If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Switched the theme

Comments

• That is a problem.
  • I was about to point that out.
  • Testing a link.
  • Holy shit, that's pretty bad.

So your choices again: black-and-white, badly spaced topics, or large title bar/invisible links. I'm gonna do another rotation of these themes now, starting with Light Grunge.
  • You can't tell links apart on Light Grunge either. :p
  • This one's horrible, who designs this shit?
  • a little muffled
    Can't we just go back to the original theme and ban people who impersonate other users?
  • edited 2011-03-17 16:17:30
    Yeah, Light Grunge is pretty ugly.  And not being able to see links makes it even worse.

Why is it that like half of the vanillaforums stylesheets make links impossible to notice?

^ That seems like the best idea...
  • Yeah, we should go back to the old one, maybe just keep more aware of impostors this time. If you check Activity frequently, you'll be able to see new users coming in.
  • The green one wasn't to bad. The blue one and the black one are pretty bad. The original one beats them all, though, and changing it because of the impersonator rather than aesthetics means the troll(s) win(s).
  • I like it.

l like it.
  • edited 2011-03-17 16:27:41
    I also like the idea of returning to the old one.

If you want to change the font in your browser (for any of the themes), add this as custom CSS for itjustbugsme.vanillaforums.com:
    body{font-family:"Georgia" !important;}
    Just replace "Georgia" with the name of any font you like.
  • This theme is kinda cool, but the offset posts annoy my eyes.

/petty complaint
  • Poot dispenser here
    Kinda nice, but could you move it so that the posts are oriented to the left, like before?
  • edited 2012-07-22 18:13:55

• I love it

therefore

no changes will be made.
  • Yeah, can we change it back now?
  • I was kind of okay with the previous ones, but this one is just all around terrible.
  • edited 2011-03-17 19:19:39
    No rainbow star
    Can you make a new theme? Or do you have to select premade ones?

If you can make a new theme and just don't know how, send the template my way. I can figure something out. ANYTHING but this >.<

EDIT: Yeah, the alignment to the right is what annoys me
  • edited 2011-03-17 19:32:08
    This them makes it even harder to see links.  :(  I guess I could do this:

Still hard to see.  Well, that's a little better.
  • I don't know if either of the admins know any HTML/CSS, so I don't think they can do a custom theme.
  • No rainbow star
    I know enough to get by. So like I said, if there is a template, I can easily go in and change the font used
  • edited 2011-03-17 20:05:10
    Well if custom themes were an option, it'd be as simple as just adding the line:
    span.Author {font-family:serif!important;}
    But perhaps the problem is that vanillaforums just doesn't allow custom CSS with free forums.  Or something.
  • edited 2011-03-17 20:05:51
    ^Yes it does.

I have a forum hosted on Vanilla, and in the dashboard is its front page's HTML. I don't see anything to do with fonts, though, have a look:

{asset name='Head'}

{asset name="Content"}

{asset name="Panel"}

• edited 2011-03-17 20:06:45
    We need the CSS (stylesheet), not the HTML.
  • edited 2011-03-17 20:08:35
    Ah.

Well it should work if you just put your custom CSS in a
  • The CSS has no code in it, only this:

/* ---- Edit CSS ----

If you are unfamiliar with CSS, there are some learning resources in the help
    section on the right-hand side of the page.

Here are some things you should know before you begin:

1. Any definitions you enter here will be related to your custom theme. If you
       change to a different theme, these definitions will no longer be visible on
       this page. If you switch back to your custom theme, your changes will be
       present.

2. By default, your custom css definitions will be included *after* the theme
       css files. So, your definitions will take precedence over the theme ones.

3. You can choose to not include the theme css files at all, and instead only
       include your custom css definitions with the "Revision Options" to the
       top-right.

4. We strip comments, invalid code, expressions, @imports, and unsafe or
       potentially malicious code from your css before saving it.

5. When you preview your changes, you are the only one who can see the preview.

*/

I imagine this is meant to be blanked and replaced with code that will "bind" itself to the code in place, or something.
  • edited 2011-03-17 20:16:13
    ^ Yep, that's what it looks like you're supposed to do. Though what DYRE said should work too (and, honestly, is probably sufficient for a single line of code).
  • edited 2011-03-17 20:16:02
    ^^ Oh.  Then just put your custom CSS stuff in there.

I assume that is just an extra stylesheet that gets loaded in addition to the default ones and the selected theme one, so... yeah.  Easy.