If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokemon Liveblogs (Or, how can two LP's even fit in one thread?)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

hahaha

No, I needed two names

ahaha

• edited 2012-03-09 18:41:41

You are laughing.

I am scared.

On the plus side I'm now imagining a Pokemon with Nanoceramic Blades in its arms, so it balances out.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I snuck out of Striaton City with my new friend's help, doggedly avoiding the old man that kept insisting I stay.

Free, I breathed a sigh of relief and went to beat up some kids at the Daycare.

A few minutes later and a couple of dollars richer, I went on my way. Unfortunately, Cheren managed to catch me before I could slip away, and he forced me into battling him.

My newly-evolved Sherlock beat the stuffing out of his Pokemon. Smirking, I collected my winnings and continued on my hunt for Audinos.

The first Pokemon I encountered was, unfortunately, a Pidove. I bravely attempted to capture it for SCIENCE!.

JuanCarlos, the Pidove. Level 11, Male.

Relaxed nature. He likes to relax.

HP: 35
    Attack: 19
    Defence: 19
    Sp. Attack: 12
    Sp. Defence: 12
    Speed: 14

Moves:
    Gust
    Growl
    Leer
    Quick Attack

Ability: Big Pecks (Prevents the Defence stat from being lowered. Very useful.)

Shrugging, I continued on my Audino hunt.

I was soon interrupted by two impatient people with green hair. Flabbergasted, Cheren and I stepped aside, allowing them to rush past.

We looked at each other, and were about to go back to business when Bianca interrupted us. She was dragging along a small child.

Apparently, the two goons were members of Team Plasma, and they had stolen the little girl's Pokemon.

Well, I couldn't just let that happen.

Cheren and I followed them to Millstone Cave.

"They're somewhere in there," he said, frowning.

"Let's go then," I said, closing my hand on Jack's Pokeball.

Sure enough, the two were there. We walked up to them.

"Give us back the Pokemon you stole," I announced summarily.

"No!" The Plasma grunt immediately denied.

My hand tightened on Jack's Pokeball. She saw, and laughed mockingly.

"What are you going to do?" she sneered. "Fight us? Very well!"

And she drew out her own Pokeball and threw it, releasing a Patrat.

I released Jack, and the battle commenced.

The Patrat landed a critical blow on Jack, causing him a lot of damage. Jack retaliated with a Water Gun. The Patrat Bit him, causing him to Flinch.

When the Patrat Tackled him again, Jack let loose with another blast of Water. This caught the Patrat and knocked it unconscious, but Jack was severely injured- and more Plasma goons were approaching.

I bit my lip, then prepared to withdraw Jack, when a white glow began to emerge from his body.

Jack, the Dewott. Level 17, Male.

Adamant nature. Alert to sounds.

HP: 55
    Attack: 35
    Defence: 30
    Sp. Attack: 33
    Sp. Defence: 29
    Speed: 31

Moves:
    Razor Shell
    Tail Whip
    Water Gun
    Focus Energy

Ability: Torrent  (The power of Water-type moves will increase by 1.5x if the user has 1/3rd of its' maximum HP or less remaining.)

With his newfound power, Jack easily wiped the floor with the next set of Plasma grunts.

"Now, give me back the girl's Pokemon," I muttered, holding out my hand.

The Plasma grunt seethed, then reluctantly gave me the ball back.

As I handed the ball to Cheren, the grunts scattered.

"... I think I'll go give this to Bianca," he muttered.

"Good idea," I said, then sank to the ground. I needed to rest for a bit.

After Cheren left, I sat down for a few minutes, patting Jack's head, then stood.

As I went to leave, I noticed some chips of rock flying away near the entrance. Curious, I went over and had a look. A Pokemon was digging around there.

It noticed me, and attacked. I sent out Steve and fought it, lowering its' health sufficiently to get it into a Pokeball.

AdamJensen, the Drilbur. Level 13, Female.

Bold nature. Curious.

HP: 40
    Attack: 24
    Defence: 17
    Sp. Attack: 16
    Sp. Defence: 17
    Speed: 23

Moves:
    Mud Sport
    Rapid Spin
    Mud-Slap
    Fury Swipes 

Ability: Sand Force  (Raises the power of Rock, Ground and Steel-type moves by 30% while Sandstorm is in effect. Also gives immunity to the damage of Sandstorm.)

Sighing, weary from the fights recently, I headed to Nacrene City.

Funnily enough, I was aiming for a Roggenrola, but I can't just say no when rustling dirt happens.

• You can change. You can.

why am i bird and who do i have to murder for this

• edited 2012-03-09 19:57:25
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Ah Black and White.  They had such a horrible plot and such stilted writing.  Somewhat fun to play, though the past games were much better.  Except for Gen IV.  Fuck that noise.  I liked how they did the first gym.  Normally, it's a better way of getting the point across that you can't just blast through the game with one Pokemon.  I say normally cause you're doing a nuzlocke here.  I hated how they did it in Gen I, where starters were essentially difficulty levels instead of balancing them out and screwing you over at the first gym if you chose the wrong one.  That;s bad enough on it's own, but if you were playing Red or Blue,  only one other Pokemon could help you out at the first gym, which was Butterfree.  And you didn't know how things really worked back in the day, what moves were helpful and all that jazz, so that was just atrocious game design right there.

Even with Marco dead, you still managed to beat Cilan.  Nice.  I'm assuming from the way it was worded, a critical hit happened.  Every nuzlockers bane.  My Panpour nearly got killed by one of those.  Still haven't resumed my Black nuzlocke.  Maybe I should go back and play through.

EDIT: Ninja'd like hell.

Oh a Drilbur?  Hell yes!  Not so good early game, great late game!  Also I demand that the next Pokemon you find be named after me.  :P

Legionnaire :3

Even with Marco dead, you still managed to beat Cilan.  Nice.  I'm assuming from the way it was worded, a critical hit happened.  Every nuzlockers bane.

Yeah, the Lillipup critted me. He still had around 60% of his health before that.

I was a bit worried, because I remembered from previous playthroughs that both the Lillipup and the Pansage were tough cookies.

The biggest problem I had was the lack of Audinos just yet. I have never been able to get Audinos to appear in Route 1; the earliest I have ever been able to get Audinos is in the Dreamyard, which is only unlocked after you face the gym.

As it is, I'm a bit worried about Nacrene city. I don't have a decent Rock type, so I have to hope that I get a Fighting type in the next Route, or else I have to tackle the Gym without a type advantage at all.

I'll be able to tank her Watchog's Revenge with Steve's Detect, but the Watchog is still a nasty number. I may have to grind a bit and get Jack into his 20's before taking on the gym.

• edited 2012-03-09 20:02:41

Oh wait, Marioguy128 is too big for the name limit.  Just call it Marioguy.  (I wonder how long I'll live.  Not long if I'm a fighting type I suppose.)

Don't worry about Lenora.  She's not that hard.  Your starter will be able to take out her Watchog with ease.  Dewott, Pignite, and Servine can handle Lenora quite easily.  Have something else take out her Herdier first though, just in case.  Besides, you want your mon to be at full power when facing Watchog.  Herdier has Intimidate, remember.

Another note, Audinos only start appearing after you get your first badge.

I knew it about those Audino's, damn them :v

Alright, the next Pokemon I catch will be called Marioguy.

Usually, I can prevent deaths from occurring until around Burgh's Gym. It was a bit of a nasty shock when Marco died.

The Desert Resort is what gets me a lot of the time.

Until then, though, I do have to be a bit careful. Many of my Pokemon are unevolved still, and none have reached last-teir evolutions, so a single critical hit could kill most of them.

And I'm not used to some of these Pokemon; I have never used a Munna or a Drilbur before, so I have to worry a bit about them.

• why am i bird and who do i have to murder for this

• edited 2012-03-09 20:32:16

How the heck did I double post like that?

...I am conflicted. You see, normally, I wouldn't have any mercy and just like...send you a very nasty PM or something, but there's something about Colonel Hans Landa that always gets me. Maybe it's because he's such a cheery bastard, or maybe it's the way he says "It's a bingo", but...I can't be mad at you. 

• I don't believe it. Could Juan actually have a soul? A softspot for a very small number of certain things?

• edited 2012-03-09 20:26:46

And I'm not used to some of these Pokemon; I have never used a Munna or a Drilbur before, so I have to worry a bit about them.

I can't believe I still haven't figured out how to quote properly on this forum.  I can't speak for Munna much, since I always ditched it by the time I got to Castelia, but it has a rather shitty movepool and rather shitty offense.  It's supposed to be a tank of some sort though, but it's movepool rather hinders it.  I dunno, you might be able to find more use for it than I did though.

Speaking of Munna, I have no idea why people thought it was a Drowzee pre-evo before the games came out.  It's pink and has a floral pattern, I don't recall Drowzee being like that.

Drilbur on the other hand, it has an excellent evolution, but until then it's pretty fragile, and horrible at attacking.  It has no good attacking moves early on, and won't have them for a while until it learns Dig.  So it's kind of dead weight in your team until that point.  Afterwards, it starts contributing more.  Then you get access to the better TMs later on, and it becomes slightly more useful.  Then it evolves and you've got a goddamn powerhouse on your hands.  Nothing can stand up to it.  Nothing.  It learns Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Swords Dance naturally, so it's movepool gets tons better later on.  Early game though, it'll help a lot against Elesa.  Make sure to teach it Rock Tomb if you want to have an easier time with her.

tl;dr: Great late game, horrible early game, so don't rely on it too much until you get to about Castelia City.  (or until it learns Dig.  I never really grind, even in nuzlockes, so that's when it starts getting useful for me.)

I can't believe I still haven't figured out how to quote properly on this forum.

On the top row of this box, there is a button that looks like quotation marks. Hit that to quote.

I guess I shall not worry about Drilbur too much just yet, then.

I don't believe it. Could Juan actually have a soul? A softspot for a very small number of certain things?

Well, if having a softspot for murderous nazis is having a soul, then yeah.

Also, Munna is my second-hardest-hitting Pokemon right now, behind Jack. Psywave is knocking off a quarter of a Level 12 Audino's health in a hit.

• edited 2012-03-09 20:35:19

How the heck did I double post like that?

Ah, thank you.

Psywave is knocking off a quarter of a Level 12 Audino's health in a hit.

I wouldn't rely on Psywave too much.  It's a set damage move with a gimmick.  An unreliable gimmick.  Plus it only has 80 accuracy.  Psybeam is much more reliable and hits harder.

Yeah, just grind Drilbur on the side or something, have him soak up exp from trainer battles or something.  (Audino grinding with Drilbur is a pain.)

Psybeam isn't doing a lot of damage at the moment, but I suspect when it levels a bit more, it will start hitting surprisingly hard.

Also, Musharna has a surprisingly high Special Attack of 107. Combine that with, hm, Psychic, Rest, Hypnosis and Dream Eater, I reckon Musharna could deal a fair amount of damage.

After entering Nacrene City, I tried to walk westwards and see what was there. No such luck, unfortunately; Cheren ambushed me again, and forced me to fight him. He is doing this far too much, I ought to punch him.

I defeated him handily, again, and he showed me where the Pokemon Centre is. I suppose that was nice of him.

I healed my Pokemon and attempted to head westwards again. To my surprise, I was actually able to leave the city this time.

However, when I attempted to enter the nearby Forest, my way was blocked by- ugh- Team Plasma.

I didn't want to fight them again. Exiting, I decided to explore the outskirts of the forest.

A trainer sat blocking the fence off. Shrugging, I challenged her to a fight. Her Munna proved no match for Sherlock, and I won handily.

I think I must have hit her on the head or something, because now she's waiting for me at the entrance every time I go past. Not that it's not welcome, she heals my Pokemon, but the way she stares at me is... creepy.

Anyway, I walked in and started exploring.

I was assaulted almost immediately by Bruce Lee, if Bruce Lee was blue and could only say 'Sawk'.

Marioguy, the Sawk. Level 15, Male.

Calm nature. Strong-willed.

HP: 49
    Attack: 39
    Defence: 30
    Sp. Defence: 34
    Speed: 32

Moves:
    Leer
    Bide
    Focus Energy
    Double Kick

Ability: Inner Focus (Pokemon with this ability can't Flinch)

I was actually rather surprised to see a Sawk. Usually, I encounter a Pidove or a Tympole here. Tympole is one of my favourite Pokemon, too.

Shrugging, I decided to hunt some more Audinos. Maybe one day they would start paying me for this.

After a while, I grew bored of hunting Audinos, and headed back to town to find the Gym. I was pointed towards the Museum for directions.

When I attempted to enter the Gym, I was accosted by a plant N, who proceeded to challenge me to a battle.

When I won, he stormed off, muttering something about befriending 'Zekrom'.

Oh well. I entered the museum, and was immediately accosted by an old man. I should start charging for the pleasure of dragging me around.

He showed me a few things. A giant Dragon fossil they had as the centrepiece of the museum; a Meteorite; some pretty rock; and finally, right at the back, the Gym, which was apparently connected to the Museum.

I went in the back. This Gym had a gimmick, too; memos were hidden in all the books, and you had to search for the correct memo to know where to advance to.

I proceeded to read all the books and just decipher where to go from there use my genius intellect and follow the path forwards, deciphering each memo as I went and battling assorted Trainers, until eventually, I accidentally depressed a switch, and the entire shelf of books in front of me slid several feet to the side, exposing a staircase.

I followed it down and talked to the lady inside. Her name was Lenora, and she was the Gym Leader.

Current Team-

AdamJensen, Level 18
    Marioguy, Level 20
    Traum, Level 19
    Jack, Level 20
    Steve, Level 14
    Sherlock, Level 19 

Let the battle commence.

I sent out Adam first, to take her Herdier's Intimidate, then I swapped over to Marioguy. Herdier's attacks were ineffective on him, due to being mostly Normal and Dark type. A single Low Sweep from Mario was sufficient to KO the Herdier.

(Coincidentally, Adam leveled up again here, growing to Level 19. He learned Dig.)

I then sent out Steve, and immediately used Detect. It was a good thing, too; Wathog had used Retaliate, which doubles in power if used immediately after a Pokemon on their team had been KO'd the move before.

I then swapped out for Marioguy. A Low Sweep brought Watchog to 1HP. Watchog sent him to sleep, then Lenora healed him to nearly full health.

We stalled, using a single super Potion, until he woke up, at which point Low Sweep KO'd him again.

(Steve leveled up here, growing to Level 15. I don't think we'll be using Steve much now.)

Lenora gave us the Basic Badge. Right then, though, the old man who had accosted me before- Lenora's husband, and the owner of the museum- came in, yelling about how some people were going to steal some bones.

And, surely enough, it was Team Plasma.

They stole the Dragon Skull right in front of us. We couldn't react, couldn't even see. There was a cloud of smoke, and then it- and they- were gone.

We attempted to give chase. A mysterious man walked over and attempted to engage Lenora in conversation, though.

It turned out to be Burgh, the Gym Leader of Castelia City.

Even Cheren and Bianca came over.

There was no time. Lenora split, heading east. Cheren and Bianca headed into the museum, determined to protect it from further attacks, and Burgh and I headed west, to Pinwheel Forest.

(End of the update for now, as I'll need a new name before catching a Pokemon :V)

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Also woo, I'm Bruce Lee!  Jealous, Juan?  :P  (I expected Timburr tbh.  It's the first Pokemon I usually encounter that isn't a Pidove.  Timburr or Tympole.)  And Sawk is dominating in the early game.  (Only used a Sawk for Lenora on my first playthrough, so I don't know how it plays out really later.)

Oh, now that you have a fighting type, you can get a star piece from the challenge rock every day.  If you haven't done that already.  Useful way of building up money.  (This is possibly the only Pokemon game where it's possible to gain such a large amount of money.  Unfortunately, this is possibly the only game where money is the most useless.  There's nothing really to spend it all on.)

Hmm, even though Drilbur learned Dig, I suggest holding back on using it for now.  Frankly, her moves aren't gonna help much in the next area, cause it's full of bug and grass types.  Also, Hone Claws is gonna be your boosting friend until she learns Swords Dance.

Name?  Do you consider the inside of Pinwheel Forest to be a different area?  Some nuzlockes do even though the game considers them the same area.  Just letting you know.  If you do... uhhh... Flora.

Yeah, I've been getting lucky with the Pokemon finds this run. Munna has the lowest chance of appearing there, usually you'll encounter a Pokemon before getting to a Drilbur dig spot, and Sawk has an astoundingly low appearance rate, but I've managed to catch all of them.

I do consider the inside of Pinwheel Forest a different area. They have wildly differing ecosystems, different Pokemon, different breeds of Pokemon you encounter, and the environment itself is different. FAIAP, they're different areas.

I'm planning on holding Drilbur back until I get to the town after the next one- the town with the Electric Gym, whatsitsname. Forests are full of Grass-types, and the desert after the next Route is basically full of Ground-types so he would be useless there. In fact, even after that, it's not so good, as you've got the Freezer-place, with Ice-types, and another forest-y area with grass-types.

I did not know about the Challenge Rock, though. That will actually be very useful!

So, Flora it is, for the next Pokemon.

Burgh and I entered the Forest together, but we didn't stay together for long. He soon tore up the bridge, claiming to be preventing them from escaping. Personally, I think he just saw a Pokemon he really wanted to catch.

I entered the Forest on my own. It is a surprisingly welcoming place; the sun is shining overhead, the ground is soft and springy, and the bugs are chittering everywhere. I determinedly ignored the pained screams I could occasionally here in the distance- this was a nice place- I set off towards my goal.

I was almost immediately ambushed by Trainers. A pair of twins, actually. Marioguy and Jack took care of them easily, but I was immediately accosted by a Plasma goon as I attempted to sneak past him.

He was pathetically easy to defeat- a single Razor Shell from Jack KO'd him.

We set off again, and were, once again, immediately accosted; this time by a wild Pokemon.

Flora, the Sewaddle.  Level 14, Female.

Relaxed nature. Somewhat vain.

HP: 39
    Attack: 22 
    Defence: 29
    Sp. Defence: 26
    Speed: 17

Moves:
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Bug Bite

Ability: Swarm (When a Pokemon with Swarm uses a Bug-type move, the power will increase by 1.5× if the user has less than or equal to 1/3 of its maximum HP remaining.) 

My journey continued on much like this. I would take two steps forward and be accosted by a Trainer, or a Plasma goon, or a wild Pokemon.

I gritted my teeth and smiled.

This was a nice place.

Eventually, pushed to the brink of exhaustion, I climbed out of a hollowed tree trunk and found myself staring at a Plasma grunt holding the Dragon Skull I was looking for.

I defeated him roundly. Jack's Razor Shell took care of all his Pokemon, even his Sandile.

It was not so easy when Gorm appeared.

Gorm is one of the Seven Sages. Along with Ghetsis, and five others, he rules Team Plasma.

My Pokemon and I were injured and exhausted from our trek. Any potential help among the trainers had been lost through our fights. I was down to my last couple of potions, and my Pokemon were nearly out of Moves.

I leaned back and prepared to throw Jack's Pokeball with all my might, when

Lenora grabbed my hand, forcing it down.

"Don't," she muttered quietly. "Let us handle this."

And handle it they did. Faced with two Gym Leaders, rather than a single newbie Trainer with only two Gym Badges, Gorm was a lot more hesitant.

He soon backed off, leaving us to lick our wounds.

Burgh grimaced. "Good riddance," he muttered.

Lenora turned to me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I muttered. "A bit tired, is all."

Lenora nodded. "As you would be." She sighed. "Do you have the Dragon Skull?"

I nodded again and pulled it out of my bag. "The Plasma grunt gave it to me when I defeated him," I told her.

"Good," she said, taking it off me. "Look. I'm sorry about the trouble."

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it." 

"No, really," she insisted. "Look at you. You've worked yourself to exhaustion, your Pokemon are injured, you've used hundreds of dollars worth of items, all to get this Skull back for me."

"I didn't do it for that," I muttered. "Plasma stole a little girl's Pokemon once, did I tell you that? They're bad people. They need to be stopped. If I can help, I will."

There was a small silence, then Lenora took my hand. She pressed a small rock into it.

"Thank you," she muttered. "I have to get back to my Gym back. You're welcome back any time."

With that, she took her leave.

I sank to the forest floor. Sighing, I rested for a few moments, then stood.

I had a bridge to cross.

• edited 2013-01-21 03:07:51

• edited 2012-03-11 22:02:23
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Skyarrow Bridge is enormous.

I mean, you hear people talk about how big it is, but until you are actually walking along it, you don't realize just how big.

The bridge is hundreds of metres long. It's wide enough for multiple trucks to drive along next to each other, and tall enough for even the tallest of trucks to not hit the suspended pedestrian walkway.

Yes, the pedestrian walkway is suspended. The bridge is big enough to support a suspended walkway.

Anyway, I spent about half an hour marvelling at how big the bridge was, before I ducked off to find the gym.

Before I found the Gym, though, I found the Battle Company.

This is a company where people can just wander in and accept challenges.

Some janitor accosted me as I walked in, telling me that it would likely be a real challenge for me. I laughed him off, placing Sherlock first on my team.

The second person I battled had a single Pokemon to her name.

I sent out Sherlock, and she sent out Timburr.

"Timburr is a Fighting type," I mused aloud,  trying my darned best to strategize. "Sherlock would be at a type disadvantage. I could sent out Traum, as she would have a type advantage over the Timburr, but I don't know if she would be strong enough to defeat the Pokemon quickly..."

Tapping my Pokeballs, I located Sherlock's and recalled him. "Go, Marioguy!"

"Timburr, use Bide!" the woman yelled, obviously confident that her Pokemon could withstand anything.

"Marioguy, use Double Kick!"  I yelled. Marioguy was very strong; the only Pokemon I had faced that he had not been able to defeat so far was a Bug-type.

He landed two precise kicks on the Timburr. It was almost, almost enough to knock the Timburr out, but he must have retained a sliver of health, because he remained standing, albeit barely.

"Marioguy, use-"

I never got to finish my sentence. Before Marioguy could even begin to move, a blast of kinetic energy erupted from the Timburr. All the damage Marioguy had dealt, amplified by the power of Bide, streaked towards my Pokemon.

He barely even had time to blink.

The pure force of the attack slammed him into a wall opposite us. I heard several sickening snaps as his neck broke.

I sank to my knees.

Rest in Peace, Marioguy.

Level 15- Level 25.

I stood back up, my hands shaking.

"I'm sorry!" the woman gasped. "I didn't mean to-"

"Jack," I said numbly. "Come out."

The Timburr didn't even resist as Jack's Razor Shell hit it, knocking it unconscious.

"I didn't mean to kill him..." the woman said softly.

"I didn't mean to..."

I didn't let Marioguy's sacrifice be in vain. I climbed up the tower, facing every employee who wanted to get in my way and beating them down with Sherlock and Jack. And then, eventually, I faced the executive himself; the very same janitor who had greeted me when I walked in the door.

After I fought him, Traum and Jack easily taking care of his Pokemon, he handed me a small device, shaped like a brooch.

"I'm very sorry for your loss," he said softly, pushing the device into my hands. "Here, take it. It's an Experience Sharer. If you give it to a Pokemon, a portion of the experience from your battles will be given to the Pokemon holding it. Hopefully, this should help you to prevent any more losses."

I nodded numbly.

"Thanks."

The Gym was located on the east side of town. It was fairly easy to notice; it was the only building in town that didn't try to touch the sky.

I tried to walk in, but Cheren interrupted me.

"Oh, hey," he drawled. "Are you going to take on the Gym? I just defeated it. It was tough, but Bug-type Pokemon are no match for me!" He gave me a confident thumbs-up and strode off.

Didn't he get a Snivy?

I sighed and tried to step inside the Gym again. This time, it was Burgh himself who interrupted me, bursting out of the door.

"Oh!" he said, nearly falling head-over-heels as he stopped in front of me. "Tempera, was it?"

I nodded. "Yes."

He smile fiercely. "Good. Follow me."

He set off at a brisk jog, and I nearly had to run to keep up with him. "What's going on?"

"Team Plasma has been spotted at Prime Pier," he frowned. "I'm not sure what they're doing, but they're not doing it in my city."

I nodded and followed him, trying to keep my breathing even.

When we arrived, I couldn't see a single person dressed in the blue-and-white of Team Plasma, though. In fact, I couldn't see anyone except a strange, dark-skinned woman with weird hair, and... Bianca, who was sitting on the ground, her face tear-stained.

Oh.

Well, shit.

I walked over to her and knelt in front of her. "Bianca?"

She just stared at me for a moment, then threw her arms around me and started crying.

I awkwardly patted her on the back. I didn't say anything, I just let her cry herself out.

She sobbed for a few minutes before she seemed to pull herself together. Her voice was hoarse as she spoke.

"Team Plasma... They..."

We were interrupted by a cry of alarm. I rose to my feet at once, turning around, and saw the altogether too familiar uniform of Team Plasma.

The man was cursing to himself.

"Shit. It went so well before that I thought I'd come back and try to steal another Pokemon... But now there's a Gym Leader here! I'd better go back to base!"

Steal...

Bianca surged to her feet.

"You! You stole Munna!"

Oh.

The man took off.

Burgh looked at the man's retreating back. "Iris, you stay with the girl!" he yelled. "Tempera, with me!"

I nodded, but hesitated. I half-turned back to Bianca.

She graced me with a small smile and nodded.

"Go get Munna back for me, Tempera."

I smiled at her, then ran after Burgh.

We followed him back to the Gym. He had run in to a tall building just near the Gym.

"You ready, Tempera?" Burgh asked quietly. I looked at him.

"You bet," I said quietly.

We followed them in.

I tackled the one who had kidnapped Bianca's Munna. Well, not literally; I sent Jack out. Threatened by his presence, the man sent out his Patrats. Jack easily disposed of them.

The rest of the Plasma grunts had tackled Burgh. He... well, he won. Handily. That's all I'll say on the matter.

We looked around, disappointed, when suddenly, the elevator dinged, and Ghetsis walked out, followed by two people who were dressed nearly as finely as him.

I didn't say a word through their entire spiel. They talked about how they wanted to liberate Pokemon. Burgh spoke about how Ghetsis' words had encouraged him to become closer to his Pokemon.

They threatened each other for a bit, but I could see that neither Burgh nor the Sages particularly wanted to fight. With me here and Iris in the city, the fight was too close to even for their liking.

They made a final threat, then ordered one of their grunts to give Munna back. While we were distracted grabbing the frightened Pokemon, they took off as fast  as they could.

"Speedy bunch, aren't they?" Burgh commented.

Bianca was ecstatic to get her Munna back. She almost crash-tackled me, she was that enthusiastic.

Bianca was still scared to go out alone. Having someone as close to her as her Munna stolen must have been... traumatic. I tried to imagine having Jack stolen from me.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Burgh's gym was particularly easy to defeat. His walls were covered in honey, and there were clowns everywhere.

Team:

Sherlock, Level 25
    Flora, Level 25
    Traum, Level 25
    AdamJensen, Level 25
    JuanCarlos, Level 25
    Jack, Level 26

Adam took care of his Whirlipede. Two Dig attacks were sufficient to knock it down to one HP, forcing Burgh to use all of his Super Potions to heal him. When he ran out, Adam easily KO'd the Whirlipede.

Flora took care of the Leavanny. Bug Bites aplenty were had, KO'ing the Leavanny in six hits.

Jack defeated his Dwebble. A single Razor Shell knocked it out.

With a new badge under our belt, we went to head out, when we were interrupted by our XTransceiver.

It was Bianca.

"Can you meet me at the shelter before Route 4?" she asked softly. "Iris has been training me and, um, I want a battle."

"Sure," I replied. Hanging up, I jogged on over.

Bianca was waiting for me there, looking demurely at the ground. When I came in, she glanced at me and rose.

"Um, it's fine if we battle in here, so long as we're careful not to break the electrical billboard..." she told me.

The battle was ridiculously easy.

Her Herdier went down in a single Razor Shell. She winced at that.

Shit.

This wasn't about a battle, I realized. This was about her testing herself, to see if she was strong enough to protect her Pokemon.

Her Pansage was downed by a single Bug Bite from Flora.

That was when the tension went out of her body.

Her Munna was downed by a single Crunch from Sherlock.

Her shoulders slumped.

Her Pignite was KO'd by a single Razor Shell.

That was the first time I ever saw Bianca look defeated. Completely and utterly defeated.

"Bianca..."

She pulled her hat low, covering her eyes. When she raised it again, she had a big smile plastered over her face.

"It's okay," she said. "I'm really glad we got to go on this adventure."

I hate that fake smile of hers.

"Hey, Tempera!"

I gritted my teeth and turned.

"Now that we've both got three Badges, let's battle!" Cheren enthused. "Come on, let's see who's strongest!"

"Not today," I groaned.

"Come on," he moaned. "Go, Pidove!"

He was gone even quicker than Bianca was. His Pidove was downed by Sherlock's Take Down. Panpour was downed by Flora's Razor Leaf, and Servine went down to a Bug Bite. Even Liepard was downed by a single Razor Shell.

I walked away before he could say anything.

There was a small house just off to the side of the road.

Before I could even head there, I heard a growl behind me.

"Oh, come ON!" I yelled. Releasing Sherlock, I told him to Bite the Pokemon who dared to interrupt me today.

A single Pokeball later, I was back on my way to the house.

"If you're tired, you should rest!" the person in the house declared.

I was tired.

So I did.

End Entry.

Flora, the Leavanny. Level 26, Female.

Relaxed nature. Somewhat vain.

HP: 82
    Attack: 63
    Defence: 57
    Sp. Attack: 41
    Sp. Defence: 49
    Speed: 53 

Moves:
    Tackle
    Protect
    Bug Bite
    Razor Leaf 

Ability: Swarm (When a Pokemon with Swarm uses a Bug-type move, the power will increase by 1.5× if the user has less than or equal to 1/3 of its maximum HP remaining.) 

(I actually forgot to grab Sandile's stats before I trained him up :V Sorry. I caught him at Level 15, but he's Level 25 now .-.)

Kamen, the Sandile. Level 25, Male.

Hasty nature. Likes to fight.

HP: 62
    Attack: 48
    Defence: 21
    Sp. Attack: 25
    Sp. Defence: 26
    Speed: 40

Moves:
    Bite
    Mud-Slap
    Assurance
    Sand Tomb

Ability: Intimidate (Lowers the opponent's Attack stat one stage when he enters the battle.)

As usual, first person to comment gets to name the Pokemon I find in the Desert Resort. Or, I actually need two names. 

Also, never try to write up a liveblog entry two days after you actually play the sequence. You forget everything that happens.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Oh hey, let's see what happened this ti-

"Marioguy, use-"

I never got to finish my sentence. Before Marioguy could even begin to move, a blast of kinetic energy erupted from the Timburr. All the damage Marioguy had dealt, amplified by the power of Bide, streaked towards my Pokemon.

He barely even had time to blink.

The pure force of the attack slammed him into a wall opposite us. I heard several sickening snaps as his neck broke.

I sank to my knees.

Rest in Peace, Marioguy.

Guhhhh...

Well then, looks like my presence no longer resides in this liveblog, oh wait I nicknamed Flora, so I technically live on through her!  Yeah, Bide is a nuzlocke killer.  If they happen to pull it off after you attack, take that time to set up and then whale on them later.  Patrats and Timburr tend to have them.

Leavanny is a great Bug type.  Unlike the bug types of the past generations, this one is not useless.  It's an actual valid Pokemon that you can use for the rest of the game.  Same goes with Scolipede.  Yeah, Sawk is a glass cannon.  If it doesn't have Sturdy, it will not last long in battle.  Sturdy is possibly a nuzlockers best friend.  Sandile... never really used it.  I always used Drilbur, but Sandile's even more fragile.  Krookodile is like Excadrill, but with more balanced stats, which isn't a good thing.  It's not a bad Pokemon though, and if either of them bites the dust, you have one other ground type to use.

Oh, uh, nicknames.  Brian Blessed for the desert resort Pokemon.  (Shorten that however you wish)  If no one comes up with a nickname for the Relic Tower one, KingRamses.

Yeah, Bide is a nuzlocke killer.  If they happen to pull it off after you attack, take that time to set up and then whale on them later.  Patrats and Timburr tend to have them.

I actually just didn't notice that the Timburr had used Bide. I thought she'd used an X Defend. I was kind of doing the washing and playing at the same time, so I was distracted.

Leavanny is a great Bug type.  Unlike the bug types of the past generations, this one is not useless.  It's an actual valid Pokemon that you can use for the rest of the game.

Leavanny, so far, is a really, really effective anti-grass weapon. Grass attacks only hit her for like... 1/4 damage, and Bug Bite eats up any Berries they have, so I don't have to worry about them healing themselves. Struggle Bug also lowers their Special Attack, which is good because a lot of Grass types like to rely on Giga Drain.

I'm not sure about what I'm going to do with her soon though. I imagine that Flora will do great in the fifth gym, though, the Ground-type one. Flora and Jack should wipe that Gym.

Yeah, Sawk is a glass cannon.  If it doesn't have Sturdy, it will not last long in battle.  Sturdy is possibly a nuzlockers best friend.

And being a Nuzlocke, I couldn't wait around until I found a Sawk with Sturdy.

It kind of sucks; Sawk was a great sweeper.

Sandile... never really used it.  I always used Drilbur, but Sandile's even more fragile.  Krookodile is like Excadrill, but with more balanced stats, which isn't a good thing.  It's not a bad Pokemon though, and if either of them bites the dust, you have one other ground type to use.

Krookodile has one big advantage over Excadrill; he's part Dark-type, which gives me an effective weapon against Ghost and Psychic-type Pokemon. I imagine I'll be using Excadrill more, but Krookodile will certainly have his niche in the team.

Oh, uh, nicknames.  Brian Blessed for the desert resort Pokemon.  (Shorten that however you wish)  If no one comes up with a nickname for the Relic Tower one, KingRamses.

KingRamses it is! Icalasari got to the Pokemon in the Desert Resort first (It's a Darumaka called Titan, if you're interested) because he's sitting on IRC with me, but I'd actually forgotten that you can get a Pokemon in the Relic Castle.

The second name had been for the Archen I'm going to get in- wait for it- the Relic Castle :V