If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Would you want your "works" on TV Tropes?

edited 2011-08-09 09:32:15 in Webspace
Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
Soon I'll have a game out on the indie market and as the co-creator of this work I am asking myself, "Would I care if there was a works page on TV Tropes?" I wouldn't make it myself, because I'm banned, but would I want it there? Someone might end up making it if my game gets enough attention. Plus, it would be decent advertisement as well. Also, I can see a lot of tropes as a result of making the game. Once I think about it though, I really don't like the idea of something I helped create on Fast Eddie's website.

Comments

• a little muffled
    Sure, why not? I'd probably contribute to it.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Sure, why not? I'd probably contribute to it.
  • You can change. You can.
    I don't care if it happens.

If it does, I'd read it, and I'd probably edit any stupid examples off with a edit reason, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it to happen. -shrug-

I'd probably end up somehow miss the original point I was trying to make by editing it, anyway. 
  • I don't see why not.

Granted, once the work is published, whether or not it has a TVT article isn't really something I can control anyway.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

It seems pretty easy to get a works page locked or deleted. All you have to do is make fun of TV Tropes and/or Eddie within the work.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    If you are talking about This Troper, it was locked because it insults specific single users, instead of the site as whole.

You shouldn't jumble facts just because you are pissed off at somebody, who proved to make highly questionable decisions. Let the MML fans do that.
    Facts? Who said anything about facts? I merely jest.
    And your jesting is not as funny as you think it is. 
    Perhaps not, but did I LOL at my own jesting? I think not.
  • Can we not?
    ^Ummmm... Yes?
    Yeah, OK, I withdraw, then. 
    Pros

• Free advertisement

• Helps establish a fan base

• Easy editing

Cons

• Page at the mercy of anyone

• Fandumb

• Drama

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yes.
  • I think I'd be honored if not only I got my work into the public, but that people cared enough to write about it on wikis. 
  • Well my biggest issue is what sorts of fans will be working on the page.  I would prefer the overly creepy fans who read too much into things not touch it at all.

But it is more exposure and might get the work passed around a bit.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    All it would really mean is that my story has a bit of popularity. You think Rowling stays awake at night because of the obsessive yaoi tards?

So, my reaction would be 'cool, people recognize me enough to make a page.'
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-08-09 23:18:20
    Well, given where I'm working now, I kind of hope at least something we make turns enough heads to get a page made.  Wouldn't touch the page myself though.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^I take it you're not in marketing? :P
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    If I touched my page it'd be inserting complaints about the work to watch sparks fly. Yeah, I know.
  • Pretty much what AHR said.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2011-08-10 00:10:58
    INUH: Nope, the lowly engineers tend to be happy with a name on the credit roll, a comfortable house, a smile from the audience, and screenshots of our most hilarious fuckups and error messages as long as the publishers don't harass us too much.

I made a dude's head look like a Fabergé egg once!  :D
  • no longer cuddly, but still Edmond
    At the OP discussion...

I wouldn't, but they'd probably end up there, in which case I'd probably end up massively editing the articles for factual correctness. Problem with Tropes is a lot of people like to assume things that end up not being true, or being Jedi True.

Or I'd just put an entry about it on my blog which points out all the problems, since that would be easier than constantly editing only to have my changes reverted or edited further into something just as bad (I've had this happen so many times...)
  • No rainbow star
    I wouldn't mind it, although I'd find it hard not to correct misconceptions and get a little annoyed about any percieved death of the authour