If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

DC announced a Watchmen prequel

2»

Comments

• Must be because I just read/watched it for the first time. =P

To be honest, I do want to read the Minutemen issues, at least.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Oh God, they're actually doing this? -_-

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes.

• You can change. You can.

what

but i'm only talking about this one case

i don't even know about any other cases of this

Then why talk in plural?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Because you talked in plurals, and I was copying what you were saying in order to be annoying.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Wasn't there already a prequel called "The End is Neigh" or something?

• edited 2012-02-01 19:13:55

Yeah, that was a video game about Nite Owl and Rorschach shortly before the Keene Act.

I still want to read this if only to see more of the Minutemen.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

"The End is Neigh"

Er...you mean "nigh," right?

I tend to take this latest development as a kind of eager confirmation that they are still apparently dependent on ideas that I had 25 years ago. -- Alan Moore

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

ICE

BURN

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    He said the same thing about Blackest Night except it's actually true now.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Hey, look at the bright side. At least it's not a sequel. 

• OLD NEWS

Seriously, I made an IJBM about plans for another installment of Watchmen a while back.

Back then it seemed like the kind of thing people talk about, but never happens. It seems that now it's pretty much set up for release.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Admittedly DC did try to get Moore to do the comics, but still...
  • Now that I finally figured out the HTML, I can finally post my opinion on the matter.

truly something we all care for.

• edited 2012-02-02 12:22:02
    You can change. You can.

Speaking of indifference, it's really bothering me how many people have to go out of their way to remark on their indifference and how much they don't care for comics, whether because of this or because this reminded them about the aforementioned indifference.

Honestly, as much as I think that everyone's blowing this out of proportion (It's just one horrible miniseries that might as well be commercial fanfic) it's honestly the kind of thing that makes me want to evade Tumblr, Facebook and so on like a motherfucker.

ETA: You needed to know this, btw

• Zennistrad - All that effort when you could just not have posted in this thread? Well, it's your time to waste.

• edited 2012-02-02 13:52:21
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I find it kinda sad, The movie was itself was a stretch, an actual sequel or prequel is too much.

Also

And Watchmen was actually good.

>Dissing NGE when liking K-On!

All my hate and Scorn.

• edited 2012-02-02 13:57:50

Honestly, my only surprise is that it took them this long. Almost all of DC's seminal, age-setting, one shot comics have had sequels or prequels. Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One, etc...

Frankly, I am amazed it took this long. Why now of all time? Why not around the same time the movie came out? Don't get me wrong, I still find it stupid (note that almost all the series I named, the follow-up was FUCKING TERRIBLE), the timing of it just baffles me.

Eitherway, it'll just be a another sequel people can continue to pretend never existed.

• 1. The cynical capitalizing of a treasured IP displayed here is probably more entertaining than I'd expect their average comic book to be. And that's free entertainment.

2. You don't have to read it.

3. It's not like it will be canonical in any way that needs to be meaningful to you.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Why not around the same time the movie came out?

I was actually wondering this too. There was a period where Watchmen got this huge surge of new interest from people who weren't all that into comics under normal circumstances...then they do this what, three years after that?

• @INUH It's because Marvel and DC are known for having wonderful business sense.

Oh wait, I meant they're known for having horrendous business sense.