If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
Creamy Tagliette of Root Vegetables
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 large parsnips, peeled
- 185 mls whipping (pouring) cream
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 35g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots and parsnips into long, thin strips, until you reach the hard core. Blanch the carrot and parsnips in the boiling water for one minute. Drain, then refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan. Add the garlic and stir over medium heat until the cream has reduced to about 100ml. Stir in half the parmesan and half the chives, then season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain the vegetable strips thoroughly, then add to the cream mixture and stir gently over medium heat for two minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve garnished with the remaining parmesan or chives.
Personally, I like to replace the chives with spring onions. One alternative I've found to be nice is to only use two large carrots and one large parsnip, and add about one-hundred grams of fettucine to the meal.
So, anyway. Yeah. This is a cooking thread. Share recipes, swap tips, request a recipe, or whatever. Go nuts.