If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How my computer can't run any damn games.

edited 2011-07-18 17:23:54 in Meatspace
[tɕagɛn]
Okay, so it can run a lot of them, but anything modern and high-res it can't handle.

I really am starting to get pissed off when I turn a game to the lowest settings possible, with the lowest resolution possible, and this piece-of-shit computer still can't fucking run it.

I'm even more annoyed because I got shafted. See, we used to have a laptop with a Nvidia 8800 graphics card. But when my dad accidently spilled some wine in it in a fight with my mom, HP sent us a replacement.

This replacement had a smaller screen, and one of those shitty chip processors that can't do fucking jack.

We also got this shit-placement when we explicitly promised to get an exact replica of our old laptop.

HP can go fuck themselves with a rusty sewage pipe.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/5586/my-computer-sucks-at-running-games#Item_8

But yeah, HP is pretty awful. My laptop literally started falling apart the month after its warranty ran out.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Same here, same here.

It almost seems like they are designed to do it :s
  • All the machines i've ever used not in warranty have lived past their warranty for years. >_>
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    My computer can't even run Linux. Beat that
  • My computer has an ATI X600.

Do they even MAKE those anymore?

Fucking dell.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Did you know....

that running the lowest settings might not be viable with your graphics cards because sometimes running the lowest optimum settings isn't supported by your card? That was the problem with minecraft, that you would lag more on the Tiny view and low shadow settings than you would on Normal with normal shadow settings.
  • So I have to test every combination to see what works?

Dammit.
  • AUGH 

FUCK THIS COMPUTER AND FUCK YOU HP FOR GIVING US THIS PIECE OF SHIT
  • edited 2011-07-19 10:14:00
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    It's kinda my fault that my IBM T40 stopped working properly after a while, because I spilled soy milk on it one day.

That said, it works mostly fine, just kinda slow, when I run Ubuntu on it nowadays.  Keyboard is still broken so I just use a USB keyboard.
  • My HP laptop has served me well for several years.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    My dad's Dell laptop was passed to me after a few years, and then I kinda broke it.  I dropped something on the general location of the hard drive.

I later replaced the hard drive and reinstalled WinXP.  However, it mysteriously stopped working one day.  I have no idea why, but my guess after ten minutes of internet research is that it probably has to do with the computer being unable to index such a large hard drive.  (Previous HD size was 80 GB, new one is 250 GB.)  Though it might not be the case.

I have been considering installing Ubuntu on it as well, since that OS is definitely compatible with a larger HD.  But maybe I'll leave a small partition for where the Windows stuff used to be, so I can recover this one document that my mom left on there.