck, thus freeing up the cards beneath it.

I'm a bit confused. They remain on the card, but there's a free card underneath it now? Did he pull a card out of somewhere?

This is a bit more aware than the standard fare though.

He actually threw it into the fire. I'm impressed. It's like the game-comic can read my mind and know what I want it to do. I expect things to start exploding soon.

You clumsily mishandle the SACRED URN. Ash is everywhere. 

In retrospect, upon mulling cinematic tropes regarding ash-filled urns, this outcome was a virtual certainty. 

You'd probably better clean it up before DAD finds it.

I have a theory.

The reason Homestuck is so popular on TVTropes is that Hussie is aware of the patterns of media and exploits them in a way that many of the people on the site find clever and insightful.

Things like this in media always make me uncomfortable. I don't know how to deal with people leaving each other encouraging messages

I'm leaving off here for now.

I have just one thing to say.

I theorize that the lack of arms for everybody is due to the Captchalogue making everyone consider them useless, as they never have to physically carry anything.
  • I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    No, that's a MSPA-wide running gag. Same with the pumpkins.
    I don't care. It's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
    I don't see it though. All I see is some guy talking about his friend and his adventures in some way that seems kind of LOLRANDOM which stops being about anything after the first paragraph. Also, there's like, a lot of try-hard humour, bro.

I admit that bit was incredibly awful, but I was amused. Probably because bad humor tends to amuse me.

Also, I lol'd at the boldened bit. :p
    I just sat there going -_- the entire time I was reading it.

Thanks.
    I dunno. I gave it 1.5 hats to keep it real is still funny to me. Maybe because I saw it referenced before.

Also, yeah, wish you updated more often. (And that we did this in tandem. :<)

Giving myself time to forget everything completely.

Just had to wipe my head of everything Homestuck-related completely. Also, I've been watching Fullmetal Alchemist and Kamen Rider OOO. Finished FMA, so I decided to go back to this since I've forgotten it all.
  • edited 2011-09-14 20:17:36
    Cue-bey
    I somehow only just noticed there is a picture of john's grandma above her urn.
    That picture creeps me out.
    It looks like one of the trolls

(Oh gawds, don't tell me it is one of the trolls.)

Also, are you liking Kamen rider?
    It looks like a frog

Kamen Rider is good, it is fun.
  • edited 2011-09-14 20:37:06
    Because you never know what you might see.
    So glad this is still happening. :)

I completely disagree on the GameBro thing, surprising absolutely no-one.  I thought it was a pretty funny parody, and I don't think it's lolrandom since the derailed thought is part of the joke, though I guess the whole thing qualifies as absurdist humour.

But then, I think Monty Python is hilarious, so it's entirely possible that "lolrandom" is my sense of humour.

>(Oh gawds, don't tell me it is one of the trolls.)

Spoiler: It isn't.

>It looks like a frog

Amused me.  Though probably not solely for the intended reason.

>Finished FMA

Off-topic, but original or Brotherhood? (curious because I'm a fan of the former and haven't seen much of the latter)
    > Spoiler

damn it. :<
  • edited 2011-09-14 20:40:43
    Cue-bey
    Oh yeah, I guess you'd rather we not spoil things for you?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Both are good series, the former is more character driven and the latter is more plot-driven.
    Never thought you'd be one for reading MSPA.

@Snowbull: Indeed so.
    Who are you saying reads MSPA?
    ...you?

And I just realized you meant Kamen Rider and FMA.
    Nope, I meant FMA both times.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Both FMAs.

>damn it. :<

It wasn't a proper spoiler, I was just taking the piss.
    taking the piss makes me think in either someone drinking urine or transporting samples for a hospital.
    It wasn't a proper spoiler, I was just taking the piss.

I meant as in "Damn it, and here I thought I had stumbled into something weird and foreshadowy. >_>"