If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I can't hate tropers

Comments

• a little muffled
    @Chagen: He claims he's too lazy to be the former, and seems too consistent to be the latter (though it's certainly a reasonable suspicion seeing only a few of his posts).
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:58:52

• Say the people who don't go on OT.
  • edited 2012-07-22 17:58:57

• edited 2011-03-18 18:51:36
    I'm indifferent to Tongpu, too.

Hence this thread.
  • The Sonic Series Wiki Curator of TvTropes
    Eh, I have a neutral opinion of Tongpu.
  • I don't get why Kino is so popular on the TV Tropes forums. His personality is the exact opposite of the community's overall demeanor, and yet everyone loves him in most of the threads he goes to. I don't get it.
  • "His personality is the exact opposite of the community's overall demeanor"

Answered your own question, there.

That and there are quite a few people who dislike him, they just keep it to themselves.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Kino has sex with girls. Others do not. hence hate.

Tongpu is edgy. Tropers do not like edgy. hence hate.
  • You make him sound like Batman.
    Kingpu is Batman.
  • edited 2011-03-18 20:49:31

MOAR LIKE "KING POO", AMIRITE?

TONGUE POO

KEEN? OH.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    Wasn't there a whole thread here for people who didn't like Kino?

Kino's alright.  I don't dislike Tongpu, though when I first saw his posts I detested him far beyond the level of hatred that is reasonable to feel towards an Internet account.
  • "Wasn't there a whole thread here for people who didn't like Kino?"

Kinda, but not really. Most of the posts were along the lines of "I'm indifferent to him".
  • Tropers are too indifferent to everything.
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    @Donzabu: There are many thing in the world people will never understand.

So yeah about that hate; to truly hate somebody takes time and effort; most people there/here don't rate that high.
  • I don't see myself ever being emotionally attached enough to someone I only know from their online persona to hate them.

Annoyance, sure, but not hate.
  • edited 2011-03-19 13:40:11
    I don't get why Kino is so popular on the TV Tropes forums. His personality is the exact opposite of the community's overall demeanor, and yet everyone loves him in most of the threads he goes to. I don't get it.
    Really? It's just another character. He still posts in forum games, Troper Updates and all those weird threads that are all over Yack Fest, likes nerdy stuff and is fairly amicable, I don't see why a particular subset of his personality would create such an overpowering backlash among people.

I don't see myself ever being emotionally attached enough to someone I only know from their online persona to hate them.
    Wait, hadn't you met your wife online? Or am I getting tropers mixed up again?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    That's Justice who met his british wife online.
    Morven is the opposite case, he is the british wife. :p
  • Alright, alright, enough of the "hate is too strong" thing. Lemme change that to "I can't dislike tropers".

Well, maybe just a little bit.
    And why is that bad?
  • Ehh, can I just say it feels wrong not to dislike a dislikable person?
    Wether they are dislikeable or not is a question of if you find that person dislikeable. The general consensus is not what should dictate your thought process.
  • Yeah, but it's my own thought process that is telling me I should dislike said person.
    it's a conflict of emotion and reason? Now that's funny.
  • edited 2011-03-19 16:11:12
    Maybe I should try that split personality thing.
    It sure is where it's at...

On a serious note, forcing yourself to dislike someone is a waste of energy,