If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Whenever people compliment me...

edited 2012-01-18 16:25:44 in General
You can change. You can.

My first instinct is to tell them to fuck off and that flattery will get them nowhere with me.

why is this ._.

Comments

• law of silence
    Juan y u so tsundere
  • You can change. You can.

shut up, it's not like i like being complimented or any...

oh

oh god

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    it begins

NOTHING BEGINS, SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!

I mean, no, Forzabro, stay and let's talk about Lo...

no, go and die in a hellhole

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    This thread is based on a false premise

therefore it is invalid :3
  • I'm going to tell you something, it might be too much for you to handle, but bear with me:

Your ego is too large. Yeah I said it. If it weren't, what people say wouldn't matter that much to you, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Juan's being tsundere with other people. 

He doesn't like me anymore. ;_;

I'm going to tell you something, it might be too much for you to handle, but bear with me:

Your ego is too large. Yeah I said it. If it weren't, what people say wouldn't matter that much to you, regardless of whether it is positive or negative.

dude

my ego died in 2005

stop talking about corpses, man

• My first instinct is to panic and vehemently deny anything they say =/

oh god that too. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

My instinct is usually to say "Thank you for the compliment, but I don't really deserve it so you should probably stop."

The thing is, normally, I assume the worst of someone complimenting me. Or at least, not the worse, but insincerity. Mostly because in my experience (And having done it myself) compliments tend to be done more because of social expectations than because of, you know, actually thinking someone deserves a compliment.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

My first instinct is a nervous smile, accepting it and a proper smile. 

• Juan isn't a tsundere, he's not a redhead!

[obligatory switch to an Asukatar here]

Well, tsundere also come pink, brown, black, male...

oi, i'm not pink!

I mean, hair.

Louise Françoise Le Blanc de la Valliere, Taiga, Shana, Shaoran...

• ninjaclown,

I think that logic makes some sense, but I would not say it really applies to most people. I mean, I feel like plenty of people who have small egos dislike particularly negative comments. I might be missing the point of what you are saying though and if so I apologize in advance.

As for the topic at hand, I believe that compliments tend to be overused and that if you are going to praise someone, it is best to do it sparingly and only really when it is directly linked to what someone did. So saying "good job" when someone does a task well seems reasonable to me, but making a comment like "you are always so awesome, kind, humble, and you have the prettiest/handsomest hair" is going too far in my book.

That being said, I hear that just saying "thanks" is generally the best response to praise, but if someone is rambling in a fashion to the second comment I mentioned, it seems alright to me to tell him or her that that bothers you.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

also annoying: people ('specially girls) asking me why I haven't had sex yet

i mean, god, really