If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I'm not sure I want to associate myself with geeks and geeky interests anymore

edited 2011-09-06 21:38:19 in General
Because I'm fairly certain that everything about geekdom sucks.

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Geekdom has Batman. Your argument is invalid.
  • You can change. You can.
    Geekdom has Batman's fandom

You were saying? 
  • Ignore fan forums, fuck bitches, get money.
    ^This man is wise and powerful. Give him a nation in my name so he can rule it with his wisdom.
  • edited 2011-09-06 22:04:12
    ^^^^^ According to that article, every reviewer acts like Yahtzee, gamers should be happy Call of Duty is so popular and sports and e-sports are all completely pointless.
  • As someone who agrees with his general message, that article sucked.
  • edited 2011-09-06 22:01:03
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ E-Sports is where it's at.
    > Reading an article linked by Abyss_Worm

you guys are jesting, rite?
  • edited 2011-09-06 22:03:39

?

If there is a problem with me, please say it now.

Juan: He was saying everything about geekdom sucks. I was not arguing about majorities. I was simply providing proof that less than 100% of geekdom sucks.
  • Associate with us, we're much better!
  • It's just that all the crazy shit that's been going on with TV Tropes over the last few months, along with such delightful things as wikigroaning, has gotten me to start questioning some things, chief among them being "geekdom is kind of horrible, isn't it?"
    Aspects of geekdom are pretty bad, but if you think you won't find similar or just as bad problems in other cultures you're in for a surprise.

So the best solution is just to be a person.
  • Poot dispenser here
    And then there's that whole other shitstorm in the Gmod video-making community.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Wikigroaning is only relevant when you're talking about a wiki, specifically one with a notability clause. When you're talking about individual people, it's just a really petty objection to have.
    If there is a problem with me, please say it now.

Not a problem with you. It's just that the articles you link to things tend to have faulty logic. 
  • Don, everything is horrible when you stop to think about it.

Well, not everything, but you know what I mean.
    OK, I'll be blunt here

If you think that TvT's community is representative of anything that isn't TvT's community, then you have some sort of problem, man.
  • edited 2011-09-06 22:18:51

"Not a problem with you. It's just that the articles you link to things tend to have faulty logic."

I see. I ought to be cautious of stuff overly reliant on emotional appeal then.

Back on topic, not all geeks are the same. You just have to search a little for the more amiable communities, but I've been around many of them.

• Wait, who's talking about TvT?
    It's just that all the crazy shit that's been going on with TV Tropes over the last few months, along with such delightful things as wikigroaning, has gotten me to start questioning some things, chief among them being "geekdom is kind of horrible, isn't it?"
  • Oh. Huh, guess I misread that. #_#
  • @Juan: TV Tropes isn't the only thing that's brought this on. It's hardly even the most prominent thing. It's more like the catalyst.
    Oh. 

As you were.
  • So I didn't misread it. Yay.
    Well, tbf, the post only mentioned two things to TvT. What else was I supposed to think?

Anyway, way I see it, fandoms suck. Doesn't mean the quality of the works they fap to is bad, by any stretchs of means.