If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Foods/Drinks/Medicine/Etc. you thought was common outside your country...

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "Oh, I see.

We're going to be like that.

Well, I'm not getting into this, nosir."

Uh . . . The joke is that I'm the one with heretical taste, don't worry. I know that sauces are required for some meals.
  • Really, the only thing a good hot-dog needs is some mustard and maybe a little onion. Ketchup is only good for hamburgers. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

There are people who eat hot dogs without ketchup? My mind is blown.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    -raises hand-

Might as well run it into the ground now, so peeople don't get confused later.
  • I don't put anything on hot dogs.

Or any food.

Well, usually.  I like hot sauce on whatever, but I don't have any other kind of condiment or anything like, ever. 

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Hot dogs aren't that nice to be honest.

I prefer some nice proper sausages. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^That I'll agree to. I usually only have hot dogs if they're just what's available.

• edited 2012-02-21 12:26:38
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Nathan's hot dogs with natural skin are really nice, but they're really hard to find outside New York.

Though only the best hot dogs can surpass Italian Sausage, Kielbasa, and the like.

• edited 2012-02-21 12:27:04

I once put garlic cream on a burger.

Best food ever.

• No rainbow star
    Yeah, sausages > hot dogs
  • You can change. You can.

You know what's actually better than all of your heathen foods?

cuban sandwiches

• No rainbow star
    And I think I found something that we can agree is a bizarre as hell chip flavour

"Meat Pie and Ketchup" flavoured chips in New Zealand
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

ewwww

• No rainbow star
    I'm just wondering how meat pie flavouring even works. Is it literally that flavour (in which case EWWWWW) or is it like Ketchup Chips where it is called that, and you can draw similarities, but the tastes are unique (seriously, if the chips actually tasted like ketchup then somebody fucked up. I'm not sure how to describe ketchup chips beyond, "Sweet with a hint of tomato" however)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> garlic cream

That sounds awesome.

You know what's one of the best dips ever invented?  Papa John's garlic sauce.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

As for hot dogs, I used to eat them plain.  Sausage and bun only.  I didn't like ketchup, didn't like mustard, didn't like relish.  Since I didn't like them, they would just get in the way of me enjoying the sausage's flavor.

Then after a while, I noticed that they didn't taste that good plain.  They were rather dry.  The bread was kinda tasteless and annoying.  And then I realized why people put the toppings on there, and learned to appreciate toppings in small quantities.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

You can get haggis and black pepper here (and in Scotland moreso.)

• Child of Darkness

Been ages since I had a bit of haggis.  Since I left Scotland at age eleven, I believe.  Why Americans think the idea is repulsive is beyond me; it's effectively a sausage, and no more disgusting than many sausages.

• No rainbow star
    ^ That is... A really good point, actually

Huh. I may have to give haggis a try now
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^It's the media playing up the description for the sake of a joke and it snowballing from there.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The shocking acceptance of the vile condiment referred to as "ketchup" sickens me. You're all food deviants!

• Kichigai birthday!!

Why doesn't the rest of the world have horchata? And you guys call yourselves civilized? And what's that shit of not putting potatoes in your omelettes?

• You can change. You can.

Said she as she ate...um...

damnit, imagine i said something snappy

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Ketchup is a life saver when you have no other condiments!

• No rainbow star
    Orchata?

I looked it up and I'm a bit confused still as to what it is

Also, I just remembered: I hate rice pudding
  • Champion of the Whales

I'm with Saig,

Brown sauce is well better for chips than Ketchup

• edited 2012-02-25 17:17:29
    Kichigai birthday!!

^^ It's a drink made with chufas, known as tigernuts (what kind of name is that?) in English. We drink it in summer and I think it's also drunk in South American countries, but the variant made with chufas is pretty much only in Spain. It's very tasty and I love it. I don't know what's not to get

Also it's Horchata, with an H.

• edited 2012-02-25 16:36:06
    No rainbow star
    Whoops, I typo'd there

And normally I wouldn't bother but it is bugging me for some reason. You put i'ts instead of it's
  • Kichigai birthday!!

And I had to put it while I was correcting you. Talk about irony

• Why doesn't the rest of the world have horchata? And you guys call yourselves civilized? And what's that shit of not putting potatoes in your omelettes?

That thing look like barley-based chicha and thus must be good.