If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Malking" (AKA IJBMer in-jokes)

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

NUHing.

• a little muffled

Inning.

• edited 2012-02-18 20:54:01

^^^^ I thought Samus killed all the Ing by blowing up Dark Aether.

• edited 2012-02-18 20:57:25
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

shouldn't this be in IJBM meta?

^ No, one came to Earth and founded a financial sector company.

• edited 2012-02-18 21:44:54

^Ah, whoops. Forgot that this forum has different categories for topics. Can be easy to do that, since they're so easy to miss. Changed it to that category now.

• «But then I could just dress up as myself.»

You're Cygan, not Chagen.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

whoah whoah whoah

who's bringing up chagen and why

• You can change. You can.

You're Cygan, not Chagen.

she didn't say, "Horrible abomination from hell"

• Cygan: Because Chagen's an idiot and you aren't, and your names kinda sound similar.

im a teenaged high school dropout

i think i qualify as an idiot :|

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-02-18 22:34:30

We do not bring up Chagen here anymore, at least we should not.

We kind of do. There is no real reason not to.

• edited 2012-02-18 22:39:42
    Loser

Zennistrad,

Or any other IJBM in-jokes that so far no one has cared to explain to those too new to understand what they mean (e.g. me)?

The only other IJBM "in-joke" I can think of is the "one for every hour" meme which stems from a woman ordering 24 clocks from KarlzBPimparoni and Ponicalica/Vorpy making a joke about that.

On a somewhat related note, I am starting to think that this forum might really benefit from a bigger userbase. This might just be me being weird, but it almost seems like things have gotten a bit too predictable (or predictabo if you will).

On a somewhat related note, I am starting to think that this forum might really benefit from a bigger userbase.

Yeah, it could. But where would you get these new users from, hm?

• First rule of IJBM: Don't talk about Chagen.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "The only other IJBM "in-joke" I can think of is the "one for every hour" meme which stems from a woman ordering 24 clocks from KarlzBPimparoni and Ponicalica/Vorpy making a joke about that."

Aww, that's it? Clearly, we need a meme for every Malk.

On a somewhat related note, I am starting to think that this forum might really benefit from a bigger userbase. This might just be me being weird, but it almost seems like things have gotten a bit too predictable (or predictabo if you will).

I'm starting to really appreciate how we know each other, though. Also, small forums equal more manageable forums. 

• edited 2012-02-18 23:13:19
    Loser

Cygan,

Yeah, it could. But where would you get these new users from, hm?

Sorry, I am not sure. I guess I probably should not raise questions like that without a real solution. I guess there might be some people on Beyond the Lampshade/Heapers' Hangout that are not members here that could be recruited though.

Juan_Carlos,

I'm starting to really appreciate how we know each other, though. Also, small forums equal more manageable forums.

It might just be a personal preference for communities that are not very close-knit then. If most people here prefer having a smaller forum though, I think it is probably better to keep IJBM II at a relatively small size.

It might just be a personal preference for communities that are not very close-knit then. If most people here prefer having a smaller forum though, I think it is probably better to keep IJBM II at a relatively small size.

It's not a matter of choice for us, though. Whether more users come or go, it's entirely up to them. All we can do is things like making an "About Us" page or link them to this forum to see if they're interested. 

Personally, I just like a community where we can have a discussion while knowing who's who so we have a way of knowing what they think about whatever subject before hand or just being vaguely aware of who they are. It makes it easier for discussion to maintain a degree of casuality that helps towards making this place relatively enjoyable from most debate forums.

• DYREs gonna DY? D:

Anyway, I think a somewhat bigger forum would be nice, but like Juan I also like the fact that we all for the most part are familiar with one another, and after a certain point you'll lose that with a bigger forum. 

• No rainbow star

Ica's gonna Ica :D

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I actually agree a bit more with LouieW in that I think we should get more people.  I like how we generally know each other, as Juan_Carlos says, but sometimes you have something like "slow news days" where it feels like I don't have anything new to say because we already all know each other and what we're gonna say about stuff.

I know that very often I post on a forum in order to discuss a certain topic, rather than for the purpose of interacting with certain people.  When we've gotten to the point of "Malk, no Malking" I wonder if we've gone a bit too far in the latter direction--i.e., if the forum is a bit too much of a hangout spot rather than a discussion forum.  We should have a good balance of both.

What say y'all about this balance?

• edited 2012-02-19 09:48:12
    Has friends besides tanks now

I agree with Louie; it's not a guarantee that we can get people who mesh well with us (depends on where they come from), but as it is we all know each other so well that we've become predictable, and certain trends/jokes reoccur too often for my liking. For instance, when I saw that this thread turned to memeticizing people's names, I got right the fuck out because it's been done before, and it's not really that funny. Well, I jumped back in to make a joke about two of the memes we've already established, but that's because I hadn't seen someone mash the jokes together like that, and because I felt it facetiously stupid, as opposed to stupid in a way that I've seen multiple times already.

I'd prefer if we got new people to discuss with, of course. But I still don't see the problem with "Malk no malking" , which will probably die after this thread has taken it and butchered till it turned it into little horrible ribbons that we fed to a pig, only to gut him out for further amusement.

• edited 2012-02-19 10:01:19
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, the problem isn't "Malk no malking".  I just meant that that may be an indication we might need some new people to make things a bit less predictable.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Do you mean the original "Malk no malking", or the offshoots that have come from this thread, as well? The former still kind of amuses me (plus, it actually kinda works, phonetically), but those other ones are seriously horrible.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Yeah, guys, we're kinda malking this one dry. 

The other ones are pretty meh, yeah

I still think that "Alex no alexing" should happen cuz really stop talking about swords shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

man

i have not even started on early modern swords yet