If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Foods/Drinks/Medicine/Etc. you thought was common outside your country...

edited 2012-02-20 02:57:59 in General
No rainbow star
...But isn't?

I just read that smarties (small pieces of candy coated chocolate) and ketchup flavoured chips aren't available in the states D:

Apparently neither is Buckley's (A nasty as hell cold medicine that works remarkably well)

And might as well say Poutine (gravy covered fries) don't seem to be common outside of Canada but I knew that already

Anybody else have stuff in their country they were surprised wasn't widely available in other countries?

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

ketchup flavoured chips, what the hell

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Tim Tams. 

Everyone should have Tim Tams. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Tim Tams aren't widely available?

what heathenry is this

• No rainbow star
    Please describe Tim Tams

And Cygan don't knock ketchup flavoured chips
  • Champion of the Whales

ketchup flavoured chips, what the hell

• No rainbow star
    Shut up you heathens >: |

A Tim Tam is composed of two layers of chocolate-malted biscuit, separated by a light chocolate cream filling, and coated in a thin layer of textured chocolate.

• edited 2012-02-20 03:12:38
    No rainbow star
    Oh, we have something similar to those. Kit Kats

Although I have a feeling Tim Tams are to Kit Kats as Smarties are to M&M's - Technically the same thing but the flavour differs quite a bit

Edit: Somehow missed the cream part and chocolate wafer part

Tim tams are officially superior

Kit Kats are chocolate bars, more related to wafers, whereas Tim-Tams are basically biscuits.

• No rainbow star
    We should do a trade. I send over some ketchup flavoured chips (the taste is different than you might expect) and you send over some tim tams (although it might be more fair to send me something I think I won't like but you think I will)
  • edited 2012-02-20 03:19:49
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

MASTER TECHNIQUE: TIM TAM SLAM

Requirements: Some kind of hot drink, a Tim Tam. 

Step 1: Bite a little chunk off one corner of the Tim Tam, then do it again to the opposite corner, so if you were to draw a line between the bites, it would be diagonal through the middle. 

Step 2: Place one of these corners in your hot drink and suck it through the Tim Tam like a straw, but only for a few seconds. 

Step 3: Consume your now internally-melted Tim Tam. 

I don't think so.

We had tomato sauce-flavoured chips at one point in Australia. They stopped production because nobody bought them because seriously, tomato sauce flavoured chips.

MASTER TECHNIQUE: TIM TAM SLAM

that is really nice

but now I want some tim-tams :/

• No rainbow star
    ^^ How did they taste? Because it sounds like they did it wrong

They tasted like tomato sauce and potato chips.

• No rainbow star
    Then they did it wrong

Ketchup chips taste sweet with just a hint of the ketchup flavour

If it tasted like straight tomato sauce then they fucked up

I'll be fucked if I remember what they tasted like exactly. That was over a decade ago.

• No rainbow star
    If they did it right then maybe Australians just don't know what tastes good
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

> the country that produced Tim Tams
    > doesn't know what tastes good

>:| 

• No rainbow star
    Bah, you got lucky with tim tams

> canada

> taste

• No rainbow star
    >Saying Canada doesn't have taste

>Not liking Ketchup flavoured chips

And in the very next post, you prove my point. Thanks!

• edited 2012-02-20 04:16:41
    No rainbow star
    Bah, even my girlfriend (lives in the states) thinks they sound gross

I think you're all insane

The silence is clearly you graciously accepting defeat and is not at all because I killed the thread by defending the honour of chips >.> <.<
  • Champion of the Whales

We had tomato sauce flavoured crisps but not ketchup flavoured chips because people just covered chips with ketchup anyway

And now we move on to a discussion of why Britain is stupid for changing the names of everything then.

• Champion of the Whales

We did it to troll the rest of the English speaking world ofc ^^

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

We have tomato and basil flavor chips over here.

They're not that good.

• But you never had any to begin with.

On this note, can someone from the US explain the rationale behind paying £12 for 10 "Krispy Kreme" doughnuts? They've recently appeared over here, and that's damned expensive. :|

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Krispy Kreme shut down most of their stores a couple years ago, I guess they're just selling pre-packaged donuts to stay afloat.