If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The iDOLM@STER (animé series)

edited 2012-01-29 10:31:43 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I thought you would be this junky series with fanservice of teen pop idols.

Instead, you're a heartwarming series about a cast of characters who are on the most part cute children going through personal (i.e. character) development.

And there's been not a single panty-shot, and the most "male gaze" there has been occurred in the show-within-a-show in episode 4 (or 3?), in such a way that I'm wondering if it was a critical commentary on that sort of camera usage itself.

And you've even brought me to tears by the end of episode 7!  What is this?  What's going on?

Comments

• What is this? What's going on?

Moe.

• Kichigai birthday!!

RAADINGU RAADINGU

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ SHUT THE FUCK UP AMI

• edited 2013-03-13 12:29:43
    law of silence

• Kichigai birthday!!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Dammit, people keep telling me to watch this, but I haven't yet. I probably should at some point.

• law of silence

Yes, you should >:(

• You can change. You can.

nononono, inuh! We must remain strong and ignorant! D:

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^I will. Just...sometime >.>

• edited 2013-03-13 12:29:56
    law of silence

• edited 2012-01-29 10:51:22

^^^^^ You should watch it. (EDIT: Totally started writing this post when there weren't five other posts after INUH's... >.>)  Though, it's not actually especially remarkable, other than being generally high quality.  It doesn't really do anything that every single other show in its genre doesn't do.  I'm really not sure why GMH was so surprised.

Still, animation is nice and the characters are cute and it's funny and there is a fuckton of J-pop, so it's still worth watching. 

• They're somethin' else.

Aka the show that put Kentaro Miura on hiatus >:/

• edited 2013-03-24 17:43:03
    law of silence

It doesn't really do anything that every single other show in its genre doesn't do. I'm really not sure why GMH was so surprised.

nobody except you expects to like moe unironically. >:|

• Has friends besides tanks now

"nobody except you expects to like moe unironically. >:|"

>.>

I'll watch this once I'm done with NGE (as in, once I start NGE).

re the J-pop in idolmaster: Ironically, this is the part that has yet to impress me.  Except possibly Chihaya's song in like ep 4 or something, whichever was the Frog Cooking Show episode.

>Ironically

just as ironic as rain in your wedding day

• edited 2012-02-05 22:31:34

@CompassionateSadist: re your spoilered comment: oh HOLY FREAKING SHIT you were right about that.

This series is getting at least 8/10.

Also, first OP annoys me because it sings "Are you ready?  I'm lady" rather than "Are you ready?  I'm ready".

• But "I'm lady" is more memetic than "I'm ready" would be.

But it makes less sense in English.  It's more annoying if you want to make a singable English translation.

Why is Haruka's smile so contagious?  through the damn fourth wall, even!

• edited 2012-02-05 23:54:25

This is hilarious:

Anyone else notice the stealth pun in the second opening theme, which is titled "change", and actually features a sequence where Haruka "changes" into her stage uniform?  Well, more like, she's shown in everyday clothes for a few frames and then she's shown in the same pose in her stage outfit right as the refrain starts.

• Confession: I still haven't seen past episode 13 of this series.'

Partly this is because I've been trying to go slow in the hopes that Doki will stop sucking and actually translate the last 4 episodes.

In any case, I haven't seen the second OP as a result. 

Uh, Chibiki's already done the entire series.

• edited 2012-02-06 20:25:07

But, see, I said Doki.

I have Doki's subs for the rest of the show and I don't like mixing groups unless I either don't give a shit about the show or or the subs are terrible or if I have to.  And since I have other things to watch in the meantime, I'll just wait. 

• edited 2013-03-24 17:52:23
    law of silence

Incidentally, I found a really nice English fandub of READY!, and haven't yet found as good of a fandub of CHANGE!.  (Or howevermany exclamation points there should be.)

My favorite part of CHANGE! for now is the downward scale in the accompaniment at the very beginning, actually.

The Futami twins probably play Scout.  And do it damn well.

Azusa would probably play Medic.  If she did play.  If she didn't, Haruka could probably be asked to.

Takane fits the role of the Spy.

Yukiho also probably doesn't play, but if she did she'd probably be Demoman.  Though not Demoknight.  I was going to say melee Soldier but he doesn't actually dig anything with that shovel.

Makoto seems a decent fit for Soldier.

Hibiki might be a good fit for Engineer.

Ritsuko, who likes to get involved in things but doesn't like the publicity as much, should play Pyro.

Chihaya seems fit for Sniper, though she's probably too busy with music.  Iori might do that instead.  Iori fits Sniper and Spy.

That pretty much leaves Heavy for Miki, which kinda works.

And Yayoi just doesn't give a damn.

I've been done with watching The iDOLM@STER, and now I feel saddened that it's over!

I just barely got to know these characters!  I just started caring about them and feeling their feelings, and now...it's over already?