If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People Who Constantly Harp On About The US Constitution

edited 2011-08-12 18:34:55 in General
As if it actually matters to anyone outside the US. The internet is not The USA, unless people are specifically talking about American law, why even bring it up?

You don't see me mentioning the Act of Scottish Parliament every bloody day do you?

Comments

• edited 2011-08-12 18:36:27
    I haven't really seen it invoked unless the discussion was about US issues anyways. Which it is most of the time.
  • You can change. You can.
    I have seen it brought a lot by retards who think that the US laws apply in the whole of the internet (Such as the first amendment)
  • edited 2011-08-12 18:37:49
    Yeah, I can't remember the last time we discussed law that wasn't US law here. Is this referring to somewhere else?
  • edited 2011-08-12 18:50:57
    Electric Boogaloo
    Fuck just the internet, it pisses me off when people bring this shit up in real life, like the US constitution applies to your fucking A/V Club. It doesn't. The Constitution and Bill of Rights outline what the US Federal Government can and cannot do. Hell, even the state governments have their own constitutions that they answer to, not the We The People one. I hate when people invoke this without ever having read the fucking thing.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The thing is, the constitution doesn't apply to privately owned institutions for the same reason it doesn't apply to your job. You can't get up to your boss and say 'You're a douche bag. Now I'm going back to work.' No you're not, dumbass.
  • edited 2011-08-12 19:13:25
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Connection trouble. This is not the double post you are looking for. We can go about our business.