If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People doing this sort of thing

edited 2011-09-04 01:00:54 in Media

I mean it shouldn't bug me I know, have fun however you want, but part of me is like "NO YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG STOPPPP" because I dunno, blowing through a game like Morrowind is like chugging vintage wine.

It's probably a moot point because this person probably played it the normal way first dozens of times and was doing it just for fun, and I'm kinda acting like a stop-having-fun-chick, but I can't help but cringe.

I dunno. Thoughts?

Comments

• It's been done better anyways:

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    like chugging vintage wine.

An awesome misuse of a limited resource? 8D

I know what you mean. I would personally discount sequence breaking as a legitimate test of a game's length unless the sequence break is extremely easy. 
  • There's something to be said for the pleasure of cutting Gordian's knot, or of doing something not traditionally accepted or expected.

If you have the money, nothing wrong in chugging expensive wine. The looks on the faces of others might well be worth it.
  • edited 2011-09-04 01:08:22
    ^^^this sort of thing

And IMO that's worse! D;

This is all your fault DonZabu. If I hadn't glanced into the writing thread and saw your story outline for Morrowind I wouldn't have started playing it again and subsequently looking up videos of it on Youtube. :<

I used to have a life, Don. D8 look, look what you've doneeeeeeeee
  • Wait, hold on - a creative endeavor of mine has actually affected somebody's life?

WOOHOO!

-pops a champagne bottle open, then smashes it over my head in roaring celebration-
  • Reminds me of how you can beat Oblivion in about ten minutes.
  • You can change. You can.
    An awesome misuse of a limited resource? 8D

we can't be friends anymore, sir alex.

--smokes pipe, and drinks wine slowly and enjoying every single drop as if it were the tears of an ancient god forever lost to time--
  • edited 2011-09-04 01:16:17
    Yes DonZabu, this is all your fault! :<

...But I can't complain I mean it's ~Morrowind~. That game basically taught me how to read. Ohh, I remember those days of my youth, running around stealing absolutely anything because that was the extent of my delinquency as a 1st grader~.

Your story looked wicked awesome by the way, just saying.

I dunno, I liked Oblivion...but I loved Morrowind.

^ Awww~~wwwhhh~~hhnnngghh~~ you really are my brooooooooooo~~ TT^TT *hugglomp*
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I like speedruns, myself. From a design perspective, thinking about the glitches that allow them is highly interesting. My favorite:

• My older brother introduced me to the game when I was around 10. I'll always have a soft spot for it just for that. The fact that it's a complete masterpiece of a game on top of that certainly helps, though.
    I never played it.

BRB seppukku
  • edited 2011-09-04 01:25:14
    @INUH: Hmm, I suppose that can be interesting to people from a design perspective then. I did not think of that~.

And hell yes it's a masterpiece. @//////@ It's such a rich and massive world for adventurers and lore junkies alike~.

^ Before you die. Please do.
    I haven't actually played more than a couple hours of Morrowind >.>
    come on, inuh, let's be seppukku buddies.
    But my only sword's a replica and it's all dull and stuff.
    We can steal one from Alex. :D
  • You played it as a first grader?

Hot damn I feel old now. When I was that young, the 1st gen of Pokemon was being released.
  • You guys are pathetic.

Man up and use the bread knife like the rest of us.
  • Then look at these beauties~~! 8D

Aren't they gorgeous~? They were created by synthesizing raw ebony with the SUFFERING SOULS OF DAEDRA~~! :D
    I'll probably play Morrowind in early November, while I'm in Skyrim Hype Mode.
    As I'm just looking for Arkham city (Cause holy shit Corey Burton doing a Christpher Lee impression is just...wow)  I probably won't play for a while.
  • complete masterpiece of a game

• EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING CLIFF RACERSS

• ^^ -raises my finger defiantly to say something, then stands down, defeated-
    I don't see how dated graphics mean that a game is bad
  • It's not the graphics, it's the Cliff Racers.

The bane of any Morrowind fan's existence. They are the most annoying fucking things. e_e
  • That's why you get the mods that either get rid of the cliff racers entirely, make them not attack you as much, or make it so that you can actively hunt them to extinction.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    We can steal one from Alex. :D

If you find a sword at my place that looks like something from Elder Scrolls, please, please take it off my hands. xD
    It shows just how little I played of Morrowind that I ran into exactly one cliff racer.
    Never implied that it was TES, I just implied that it needs to be sharp enough to commit seppuku