If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Casey Anthony found Not Guilty

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    ^^ Maybe that's why it has such a low crime rate...
  • edited 2011-07-06 11:34:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Almost certainly. Their culture considers it extremely rude to plead "not guilty" under any circumstances.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Or surrender/ragequit/admit defeat on things as simple as card/video/board games.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Unless you wanna visit Japan, with its lovely 99.7% conviction rate.

>:l

American criminal law.
  • edited 2011-07-06 15:32:51
    As a petty and vindictive person, I have to take extra steps not to appear petty and vindictive.
    Burn the witch! Burn the witch! Burn the witch!
  • Who the hell doesn't clear their search history every time they turn off their browser?

Who has it set to record search history in the first place?

Me.

It's sometimes convenient if I want to search for the same thing multiple times.

Plus, who else besides me is going to see it?
  • The police, when that body turns up in connection with you?
    The people prosecuting you?
    Facebook?
  • Well, see, nobody is prosecuting me and there are no dead bodies that have any connection to me.

Though if I did kill someone I probably would erase my search history just in case.
  • Threadhop: "Innocent until proven guilty."

That's only in court. Everywhere else, it's "Guilty until proven innocent... then still guilty."
  • No one knows for a fact she did it, but unless more proof comes up, it really does seem like she's responsible.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    So apparently they didn't add "child neglect" to the list of charges. lolwut? They added abuse, but not even neglect? If they had added that, they probably would have found her guilty of that as well as misinformation.

Wait, why do I care all of a sudden? It's a little silly, but whatever.
  • @Everest: Yeah, exactly. The prosecutors clearly weren't very good; I'm pretty sure it's standard practice in most places to charge a suspect with any plausible charge rather than picking and choosing like this.
  • edited 2011-07-07 15:52:37
    Know who I feel bad for? (Other than the child of course)

The Jury. They are getting alot of shit flung at them for doing what the law requires. People have no idea how our law works. Morons.

Good lord some of the things I'm reading is really depressing.

We really are a bloodthirsty society.
  • Some of the jurors are confirming they delivered their verdict because there wasn't enough evidence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Anthony#Jurors.27_response
  • ^^ I hate to say it, but we're not as bloodthirsty as you think, considering the law and stuff...

^ Well, to be fair, they're the ones who got real close to the evidence, so they might have more insight.
  • Reading the stuff from the alternate juror, he made another good point:

The prosecution didn't really have a motive. "Did it so she can continue to party" is not a legitimate motive, it's a motive you give when you don't have a motive. No sane person really kills their kids to party; even most insane people do not kill their kids to party.
  • edited 2011-07-07 17:06:38
    Cue-bey
    I could believe it. You'd just have to be a combination of bored, sociopathic and deluded enough to think you could get away with it.
  • edited 2011-07-07 17:45:08
    ^^^ We're still a bloodthirsty society, America is the only country to celebrate the death of civilians (Hiroshima and Nagasaki ) Violence is okay to show on TV but nipples are shitstorm worthy. Sure we aren't rome but we are the most bloodthirsty first world nation. Culturally of course.

^ Then the prosecution should have tried to show how sociopathic she was. Its a weak motive and you dont win court cases with weak motives and questionable evidence, no matter how prolific or obvious it was. I think she did it too, hell I bet the entire Jury did, but if theres no evidence to prove WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT she, in the first degree, murdered her daughter, then you have to find her not guilty (which doesn't mean Innocent). The prosecution did a horrid job and I applaud the Jury (Except the one trying to make money off this, fuck that prick) for sticking to the law, no matter how much we might dislike it, we are a nation of laws. I dont want lynch mobs back.

Nancy Grace: National Inquisitor is also a disgrace. She's milking this for ratings.
  • edited 2011-07-07 18:12:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    "celebrate the death of civilians (Hiroshima and Nagasaki )"

Buh? Where the hell in America do you live?
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    The hell?  As an asian, I know the Japanese isn't very popular in Asia either.
  • edited 2011-07-07 18:17:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The only guy in my highschool class who thought it was a good thing was Korean.
  • @Thorn: I didn't mean in this specific case, I just meant I could believe someone doing it in general.
  • Yeah, where do you think we were celebrating Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
  • America is the only country to celebrate the death of civilians 

ahahahahahahaha
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^Idiots on Facebook cheering about the 2011 Earthquake?
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    The only guy in my highschool class who thought it was a good thing was Korean.

Snnnkkkkffftttahahaha
  • Weren't most of those «idiots on Facebook» fake?
  • I see I accidentally derailed the thread.

Can we talk about the Jury or whatever?