If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Switched the theme

Comments

• While we're talking about custom CSS, I wrote a stylesheet to make the topic list actually show more than 5 topics on the screen... [link to screenshot that demonstrates how much better it is for me]
    It's pretty much the only way I can tolerate using this theme...
  • ^ How did you do that?

(I was just about to try to work it out myself, but if you've already got it I'll just ask you!)
  • edited 2011-03-17 20:47:00
    Here's my custom stylesheet (including a couple other things than just that.  That is, visible links and less space in between posts):

div.Message a:link,div.Message a:visited,div.Message a:active{color:gray!important;}
    div.Message a:hover{color:black!important;}
    a.Title{font-size:14px!important;line-height:16px!important;}
    div.Discussion{padding:0px!important;}
    div.Meta{font-size:9px!important;line-height:10px!important;}
    .Discussions li.Item{margin:0px!important;padding:0px 10px 4px 10px!important;}
    .Discussion li.Item{margin:0px!important;}
  • -piles it onto my "IJBM Tweaks" stylesheet-

Ah, that is better, thanks.
  • HALP.jpeg

How do I CSS
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > NO.ave

Bad command or file name
    @Icalasari: Apparently you can't if you're having your forum hosted by vanillaforums.com.  You have to choose from pre-designed skins/schemes, with a small amount of customizability in a few skins.

Also, I'm testing the blue theme again, to see if links show up.
  • This is what the forums always look like on my Ipod. Well, it's like a mixture of out old theme and this one.
  • The Vanilla software is pretty nice, but their default themes suck.

I almost suspect it's intentional, as a way to "encourage" people to subscribe to a paid hosting plan.
  • I'm pretty sure you need a paid plan to have this many members in the first place.
  • edited 2011-03-17 23:01:41
    ^^ That's... possible, actually.

I mean, at the very least, there's no way they could have accidentally made the links completely unnoticeable...  And certainly no way they could have thought that was a good idea.

They even made them a different color from the regular text, but of course, the difference between #333333 and #282828 is... not a lot.

Plus the ridiculous spacing between topics and other silliness...

^ Apparently not.
  • And all this because of some impostors. I think the phrase "successful troll is successful" may apply here.

I motion that we switch back to the default theme, and anyone still concerned about serif vs. sans-serif (myself included) can use user CSS.

I'm thinking about that.

For now I'm going to switch back to the light grunge theme since Longfellow seems to prefer that the most of these three.
  • Ah, I see.

Can I make more sockpuppets now? They aren't of other users. Also, can you delete accounts? Because I imagine they clutter up the userlist, right?
  • I'm thinking we could (as someone suggested) return to the old color scheme and just be vigilant about tricky usernames. What do you think, Glenn?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm all for a return. I think I might go ahead and register lNUH in the morning just to be safe..
  • I am, as well. As CA said, "successful troll is successful". Being on the lookout is key.
  • edited 2011-03-18 00:33:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    INUH: You might as well.

Also, for what it's worth, in the font of our classic forum style, the uppercase i is slightlyshorter than the lowercase L, for some reason.  That's one way to tell them apart.

I don't mind a return to the classic forum style, but I don't really mind any of the other styles.

@Tnophelia: I think admins can delete accounts, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • It wouldn't be a good idea to delete the impostor accounts anyway. As long as they exist and are banned, they can't be recreated.
  • That's what I'm doing with Longfeiiow.
  • /is suddenly sad that no imposter accounts can derived from "Bob"
  • *is glad that "Anonus" can't be copied convincingly*
  • Yay, back to normal! Well then, back to Droid Sans.

(Also, I left all of DYRE's tweaks in my stylesheet, but commented out, in case I should ever need them again.)
  • Sockpuppet tiem
  • Shut up, TnopheIia.
  • l c wut u did thar